Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
I understand that Afternic is in the process of going through some renovations and as such please indicate what new features and changes you like to see in the system.

Please note: This thread is for people who want to provide positive and constructive ideas to make Afternic a more domainer friendly platform. If you don’t like using them at all then this thread is not for you.

Here are the features that I like to see:

Having more choices and designs for the landing pages with the option to personalize them to a certain degree.

Having a Buy Now button along with Make Offer in addition to the option to contact the Afternic Sales Agents.

A box that can be check marked to indicate that the seller is willing to consider all offers above the min offer so that the potential buyers won’t get scared away by seeing the Buy Now price.

Having up to date and accurate stats that indicate all the pertinent info about the domains and potential buyers.

Having an option to send a copy to the email on the account when a message is sent to the support through the Afternic contact form.

Accelerating the review process so that the domains don’t end up in limbo for several months

Automatically verifying the domains that have expired or no longer belong to the account holder and setting them to inactive status (with an explanation).

IMO

Thread rules:
Everyone is invited to participate as long as things are kept on topic and are on the constructive, professional, and respectful side. If you provide a link to anything make sure that it pertains to the subject of this thread and give a brief description as to what it is about, and if you are just expressing your own personal opinion make sure to put IMO at the end of your comment (In My Opinion).

Please note that giving a "Thank" simply means that I am thanking you for participating in this discussions and for providing your perspective on the subject at hand and not necessarily that I agree with your points of view.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also like to be able to get some feed back from the Afternic Sales Agents when they are contacted by potential buyers as to what they thought of the Buy Now price and why they didn't make an offer.

What was the max amount that they were willing to pay and if they were interested to be notified if the Buy Now price was reduced at a later date.

As a hobbyist and collector who likes to hang on to his domains I don't have much experience with making sales, but I still like to be able to sell a domain or two to help with renewals and developing my nonprofit website for some of my domains such as:

SavingOurHomePlanet.com /.org
GoodOldEarth.com /.org
EndingStarvation.com / org
GoAllSustainable.com / org
HatefulSpeech.com / .org

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Good news,

Looks like Godaddy is going to add Buy Now button to the landing pages.

Now if they only provided some real time stats along with that for the landers and the visitors then we all we'll be happy campers.

It's very important to know how many people have visited the Landers everyday along with the stats for any price requests or offers. (real visitors not robots)

This is vital information for all domainers who want to improve the quality of their portfolio and adjust their pricing strategies and I don't think that it's fair for them to be deprived of this information any longer.

Thanks to Godaddy for finally seeing the light and wanting to do the right thing.

I guess a little whining and nagging helped after all. :xf.wink:

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with anyone, but I have had my domains with Godaddy for a long time and consider them as one of my favorite Registrars. (along with Epik, Fabulous, and Register.com which I have had the experience of using.)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
we're doing our best. Hopefully lots more to come out this year that the community can get excited about.

•••
we're doing our best. Hopefully lots more to come out this year that the community can get excited about.

I have changed the nameservers for my domains to NS3.Afternic.com and NS4.Afternic.com in anticipation of using the new Afternic/Godaddy Landers. :xf.wink:

•••
I have changed the nameservers for my domains to NS3.Afternic.com and NS4.Afternic.com in anticipation of using the new Afternic/Godaddy Landers. :xf.wink:
try ns5/ns6

•••
ADD FINANCING.

Get with the 21st century.

I want the option to spread out cash flows.
Not even Godaddy, offers financing.

Last edited:
•••
try ns5/ns6

Thanks, I like the new Landers:

20210426_212926.gif

@Paul Nicks , now if I could sell couple of domains a month I would be a happy camper.
:xf.smile::xf.wink::angelic:

Last edited:
•••
No camel case options, no financing options and not 'working with' Epik means I will not be moving anything.

•••
No camel case options, no financing options and not 'working with' Epik means I will not be moving anything.

Different domains work better with different Landers,

It might be best to alternate between the different platforms every once in awhile to see which one you have better luck with, kind of like the way people did it with the Parking companies in the past.

IMO

•••
@Paul Nicks

So far I think the new Landers are great, I am sure that you have done all kinds of tests and trials to come up with the ultimate format and looks that produces the best results,

But I wish that I could have some stats about my Landers to help me with organizing and pricing my domains.

Like how many potential buyers have visited each Lander (not bots, but actual people) and what was the most that they were willing to offer on a certain domain.

I got to admit that as a collector I don't have too much experience with domain sales, for now I have priced my domains from very low four figures to very high five figures and some in between and the ones that I have priced higher are the ones that I am kind of attached to or that I might want to use for my own projects later on and might not be in a big hurry to sell, but I am just testing them out and that's why having some real stats to go by can help me greatly in how I sort out my domains.

Nevertheless you guys have done a great job with this new Landers, but I still need some stats and expert advice by Godaddy to help me with organizing and pricing my domains.

It would be nice if Godaddy could provide an in debt monthly report that included suggestions and advice about pricing each domain based on the level of interest that there is for them and the inherent value that the domains might have according to your brokers (and I don't mean those automated appraisals :xf.wink:).

One thing is for sure, the more sales there are the better it is going to be for everyone involved and so I believe that Godaddy should do its best to help domainers in that regard and not to keep them in the dark about their domains.

Keep up the good work. :xf.smile::xf.wink::angelic:

IMO

•••
I was about to reply saying the following.
Different domains work better with different Landers,

It might be best to alternate between the different platforms every once in awhile to see which one you have better luck with

I think these ns5/6 with BIN price and button offer a great option for some domain names. They are clean, professional, prominent GoDaddy branding, and allow a quick and easy purchase.

That said, I agree that certain domain names may benefit from other aspects not available in these landers, such as payment plan options, graphics that build an emotional connection, descriptions, etc.

The one simple request I would make is to preserve the camel casing that is in the Afternic listing in these landers. It seems even if I delete and relist and it looks right in my portfolio, it still comes out all single case. This is a detriment for multi-word domain names, as well as those that are acronyms.

Thanks again @Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler for making this happen. I have moved a number of my landers to ns5/6 this morning, and plan to move more to give them a try.

Thanks for starting this thread @oldtimer.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
That said, I agree that certain domain names may benefit from other aspects not available in these landers, such as payment plan options, graphics that build an emotional connection, descriptions, etc.

For some domains I personally prefer to use the simple and clean looking Landers that don't distract much from what a Sales Lander is supposed to do.

But it's good that there are a variety of choices and options available across the domain Industry so that we can test what works best for ecah specific type and category of domain.

Some domains that people use more elaborate Landers for might be long term investments that they might not necessarily want to sell until they mature and might be using the Landers just to show them off and gauge the level of interest for them.

So everyone has to find the right Lander that they feel good about depending on the caliber and category of the domain name and also whom they are catering to (such as Corporate end users, startups, small businesses, individual entrepreneurs, wholesale buyers, or institutions and nonprofits). And there are certainly enough platforms out there with different types of Landers to keep everyone happy.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
try ns5/ns6

Thanks. You've been testing this for a while now. How do they compare against ns3/ns4 result-wise? Did they improve STR and/or final sale price? If yes, by how much?

•••
•••
@Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler

I know that you guys have your hands full with the new Lander rollout, but here are couple of questions for you all:

(answer at your first convenience)

1- How does the Review process work at Afternic and why is it that some domains remain under Review for several months, can't you all know if a domain name is suitable for acceptance or if it needs to be rejected sooner (like lets say within 5 days of submission).

2- Half of my domains say that I need to opt in for the fast transfer. So I want to know can I do that at the Registrar myself which in my case is Godaddy or do I have to wait for an email from Afternic or Godaddy for doing this. A lot of these domains I have added a long time ago, but at the time I didn't want the fast transfer activated for them so now that I have changed my mind how do I ask for the opt in email to be resend again and where do I go at Godaddy to activate the fast transfer.

•••

I know that you guys have your hands full with the new Lander rollout, but here are couple of questions for you all:

(answer at your first convenience)

1- How does the Review process work at Afternic and why is it that some domains remain under Review for several months, can't you all know if a domain name is suitable for acceptance or if it needs to be rejected sooner (like lets say within 5 days of submission).

2- Half of my domains say that I need to opt in for the fast transfer. So I want to know can I do that at the Registrar myself which in my case is Godaddy or do I have to wait for an email from Afternic or Godaddy for doing this. A lot of these domains I have added a long time ago, but at the time I didn't want the fast transfer activated for them so now that I have changed my mind how do I ask for the opt in email to be resend again and where do I go at Godaddy to activate the fast transfer.
We do know sooner. If the domain is in review status for more than a day something is broken and you should reach out to [email protected].
2. I am pretty sure you have to opt them in by relisting them for sale. But support may have another way.
I do know that if you remove them from Afternic and then list them at GoDaddy in the domain control center (your list of domains in your GoDaddy account) it will do several things for you. It will result in less of your domains going into review status, it will trump any other listings for your domain that may exist on Afternic as we know you own the name, it will automatically opt in for fast transfer when eligible. So for instance if you have a 60 day lock on a domain when the lock expires your name will opt in, no email needed.

So if most of your domains are at GoDaddy I would do it that way using the List for Sale option in the domain control center.

•••

I recently learned, by accident, that what Paul says above is the way to go.

Go into your portfolio and remove the domain...wait a couple of minutes and add the domain back. More often than not, it will go live immediately.

•••
We do know sooner. If the domain is in review status for more than a day something is broken and you should reach out to [email protected].
2. I am pretty sure you have to opt them in by relisting them for sale. But support may have another way.
I do know that if you remove them from Afternic and then list them at GoDaddy in the domain control center (your list of domains in your GoDaddy account) it will do several things for you. It will result in less of your domains going into review status, it will trump any other listings for your domain that may exist on Afternic as we know you own the name, it will automatically opt in for fast transfer when eligible. So for instance if you have a 60 day lock on a domain when the lock expires your name will opt in, no email needed.

So if most of your domains are at GoDaddy I would do it that way using the List for Sale option in the domain control center.

I'll try adding my domains again through Godaddy panel to see if it works.

There is also the issue of getting some stats for the Landers that I had mentioned before. It helps me with being able to sort out my domains better if I could have some idea as to the number of potential buyers that have visited the Landers (actual people not bots).

You guys keep up the good work. I'll be much happier once I start getting some big sales through the new Landers. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
A Tip:

If you get the message that says "Oops something went wrong" while trying to save your work on Afternic that means that you have been automatically logged out.

But don't close that page, just open a new tab and log in to Afternic and then come back to the original page that you were on and save your work.

There is also a similar situation on Godaddy where you might not have full access to all the features in your account until you clear your cashe and log in again.

IMO

•••
A Tip:

If you get the message that says "Oops something went wrong" while trying to save your work on Afternic that means that you have been automatically logged out.

But don't close that page, just open a new tab and log in to Afternic and then come back to the original page that you were on and save your work.

There is also a similar situation on Godaddy where you might not have full access to all the features in your account until you clear your cashe and log in again.

IMO

If anyone else has a helpful and constructive tip about using the new Afternic Landers feel free to post it here.

•••
If anyone else has a helpful and constructive tip about using the new Afternic Landers feel free to post it here.

Carefully check all of your domains if they really show BINs on the ns5/ns6 lander. There may be several reasons why BIN is not showing.

For traditional gTLDs like com/net/org this can be the 60d lock period, or that a domain is in Pending Review status at Afternic. For New gTLDs this may be because a domain is in a higher pricing tier, and only BINs for domains in lower (basic) pricing tiers are shown.

Last edited:
•••
Another Tip:

If you have changed the prices on your Landers recently (especially on the weekends or after hours or done it too many times in a row) make sure that the prices on the Landers match the ones showing at your Afternic account (and also at your Godaddy account if your domains are at Godaddy).

Sometimes the changes don't go into effect immediately and the potential buyers might still see the old prices on the Landers and when searching for domains at Godaddy and the affiliate networks.

It might not be such a good idea to change the prices too often and if you really have to do it for a valuable domain it might be best to delet that domain from the system and resubmit it again with the new price.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
@Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler and the members who are knowledgeable about using the new Landers,

please post a tip here to help everyone with using the new Landers. (and give us new tips as you find more info about the Landers).

IMO

Last edited:
•••

I just had my first sale through the new Landers (Buy now for a low four figures)

Please make sure that this sale goes through smoothly as I need the funds for my renewals and my domain projects.

@Joe Styler ,

Joe my Domain Discount Club membership expires in couple of days and I wanted to know if there is a few days grace period that would still allow me to get the discounted rate that I have been grandfathered for even after the expiration date, if so I would like to wait and use the funds from my domain sale to renew my DDC

By the way I think that the new Landers look great.

IMO

•••
Back