NameSilo

Theft of Perl.com, a 1994 domain

Labeled as warning in Warnings and Alerts, started by Acroplex, Jan 28, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

Once CSR resets the account and give the scammer access, they can do whatever they want.

Do you guys really think some guy in a black hoodie is "hacking" passwords? It's some 3rd world kid from a scammer hive calling banks, registrars, and other institutions all day long (using stolen personal data purchased on the dark web) saying:

"Me Joe Black, me lost phone and forgot password.. please help!"

"Oh yes, I know my address and phone number"

And you know the primary job of any CSR is to help their customers right?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Acroplex

Acroplex Top Member DomainGang.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

3. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

4. DirkS

DirkS DutchPirates.com VIP

Thanks for that Samer. That was an interesting read. I'm sure it was stressful for them but by the looks of it they were able to keep their cool to handle this.

What probably helped was the fact it's such a well known domain. Good read, nice to get a glimpse of what approach to take and what's involved in recovering a domain.

5. DirkS

DirkS DutchPirates.com VIP

Thanks for that Samer. That was an interesting read. I'm sure it was stressful for them but by the looks of it they were able to keep their cool to handle this.

What probably helped was the fact it's such a well known domain. Good read, nice to get a glimpse of what approach to take and what's involved in recovering a domain.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice