Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
I understand that Afternic is in the process of going through some renovations and as such please indicate what new features and changes you like to see in the system.

Please note: This thread is for people who want to provide positive and constructive ideas to make Afternic a more domainer friendly platform. If you don’t like using them at all then this thread is not for you.

Here are the features that I like to see:

Having more choices and designs for the landing pages with the option to personalize them to a certain degree.

Having a Buy Now button along with Make Offer in addition to the option to contact the Afternic Sales Agents.

A box that can be check marked to indicate that the seller is willing to consider all offers above the min offer so that the potential buyers won’t get scared away by seeing the Buy Now price.

Having up to date and accurate stats that indicate all the pertinent info about the domains and potential buyers.

Having an option to send a copy to the email on the account when a message is sent to the support through the Afternic contact form.

Accelerating the review process so that the domains don’t end up in limbo for several months

Automatically verifying the domains that have expired or no longer belong to the account holder and setting them to inactive status (with an explanation).

IMO

Thread rules:
Everyone is invited to participate as long as things are kept on topic and are on the constructive, professional, and respectful side. If you provide a link to anything make sure that it pertains to the subject of this thread and give a brief description as to what it is about, and if you are just expressing your own personal opinion make sure to put IMO at the end of your comment (In My Opinion).

Please note that giving a "Thank" simply means that I am thanking you for participating in this discussions and for providing your perspective on the subject at hand and not necessarily that I agree with your points of view.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Usually there is a grace period but I dont know for sure on the domain discount club. If it fails billing the first time it usually will attempt to renew it again. It will tell you in the email for the failed billing. BUT on any product that is not a guarantee so it should work as long as we are talking a few days and not a week or two late and I won't guarantee it. To be safe I would try and get it renewed in time.

•••
Usually there is a grace period but I dont know for sure on the domain discount club. If it fails billing the first time it usually will attempt to renew it again. It will tell you in the email for the failed billing. BUT on any product that is not a guarantee so it should work as long as we are talking a few days and not a week or two late and I won't guarantee it. To be safe I would try and get it renewed in time.

Joe, I went ahead and renewed the DDC today since I didn't want to lose the special rate that I was getting.

Do you have any news about the new Afternic Platform and the Landers that you can share with us, like how the new Landers are performing and what new features we can expect to see at Afternic.

Best Regards,

•••
@Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler

I was wondering if by now you all had some stats for what percentage of visitors to the new Landers were using the Buy Now and what percentage of them were calling for more info

I like the new Landers, I am just interested to know if the Buy Now option is being utilized more than the phone numbers.

I was also wondering if it might be better to change where it says:

"Need help? Give us a call."

To:

"Or give us a call to make an offer"

This way there will be an indication on the Landers that offers are also going to be accepted if they want to negotiate for a lower price that is more within their budget.

IMO

•••
@Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler

I might have been whining about a few issues here and there in the past, but it's no secret that I have been a big fan of GoDaddy and Afternic as I have had the majority of my domains with you guys for over 20 years now.

But yesterday I encountered an unfortunate incident at Afternic that caused me to decide to temporarily delete all my sales landers as I noticed that about 200 of my domains had somehow been put in a cloaked status in order for me not to be able to see them in my portfolio at Afternic (this was different than the domains being in Review or Hidden status).

With the fast transfer having been activated automatically for my domains once that I had added them to the premium program through my Godaddy panel it made me worried that some of my domains could be sold and transferred without me knowing about it.

I will add my domains to my Afternic portfolio again once I am reassured and guaranteed by you all that my domains are not going to be manipulated in anyway by anyone in your back-end system and that they are not going to be subjected to any restrictions or latches behind my back since that causes me undue anguish and worries.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Last edited:
•••
I never heard of anything like that. If it is still happening can you send me an example of a domain in this status? You can PM me. Thanks.

•••
I never heard of anything like that. If it is still happening can you send me an example of a domain in this status? You can PM me. Thanks.
Joe thanks for your quick reply,

I have already deleted all my sales landers, but I couldn't delete the one for my domain ImmersiveVerse*com because I got a message that said it was in a cart somewhere at Godaddy.

Although I'll be happy if I got a sale, but I don't want my domain to be left in limbo like this.

As I said I plan to add my domains back to my Afternic portfolio through my Godaddy panel once everything is straightend up.

•••
OK on a name like that on hold for purchase the hold will expire if they do not complete it and then you would be able to remove it.

•••
OK on a name like that on hold for purchase the hold will expire if they do not complete it and then you would be able to remove it.
Joe I sent you a PM about the other 200 domains that weren't showing up as listed.

Nevertheless as I already said I am going to add my domains again, I just want you to keep an eye on this situation to make sure that nothing unusual is going happen with my domains.

Thanks again for looking into this.

•••

@Joe Styler ,

Joe thanks for your help with the rest of my domain listings, but my domain ImmersiveVerse(*)com is still on hold even though it's been 9 days since I brought this to your attention.

As I already have said I don't want any of my domains to be put in limbo like this.

I want my domain ImmersiveVerse(*)com to be taken off of hold today so that I can adjust the price on it and so that it will show that it's for sale since it is currently not showing that it's for sale at Godaddy.

@Paul Nicks,

Paul if Godaddy is doing arbitrage on any of my domains I want it to be known for the record that this is not with my consent and is against my wishes and I want it to stop immediately and so I want my domain ImmersiveVerse(*)com to be released from hold right away.

Thanks for all your help, although I will be happier if you all responded today to address my concerns about my domain ImmersiveVerse(*)com

Last edited:
•••
20% fees for landings venue is too much.

•••

@Joe Styler (and @Paul Nicks)

Joe it has been over 20 days since I first asked you to take my domain name ImmersiveVerse(*)com off of the Hold Status at Godaddy.

In our DM conversation you asked me to email the Service @ Afternic.com and bring my concerns to their attention which I did last week, but haven't received a reply from the Afternic support team yet.

This thing has been dragging on for too long and I am beginning to become very concerned about this matter since the support team at Afternic hasn't even acknowledged my email that I have send them about this matter.

As the person in charge of the Aftermarket at Godaddy I want you to see to it that my domain name ImmersiveVerse(*)com is taken off of the Hold status right away. I also believe that I am owed an explanation as to why this domain name has been put on hold for so long in the first place.

As a long time customer I am giving Godaddy the benefit of the doubt and am assuming that this problem is due to some of the software issues that Godaddy has been having lately, but if no action is taken immediately to fix this issue by your engineers at the back end and if my domain name ImmersiveVerse(*)com is left in limbo any longer than this then I have no choice but to start thinking the worse as far as your staff putting my domain name on Hold Status intentionally and on purpose and that are conspiring with other third parties to steal this valuable domain name from me which in my book amounts to Racketeering.

I am still trying to think positive and am hoping that you can fix this issue and have my domain ImmersiveVerse(*)com taken off of the Hold Status today.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Ojohn

•••
Received a reply from Afternic support today:

["Thank you for contacting Afternic Support! I can confirm that your listing for ImmersiveVerse.com was appearing in an on hold status in your GoDaddy account. Please note that while the status there was indicating otherwise, your listing was actually live and visible on all partner sites in the reseller network. This was simply an issue with the way it had synchronized and was displaying on the dashboard of the listing service in your GoDaddy account. I managed to clear that status there and the listing should now have a Listed for sale status in GoDaddy. Let us know if we can assist you further."]

@Joe Styler (and @Paul Nicks and the Afternic support team) thanks for all your help,

I guess I am back being a big fan again, now lets see some big sales coming my way. :)

Ojohn

Last edited:
•••
Glad to hear it. I was pretty sure they could get it fixed for you. I also didnt see a way after the cancel and relisting you did that it could sell at a lower price which is why I asked you to try that. But I am glad they were able to get the error removed from the account and straighten it out. Thanks for letting me know.

•••
@Paul Nicks
@Joe Styler

In order to get some stats that show the level of interest in my domains I have changed my domains to Parking so that I can test it out for a while:

NS1.Afternic.com
NS2.Afternic.com

Although I would much rather if I could get the stats directly for the Buy Now Landers themselves by using:

NS5.Afternic.com
NS6.Afternic.com

At this time I was wondering if you all could make the link at the top of the Parking Pages to go to the Buy Now Landers instead of where it is going now which is the inquiry pages.

Also it would be nice if you could consider putting a Make Offer option on the Buy Now Landers so that potential buyers don't just leave if they can't afford the Buy Now prices.

You all probably have a good idea as to what works better by now and although you guys are required to maximize Godaddy's interests when designing the Landers and deciding whether to give out the stats or not, but keep in mind that keeping the domainers happy is also in Godaddy's interest in the long run specially the ones who are long time fans and customers. :)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
@Paul Nicks

Congratulations on getting promoted.

Can we get some stats for our Afternic buy now landers now as you promised last year :)

I have just set my domains back to buy now landers:

ns5.afternic.com
ns6.afternic.com

Last edited:
•••
As much as I have been trying to like Afternic, but I am getting a little concerned because I haven't seen any activity on my account as far as receiving any offers or making any sales for almost 4 months now.

I got couple of foney offers which I believe were made by Godaddy employees themselves and now the offer display section in my account is all messed up and doesn't work properly.

It's hard to be a domainer without having consistent sales and I am hoping that Godaddy is not using the leads generated by my domains to redirect buyers to their own Name Find portfolio.

I better get some sales soon or else :)

Last edited:
•••
As much as I have been trying to like Afternic, but I am getting a little concerned because I haven't seen any activity on my account as far as receiving any offers or making any sales for almost 4 months now.

I got couple of foney offers which I believe were made by Godaddy employees themselves and now the offer display section in my account is all messed up and doesn't work properly.

It's hard to be a domainer without having consistent sales and I am hoping that Godaddy is not using the leads generated by my domains to redirect buyers to their own Name Find portfolio.

I better get some sales soon or else :)
Do you also list on Dan or Sedo

If yes, are you getting offers on the others?

•••
Do you also list on Dan or Sedo

If yes, are you getting offers on the others?
I also list on Sedo, but currently I have my name servers set to ns5 and ns6 at Afternic so it shows the Afternic Buy Now sales landers for most of my domains.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Come on Godaddy share the Wealth. :)

•••
I see Godaddy selling so many domains through Afternic for themselves,

Where is my piece of the pie. :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back