Dynadot

Think name.com just swiped one of my domains

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
It was on the 'cusp' of going into redemption but not there yet.. was waiting on the August renewal promo code to come out..

Its no longer in my account under expiring domains.. I think they took notice because I left it in my cart..

Guessing this is why they are so sketchy with grace periods and wont nail down any specific time frame.. i.e. 1-30 days like most registrars... they err on 1-25 but wont even guarantee that.. whois doesn't seem to indicate it has been sold off... def not a primo domain but not junk either.. worth reg fee at least.

Have launched a ticket.. will advise with hopefully good news...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Look around in your account to see if they moved the domain to a different list that you can select to add back to your account to renew if no one has purchased it yet.

•••
Thanks Korganian,

However as I suspected..

[Name.com Support] Ticket #1709xxx - "domain .com"
  • [email protected]
    Toxxxx xxxx
    3 Aug at 6:51 am
    ## In replies all text above this line is added to the ticket ##
    Hi!

We just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that our Customer Service Team has updated your ticket.

How would you rate the support you received?
    Good, I'm satisfied

Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Samantha (Name.com Support)

Aug 2, 2:51 PM MDT

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to Name.com support! It looks like that domain did get removed from your account. Each domain's life cycle varies, and a domain is only exclusive to the current domain owner for approximately 25 days after expiration. After this, we cannot guarantee a domain will stay in the account for renewal.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding that process,
    Regards,
    Samantha

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back