This is my turn. Update: Found.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elenka

Established Member
Impact
I just awake and got an email from Godaddy that my domain names were sucsesfully transferred . I contacted Godaddy support team and they told me to send an email to [email protected] . Worst morning ever :'(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Did you have the 2 factor enabled or disabled?

•••
They hacked my email and got access to my Godaddy account .

•••
Guys, just want to know... In case of password reset, 2FA for godaddy still working right?

Cc. @Joe Styler

•••
One piece of advice I'd give to everyone is never ever ever use the same password as your email for other services, if they get hacked they now have your email password.

Never click on links in emails from people or companies you don't know. A lot of people have suggested Godaddy are to blame here but if they were these incidents would be far more wide spread.

Enable 2 factor authentication on anything and everything you can.

When it comes to internet security, always don a tinfoil hat is my motto and it hasn't failed me yet. Good luck getting your names back.

•••
Show us your email password!

•••
I didn't use the same password for email and Godaddy account ..
Does anyone know how long it could take to get an answer from Godaddy ?
Thanks

•••
You could also call godaddy on their number. That would accelerate it a bit.

•••
•••
Yep , It's like a virus...

•••
What are the domains? So anyone who is reading knows to not buy them.

•••
i take it gmail is not the worst type of email address to use for registrars like gd.. is this correcct?

•••
TYMP.ORG
I didn't thought that anyone would be interested in org domains . Thanks God I sold my LLLL.coms few days ago .
It was actually mail.ru:guilty:

•••
If you use the same email on other accounts check they have not been hacked as well. I see in your signature you have other domains.

•••
•••
Damn, i'm sorry. Just happened to me. It's a disease flying around right now.

•••
Guys, just want to know... In case of password reset, 2FA for godaddy still working right?

Cc. @Joe Styler

for you to do a pw reset with 2FA you would still need access to the 2FA code that is sent.

•••
TYMP.ORG
I didn't thought that anyone would be interested in org domains . Thanks God I sold my LLLL.coms few days ago .
It was actually mail.ru:guilty:

llll.org domains are increasing in value. Btw, you should stay away from mail.ru, apparently they have no security at all and they sell your data to the third-parties. I happened to have an email account there and I started receiving spam in a few days after the registration, though I didn't share that email address with anyone.

I use gmail with 2FA and have no issues

•••
for you to do a pw reset with 2FA you would still need access to the 2FA code that is sent.

Just curious to know if Godaddy's 2step verification service is free to use worldwide?

•••
•••
•••
•••
..... aren't receiving sms free?

that depends on the deal you have with your phone provider. mine are not free.

•••
that depends on the deal you have with your phone provider. mine are not free.

Thanks for clearing it up mate. I got it now. Will set a 2-step verification now as I am seeing more GD hacks this year than ever.

Stay safe and protected y'all. And OP, thanks for mentioning it here on NP, I am sure it has helped other members here to secure their accounts.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back