IT.COM

Those guys who request domains in the "request domains" section

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raghav Nehra

Established Member
Impact
never reply to any of the messages..has this been te case with you too?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Raghav,

Welcome to Namepros,
I've been on the other end of this and requests really can go upto the 100s. It's hard to reply to all of them, usually you will get a reply if they are interested in your domain. They just skip replying back, if the domains don't meet the criteria, the price is too high or they are not simply looking for that type of domain.

San

•••
If you don’t send exactly what they asked for you won’t get replies. Some people do not actually read the request.

On the other hand, some only reply if interested. I have gotten many thanks but not exactly what I’m looking for. It’s nice to get some kind of feedback or reply but you should not expect it unless it states all will receive replies.

•••
It's basically been covered already, but make sure you read their posted criteria before sending anything. If your domain is a fit send them a PM and move on to the next one. Some people send dozens, or even hundreds of domains in response to these requests so it's only naturally the OPs will only reply to what interests them given the volume of what they're reviewing.

•••
Just write: A reply would be appreciated." Additionally, try to accept their reply: Your name is good, but I have to pass.

•••
There is no excuse for not responding, one could simply say "No Thx". thats it. 5 seconds.

•••
I don't bother to send the pms. I'd be prepred to post a name in the thread, as that would give the name some exposure, but I suspect that the thread starter doesn't bother to read his own thread. I would have thought it was easier to scan through a list of names rather than have to keep opening pms. I assume that the reason he wants pms is because he might get into a competitive buying situation, and that he wants to buy an undervalued name.

•••
There is no excuse for not responding, one could simply say "No Thx". thats it. 5 seconds.

Disagree with you on that.

Yes, it's courteous however it's not a "there's no excuse situation."
Not all people have the time to reply to all 100+ messages (But they might read it).

•••

I've also been on the other end of the bargain, but if i don't get a response in a 48hours time period i forget about it. If someone contacts me later then that's great. Got to stop thinking about every small thing.

•••
It could be the quality too. One mans junk is not neccesarily another mans gold in this business.

•••
If I have a name that's a match I send a pm.
Mostly no reply. Some thank you but not interested. One name sold.

I agree that it's rude not to answer, but probably they get spammed a lot.
It's ok with me if that's the part of the game.

On the other hand I always stick to my asking price and I limit my offer to 24 hours. That's the part of the game too! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Fire and forget.

If they reply, great, if not, no big deal.

•••
The other thing is, there are a few "Fishing expeditions" anyway just trying to see what is out there to attempt to steal from somebody desperate. I don't respond very often to those threads, as the spec's are usually vague- like "I am look for 2 words less than 10 char"- but no idea what words. dumb.

•••
The budget is great but the offer is very little. Two days ago I asked one buyer what is your real budget.He said he has a $700 offer on a domain. Then i sent my domain. He asked "asking price?" . I replied "provide a good offer". He replied $xx offer. I said "thanks. i don't deal with low-ball offers" . He never replied again. It has happened several times (including inbound).

Most of the domain requesters reply like this. Even if their budget is great, the domain is great and relevant they don't want to provide a good offer.

These kind of experiences always strikes me to build website on the domain. But the laziness occupies me.

•••
Not to offend anyone, but most of them Requests for Gold and expect it to be in the price range of Iron.

•••
Not to offend anyone, but most of them Requests for Gold and expect it to be in the price range of Iron.

Basic human nature, no clue why we are wasting our time on this thread (even me), If someone really wants the domain they will pay up for it, if they think otherwise just ignore. If someone requests something and they insult you with their counter offer. Best thing to do is not reply and move on, if it's the right domain, you are better off holding onto it.

•••
There are threads that read almost like this (between the lines)
Will pay up to $50 per name.
Total budget: $20,000 (allegedly)

LOL.

•••

Ha! This is true. They claim they have big budget and offer $10-$20 per domain. I don't even waist time responding. It does make me laugh though.

•••
Someone was recently looking for .io names in a particular market - and I have a good name that matches what they were looking for. The response I got was an offer for $10. Now .io names are $35 and up to register - why would I sell for $10? I made a reasonable counter for a modest profit and was told no way, too much.

•••
The excuse is that the folks requesting domains get dozens of replies, with about 75% (in my experiences) not matching the requirements. If people aren’t going to do the courtesy of making sure their names match the requirement, why would the requestor be expected to do the same?

The request forum might not be beautiful but I have both bought and sold domains through it, just ignore its lack of professionalism and move on. It is for desparate buyers hoping to get a steal of a deal and for desperate sellers who are too lazy to find actual end users

Last edited:
•••
Reply is not mandatory, although if you don't have the intention to reply you'd better write "Assume no interest if I don't reply in 48hrs" in the thread.

•••
@Raghav Nehra - you can make a little experiment if you want. Just post in the Req section, write what kind of names are you looking for and what budget do you have. And then come back here, and tell us how much garbage / spam you got, and if you had the time to reply to all. Not to mention that some messages do not deserve an answer.

•••
•••
The excuse is that the folks requesting domains get dozens of replies, with about 75% (in my experiences) not matching the requirements. If people aren’t going to do the courtesy of making sure their names match the requirement, why would the requestor be expected to do the same?

The request forum might not be beautiful but I have both bought and sold domains through it, just ignore its lack of professionalism and move on. It is for desparate buyers hoping to get a steal of a deal and for desperate sellers who are too lazy to find actual end users

Tell us how you really feel— sounds like you hate np marketplace. So I am going to assume 100 % of your sales are to end users since your not “lazy” like the people on the marketplace— is that right?

Maybe buyers need to pay more for better names to be submitted and yes SOME people don’t read the thread they are submitting names to. Sometimes that is a language barrier sometimes not.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back