This is my turn. Update: Found.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elenka

Established Member
Impact
I just awake and got an email from Godaddy that my domain names were sucsesfully transferred . I contacted Godaddy support team and they told me to send an email to [email protected] . Worst morning ever :'(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't see how DMARC would help ... like I said in the ones I'm seeing, there's not actually coming from "GoDaddy.Com" ... They're coming from and linking out to GoDaddy with one of the D's changed to a B. DMARC can't stop that. And unless you look at the actual email address and/or URL -- rather than the "pretty" email name and clickable text link... You'd not notice it.

I'd say that perhaps GoDaddy itself just sends too many emails -- and so that makes them a target for spammers because people just become too accustom to clicking on emailed links from GoDaddy over other registrars where the approach was found to be less productive ?

Ask Paul, I don't even know what DMARC is.
Anyway, his comments was left on this thread
https://www.namepros.com/threads/warning-new-godaddy-phishing-email.895504/
where the actual email showed it was coming from godaddy

•••
Ok, the email is actually coming from "@godaddy.com" then yes, DMARC could stop that. I thought mine did not come from GoDaddy.com. I'm sure to get more, I'll look again next time one comes by. :)

Even still, it's a small thing... the actual "from" address could very well be @godadbdy.com and be just as effective unfortunately.

•••
did she get her domain back?

•••
Guys ,thanks to Joe , I have found my domain . It was not stolen but it was sold and transferred by Afternic :-$. I registered Afternic account about a year ago with my old gmail account which I'm not using and forgot about it . :-/

•••
so, everything was properly done?

you sold the domain and got paid for it?

•••
Guys ,thanks to Joe , I have found my domain . It was not stolen but it was sold and transferred by Afternic :-$. I registered Afternic account about a year ago with my old gmail account which I'm not using and forgot about it . :-/

Oh okay :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Yes , the payment was on Afternic Escrow and just waited for my confirmation .

Just a pity that it was sold so cheap 100$, few weeks ago I got an offer 300$ but decided not to sell. :(

•••
maybe a thread title change and a first post update? ;)

•••
•••
report your first post in the thread and ask the mods to change the title for you.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back