Dynadot

tips Tips for promoting domain auctions?

NameSilo
Watch

NiallUK

Domain InvestorEstablished Member
Impact
Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to view my post! :)

I am new to domain investment and have gathered some domains in my portfolio. I have then listed them as BIN + Make offer on Flippa classifieds.

My question is how can i get more traffic to my listings? In other words, how can i get my domains out there in-front of more sets of eyes?

For example, Facebook/Google ads? Lead generation? Cold-calling? Social media promotion?

All tips are welcome for a beginner like me!

Thank you!
Niall :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have often asked this question in the beginning. The answer(s) are the "keys to the kingdom" my friend.

Many won't tell you on here. Trade secrets.

But I will tell you what I notice how smart domainers get eyes on their domains.

It all boils down to early planning. Last minute promotions is never gonna work. You need at least a month's time to plan.

Simple post a domain in the make offer section here on NP. Choose your best.

Then make sure your other domain auctions are shown in your signature.

I have seen some pros on here have threads for their domains for sale.

I always see the large amount of views and get jealous.

But in true there is no real reason I couldn't do the same. The key is to so things early enough to get those views.

I realized later that domain for sale page had the best domains and thread was created a month or two prior.

You need to give people enough time to check out your thread.

At some point once you reach 5,000 views it's all snowball effect.

Most just see the high number and get curious and check out your thread. That only increases views. With any luck if you have say 25,000 views some of those actually checked out your auction.

I would tell you where else to promote on but I'm not allowed to mention other forums.

Also a targetted email list helps too.

Like say a list of domain owners who own domains containing the keywords of your domain.

There are places online you can grab a Whois list.

But then now you are talking about SPAMMING.

Thing about spamming. If from the jump you are asking for money via selling them something like a domain. That's automatically labeled spam.

But if you were offering to buy something from them it's still spam but now it's a scenario where you are maybe going to give them money.

People are Funny. When you send out email trying to sell something it's spam because the main goal is to get money from you.

Email them because you want to buy something from them ie give them money different tone.

Lol

Keep that in mind.

Th best scenario is to create a useful website to domainers so they will sign up for your newsletter. That's the bulletproof method.

Like a website that gives all domain sales since 1990.

Or

A website that tracks all upcoming expired or delete domains.

Or

A domain news website.

Problem with that is people beat you too it already.

Come up with a unique service domainers will love and getting eyes on your domain auctions will be easy. Just tap into your newsletter subscribers.

•••
Back