Dynadot

To Mask or not To Mask... is there even a question?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you wear a mask in public?

Hello Mods and Mems,

Well here we have it. Mandatory mask wearing in public.
Now most of you that know me understand that I am not the kind of guy that welcomes new laws...
infringement on personal freedom... that kind of stuff.
However, their are some laws that have been passed in my lifetime I believe are just plain common sense.

Car seats for kids.
Seat belts.
No riding in the back of pickup trucks.
No smoking in public places.
Stuff like this saves lives.

Wearing a mask in public is not so much for your own protection, but for the protection of those around you.
This is not my opinion. According to the medical professionals, this is a fact.

Lets hear from you.
Without turning this into a political pissing match, those of you who believe against wearing masks in public, please justify your position.

Please keep it civil... no personal attacks.

Thank you.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This year - Still far more deaths from alcohol than from CV19 labels. (1.43 million to date)
This year - Still more deaths from auto accidents than from CV19 labels. (790k)
This year - Still more deaths from HIV than from CV19 labels. (983k)
and look only $305 million spent on obesity related diseases in the USA! Today alone!
https://www.worldometers.info/

Infinite love wins,
Ignorance loses.
Those totals are for the World and not one country like USA.

And nothing on that list is contiguous by just being next to someone. HIV needs sexual contact or exchange of bodily fluids.

Ignorance/Arogance on display again.

Last edited:
•••
No replies to this one NPers?

How could a nation of 1.4 billion people eek out of this with under 5000 deaths? (y)

Magic?
Herbal Formulas?
Acupuncture?
Taiji?
All of the above?
Zhongguo? You mean China, and they Lie about their cases and deaths.

Does anyone here actually believe what China puts out as accurate? That China only has 4364 deaths?

Dont pee on our legs and tell us its only raining.

Last edited:
•••
Zhongguo? You mean China, and they Lie about their cases and deaths.

Does anyone here actually believe what China puts out as accurate? That China only has 4364 deaths?

Dont pee on our legs and tell us its only raining.

Do you think people in China call their country China?

add a zero or two and it's still a microscopic figure for 1.4 billion people.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't care.

Typical self-centered American response. :facepalm:

***Note to others outside of the USA, we are not all like this.

•••
cce4b6f328963b9d9e60a6dade150896.jpg

•••
Typical self-centered American response. :facepalm:

***Note to others outside of the USA, we are not all like this.
Your narrative belongs in the Political thread not here.

•••
Your narrative belongs in the Political thread not here.

I'd say your self-centered response that you don't care about what native people call their home land belongs in that thread AKA the NP sewer system.

We are in the break room.
I am holding you accountable for the bad rap that Americans get because of self-centered comments like yours.

I'm very professional in every non break room thread.

Here - it is a break from the domain name game. (y)

Last edited:
•••
I'd say your self-centered response that you don't care about what a native people call their home land belongs in that thread AKA the NP sewer system.

We are in the break room.
I am holding you accountable for the bad rap that Americans get because of self-centered comments like yours.

Here - it is a break from the domain name game. (y)
You are trying to change the narrative of this thread, I will be more then happy to discuss these matters with you over in the Political thread or in a thread about this subject if you would like to create one.

•••
•••
8 months into a worldwide pandemic and we are at <700k deaths. (Out of 8 billion people)
And the vast majority that are labeled covid deaths, which does not mean the cause of . . .

Many more people are "positive" than what the tests say. Also old news.

Coronaviruses are inside of us. Also basic biology of our microbiome.

That is a weird ass way of accounting. Any disease would have an unusually high survival rate if you divided it by every person, who doesn't even have it.

Guess what the survival rate would go way up for cancer, aids, etc.

Factoring in people that have not got a disease (yet) is a poor way of accounting, especially when the cases are still exploding in some places like the US.

If you have a positive test result in the US, you have a 3.3% chance of dying.
Those are the stats.

Brad
Brad - In "Compassion's" mind, a pandemic happens everywhere and to everyone at the exact same moment.

And in "Compassion World", anything and everything exists in a vacuum. There is also no before, nor is there an after. "Compassion" only accepts information that fits the narratives he is pushing. Anything or anyone that would clarify, change or contradict the information he himself has chosen to use to support his crazy notions is summarily rejected and vilified by him.

Then I'm holding you accountable for giving "alternative medicine" practitioners a bad rap!
These doctors are no superheros, they do tow the wag-the-dog agenda...This article was posted in the print journal May 21st and was authentic, however due to backlash by those who repeat the MSM wag-the-dog narrative as the 100% factual word of god combined with being backroomed and threatened to turn it into joke, they likely were catalyzed to write their June rebuttal, else they would be Scott Jensened.

...when you thought they and their article supported your narrative, they were a good source of info. Now that it turns out they don't, you question their integrity and demonize them.

Just admit you failed once again and move on - but first, apologize to these real healthcare professional for questioning their integrity!

Last edited:
•••
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-public-to-wear-masks-minister-idUSKCN24U2UJ

Dutch government will not advise public to wear masks - minister

"The Dutch government on Wednesday said it will not advise the public to wear masks to slow the spread of coronavirus, asserting that their effectiveness has not been proven......"

The government in Holland and their populous disagrees that masks ought to be worn . . .

This illustrates perfectly the issue with people quoting things,don't know shit and place things out of context.

You quote things that support your narrative. Truth is, masks are mandatory over here in certain circumstances/situations.

Mind you, although infections are rising a bit after we gained more freedom some time ago, we've got shit under control. Just a couple of people in the ICU due to Covid.

How? Wash your hands, keep your distance, works from home and wear that damn mask when you need to.

Edit:
Also, the advise of the Dutch government goes against what our medical experts are advising.

Last edited:
•••
It's easier to wear a mask than change your diet. Currently my diet is pretty standard, mostly of meat and starch with some veggies, but now I am seriously considering a plant based/whole food diet (starting tomorrow) to boost my immunity.

https://www.forksoverknives.com/wellness/could-changing-diet-defeat-covid-19/

BTW, I still follow public safety guidelines ie. mask wearing, social distancing, hand washing etc., and will continue to do so; however, personally I am suspicious of any new vaccine efficacy vs potential complications as a result of injection (having had some bad experiences in past).

Last edited:
•••
It's easier to wear a mask than change your diet. Currently my diet is pretty standard, mostly of meat and starch with some veggies, but now I am seriously considering a plant based/whole food diet (starting tomorrow) to boost my immunity.

https://www.forksoverknives.com/wellness/could-changing-diet-defeat-covid-19/

BTW, I still follow public safety guidelines ie. mask wearing, social distancing, hand washing etc., and will continue to do so; however, personally I am suspicious of any new vaccine efficacy vs potential complications as a result of injection (having had some bad experiences in past).

Hi neighbor to the north....

Our wise neighbors in Holland have rejected mask mandates at a government level as there is no proof they help.

PS I like to to take super mushrooms like reishi, cordyceps, chaga - to name a few - these may help you feel good and boost immunity.

Last edited:
•••
Not proven effective isn't proof that they aren't. Non-medical masks are mostly a security blanket IMO. Social distancing (6ft gap) is probably the safest measure. Thanks for the tips on the shrooms, lol.

Last edited:
•••
This illustrates perfectly the issue with people

Also, the advise of the Dutch government goes against what our medical experts are advising.

@lennco
I'll remind you that the good 'Ol US of A is ranked DEAD LAST among first world nations regarding the quality of healthcare while also being the most expensive!

Why follow the lead of the loser? To strum your patriotic arrogant fiddle that the USA is the best and every other nation isn't? O_o

I will also remind you that the THIRD leading cause of death in the USA after Heart Disease and Cancer is Iatrogenesis (Death by doctor errors)

It is good to know that Holland still possesses common sense. (y)

56406_fullimage_dutch%20flag.jpg

(And still . . . I have not seen a single jogger wearing a mask in my town, which includes me when I jog)

Last edited:
•••
I have not seen a single jogger wearing a mask in my town, which includes me when I jog)

Just a friendly reminder, you shouldn't wear the mask over your eyes, you should use it to cover your mouth and nose only. ;)

Wear your glasses or goggles to protect your eyes.

IMO

Last edited:
•••

@lennco
I'll remind you that the good 'Ol US of A is ranked DEAD LAST among first world nations regarding the quality of healthcare while also being the most expensive!

Why follow the lead of the loser? To strum your patriotic arrogant fiddle that the USA is the best and every other nation isn't? O_o

I will also remind you that the THIRD leading cause of death in the USA after Heart Disease and Cancer is Iatrogenesis (Death by doctor errors)

It is good to know that Holland still possesses common sense. (y)

56406_fullimage_dutch%20flag.jpg

(And still . . . I have not seen a single jogger wearing a mask in my town, which includes me when I jog)

Mh... Well not much to disagree on here :). Actually I think using your common sense will help a lot in getting the situation under control.

I had to wear a facemask for the first time this weekend. When it's 95 degrees it's not very comfortable. No issue breathing though. I don't mind.

They announced today that in some parts of our bigger cities like Amsterdam you now have to wear a facemask in crowded areas.I think its a good thing. It's not just about the medical aspect of wearing one but it also acts as a reminder for people. It's not over, still a need to keep your distance as much as possible.

I guess I'm fortunate enough to be able to go outside and not having to wear one. I hope it'll last as a lot of people are traveling again, abroad. I see people keeping less and less distance. Second wave will most probably come. The human species is a stubborn one.

•••
And still . . . I have not seen a single jogger wearing a mask in my town, which includes me when I jog)

I hate jogging myself but what would be the point wearing one? It's not like you're running close to people right? You can easily keep your distance.

I don't support the theory that it will not give you enough air or be bad for you but it will 100% have a slight impact. That's common sense as well.

I could run for miles without getting close to anybody so I don't see the point in wearing one when you can keep a safe distance.

•••
I could run for miles without getting close to anybody so I don't see the point in wearing one when you can keep a safe distance.
Where I'm at, there are a lot of runners, walkers, and bicyclists and the roads have a good amount of auto traffic. As such, it can be very difficult to avoid others when one is out partaking in their preferred form of excersise.

•••

You are right if you can maintain a safe distance at all times.

But even so try not to run right behind other people, because as fast as you are running it will take you only couple of seconds to reach the same space that they were occupying just moments before, and if they have happened to sneeze or breathe too hard you might still get exposed to the droplets that have come out of their mouth or nose in that space before they got the chance to dissipate or fall to the ground.

In general it's a good idea to avoid walking right behind other people like in stores or when at work.

Also as already mentioned it's a good idea to wear your glasses or some kind of goggles to protect your eyes in addition to wearing a mask.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Where I'm at, there are a lot of runners, walkers, and bicyclists and the roads have a good amount of auto traffic. As such, it can be very difficult to avoid others when one is out partaking in their preferred form of excersise.

Yeah in that case you have 3 options:
1. Don't run, use an exercise machine.
2. Run, keep as much distance as possible, wear a mask.
3. Run, don't wear a mask and be an ass.

It's not that hard :)

•••
Yeah in that case you have 3 options:
1. Don't run, use an exercise machine.
2. Run, keep as much distance as possible, wear a mask.
3. Run, don't wear a mask and be an ass.

It's not that hard :)
You forgot option #4.

4. Run late at night when everyone is in bed. (My preferred option - though not the safest thing to do in some areas.)

•••
Option 5: Buy a treadmill

It's probably not a very good idea to go to crowded gyms at the present time.

IMO

•••
Option 5: Buy a treadmill

It's probably not a very good idea to go to crowded gyms at the present time.

IMO

And hook it up to a battery. Save some energy, save the planet :).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back