Dynadot

auction ThisIsACrappyDomainName.com - Yeah, you know you want it!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I've noticed that sometimes the best names go unsold while the crappy ones bring in the big bucks. I'm not sure the reasoning behind this counterintuitive strategy, so I thought I'd run this little test. Is this a trend? Hmmmmm... :xf.grin: I certainly hope not.

This is a real auction for a real domain name: ThisIsACrappyDomainName.com - Yeah, you know you want it! If the bid goes above $10, I'll throw in ThisIsACrappyDomain.com! That's right! A SHORTER version of the crappiest domain known to man. YOU CAN CORNER THE MARKET on crappy domains!

IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

What will you do with it if you win? I'd suggest building a crappy website. Or list any crappy domain names that you might own on your very own crappy domain portfolio! If this domain doesn't sell, maybe I'll do that. We'll see... but I really hope someone will buy this.

If you agree that people should pay MORE for QUALITY domains, vote by bidding!

If you don't want this domain, fine... but please spread the word about this auction. I'd love to see where it goes! Also, follow me for more auctions in the future. (This is my first of many.)

Registrar - GoDaddy
Renewal Price - Regular rate.
Renewal Date - This is a brand new domain. You'll get a few days short of an entire year.
Payment Options - DAN Escrow (PayPal at my discretion)
Starting Bid - $1
Bidding Increments - $1
End Time - 120 hours after last bid
BIN - $98,888 (subject to change) - Remember, this is a really, really, really crappy name! If you're interested in lowering the BIN (why would you want to?!! This is a STEAL!), feel free to ask and I'll graciously consider it. Can't promise though. (Did I mention that this is a crappy domain name?)

whitecrappie.gif

This is a Crappie fish.

hqdefault.jpg

This is a crappy emoji.

crap_1.jpg

This is some crappy art.

BadHairDayMullet.jpg

This is some crappy hair.

VNuY_cmB_400x400.jpeg

This is a crappy Star Wars character.

Hanging_up_Varese_VSD_302_066_120_2.jpg

This was a crappy movie.

monday-funny-monday-meme.jpg

This is a crappy day.

What do YOU think is crappy? What would YOU do with this crappy domain name? Anyone who bids gets to answer! If you don't bid, please don't answer this question... that'd be crappy.

DON'T FORGET: If the bid goes above $50, I'll throw in ThisIsACrappyDomain.com!

This is a really crappy domain name, so demand will surely be very high... DON'T JOIN THE UNPOPULAR KIDS - BID QUICKLY BEFORE YOU THIS CRAPPY TRAIN LEAVES THE STATION!

the-trainwreck-a-real-train-wreck.jpg

This is a crappy train... ALL ABOARD!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Up. Guys, if you hate this, BID! 5 days later, you'll own a really crappy domain and this post won't surface anymore! BID to save the sanity of everyone at NamePros!

Come on...

BID LIKE THE WIND!!!

•••
SOLD for $13,600!

Just kidding. Bump.

Last edited:
•••
This is a funny post and I congratulate you on the humorous attitude. You made me laugh 😄
I'm having hard time selling decent names 🤣

•••
Thanks @AdamFL for the compliment! :) I'm glad someone finally saw this post. LOL!

I hope you make some decent sales soon.

Yeah, if you want to make sales, now you have to go to SquadHelp and sell stuff like RoqqetShipz.co.ltd.idunno.biz.xyz . Hmmm... maybe I should be submitting this ThisIsACrappyDomainName.com and ThisIsACrappyDomain.com to them. Oh wait... my domain names are spelled properly. Darn.

@Dave what do you think? I bet I'll get 2k for each. :-P

Last edited:
•••
Lol I can't believe you registered these two domains. Next time you have extra 20 bucks to spare let me know 😂

•••
The things I'll do to get a laugh. Like literally. One. Single. Laugh.

P.S. - I also own ThisIsAnAwesomeDomain.com and ThisIsAnAwesomeDomainName.com. The plan was to do a sequel. Now that you've laughed... the world needs an encore, man.

•••
(clicked the phantom like button)

•••
LOL! Very funny post. Even I am also planning to buy MyDomainIsBetterThanYours.com :xf.wink:
What do you suggest? :xf.grin:

•••
@Manage Info haha that'd be awesome! We could start a trend! :xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
•••
If you're cool, BID.

If you're a dork, don't.

Hehe sorry. I'm 10 years old today.

But seriously...

•••
It's over 120 hours, you won the domain, you can either push or transfer it from an account to another account using the auth code.

•••
Woohoo @AdamFL I won my own domain name! I'll push it to myself as long as I'll answer my darn email when I send myself the request. Hopefully, I'll pay myself quickly and then give myself good feedback.

But just in case...

EVERYONE KEEP BIDDING!!! I DON'T TRUST MYSELF TO CLOSE THIS TRANSACTION TO ME!

•••
This is the auction that will not die, people.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back