IT.COM

discuss Third word as the TLD

NameSilo
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
As an experiment I registered a couple of names based on the phrase "no longer in". These are NoLongerIn.com and NoLonger.in. There isn't much on the sites, just a header bar including a logo, and I haven't done any promotion. The .com is getting around 350 visits a month, and the .in is getting about 5. I think the experiment was worth it, but it's made me feel that I should only acquire .coms for investment. That was my original policy, but I thought that with all the new TLD hype, I should give some of them a try.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well its a ccTLD not gTLD and not really new. Good for Indian traffic. Hacks never get typein traffic?

•••
.in seems to be one of the TLDs being used for general website traffic. .tv and .co are another pair of ccTLDs. I think my point is that I'll give up on anything other than .coms for development. I'll still look for traffic names though.

•••
Sure. But they have nothing to do with the nTLD program and are much older..co being the youngest of the bunch. They also have distinct advantages in local searches that gTLD do not.

So gTLDs they are not. The point about investing in .com I agree with and it seems its made daily here.

•••
I just thought I would indicate the difference with one pair of names. I hoped that other members may have tried the same thing, and would post their experience, so that we could get a better idea of the difference.

•••
But if you want to do that it would be better to use names that are regarded as being on equal footing as other gTLDs.. Which ccTLDs are not, since they receive SERP bonuses for their local territories.

•••
Unfortunately Buy Domains owns EnglishGold.com which is the one I would have liked to compare. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back