Unstoppable Domains .crypto

This betting site is using my domain extension in their footer

Located in General Domain Discussion started by maurixius, Nov 14, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. maurixius

maurixius Established Member

Hello my fellow domainers

Recently I noticed that someone has registered BETBIG365.AG but in the footer they have:
    © 2019 BETBIG365DOTCOM, All Rights Reserved.

The DOTCOM I own for many years and is part of my small portfolio. I have reached out to them and asked them to correct it a few weeks ago but it seems like they are ignoring me.

I would appreciate your input and advice how to go about this next. Thank you

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. comati

comati Established Member

how to go about what?

3. maurixius

having them correct their footer to their own domain instead of my DOTCOM.

4. Truespin Domains

Truespin Domains Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Beyond asking them, nothing you can do. I don't really see why it bothers you. It's not like they're actually benefiting from having the wrong address in their footer. If anything, it's driving traffic to your domain.

5. maurixius

if they do any illegal activity on the site and have my domain listed as their footer; wouldn't that confuse their customers and think of my domain as their parent company or linked them to me? I am not sure how SEO works but would it be likely they did this purposely? Also I dont see how it would benefit me if my site is not up and running.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  6. Truespin Domains

Truespin Domains Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

I kinda get it's a bit annoying, but unless you're willing to take legal action there's not much you can do. Also, I suspect legal action might be a dead end, because you have no trademark associated with the domain, nor an active business. It's not illegal to publish URLs, particularly parked ones.

If it bothers you I'd just email them again. Even if they did something illegal, they're not operating off your domain, so it won't get blacklisted or anything.

7. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Member VIP

Post compromising pictures of the owner of the .ag site on the .com site. Email to his wife.

8. Shamiul Alam

Shamiul Alam Established Member

These types of sites are mostly set and forget type.. They don't usually read emails. I think they're somehow connected to this site: viet bet DOT eu

You may try talking to them.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice