NameSilo

Tld's to invest into, other than .com?

Labeled as opinion in Domain Extensions started by vikki88, Nov 10, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. vikki88

vikki88 Established Member

Also, do you hand reg?
    Or backorder domains from justdropped (or similar websites)...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

Depends on niche keyword popularity availability single word and gtld perhaps if has search value or geo targeted. I haven't won backorder in years so stopped.

3. vikki88

vikki88 Established Member

Thanks for your feedback

4. Brands.International

Brands.International formerly lolwarrior Gold Account VIP

5. Zilla

Zilla SOLD or DROP VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

6. Reddstagg

Reddstagg Upgraded Member Gold Account

I keep saying this, so forgive me for saying it again, but I thinkf it may help you.

Please note however, that the appraisal tool used doesn't matter or the values that they give.

7 out of my top 10 appraised domain names are not Dot.com.

The alternative domain extensions include .furniture .loans, .holiday, .haus, 2 x .coffee and a .rocks.

All of my domains are hand registered (150) and I have a 'maybe' list of over 1,100 domain names that I will probably only ever list if funds allow.

I have not sold any domains yet and this is stage II of my strategy.

I have invested €2,500 so far (and dropped some names. The guesstimated value of my portfolio is over €75,000 and yes, before you all shout at me I know this is not what I will receive.

Sometimes in life, there are no clear cut roads to riches so you must do what is best for you and have the courage to follow your instincts.

Goodluckforthe.future

7. Elroy Perker

Elroy Perker Established Member

.com is the most trusted TLD. However, .co in a second-place according to the research. You can also go with .us, .org or .biz.

8. barman

barman Established Member

I invest in .io and .co. I don't touch any new GTLDs.

I rarely hand-register. Either auction sites or private acquisitions

9. jmcc

jmcc Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I would not trust that research. There's a lot of "research" out there that is not supported by any data and .CO loses traffic to the equivalent .COM. (o.co lost 61% of its traffic to o.com).

The .US is a very underrated ccTLD. The .ORG is a good choice and really should be second after .COM. People have not had good results with . BIZ and it is currently declining.

Regards...jmcc

10. Anne L.

Anne L. Established Member

.com
    .net
    .co
    .org
    .io
    .tv
    .it
    .online
    .live
    .de
    .uk

I choose .tlds with the mindset that:

1. the end-users should get their money's worth. The .tlds that should be bought should have a track record of ranking in the search engines.

2. SEO efforts should not be wasted. If you are to exert the same effort, spend the same amount on SEO programs for your site, it would be wise to carefully weigh the keywords /words you'll choose before and after the dot.

My go-to site when I'm considering other tlds is: domaintyper.com.

I search the tld rankings by searching these keywords on Google: domaintyper + .tld
    E.g. domaintyper .com
    Domaintyper .net
    Domaintyper .co

The global rank helps me decide whether the .tld's ranking amongst 1 million sites indicates that the traffic/no. Of visitors considers the .tld authoritative.

I also looked at the global rank of other "popular" .tlds like .ai, .network, .global and discovered that albeit being preferred, there are .tlds that do not get enough traffic.

I chose the .tlds enumerated above based on their brandability and their Search Engine Ranking potential (Search engine: that's where the market/the customers are,that's where the traffic comes from).

11. enterscope

enterscope NoReserve.Club Gold Account

I think PRO is undervalued with how popular the keyword is in business branding.

12. Anne L.

Anne L. Established Member

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice