Dynadot

news The Use of AI in the Domain Name Industry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Artificial intelligence has important uses in the domain name industry. With the use of AI, domain name registration, management, and valuation have been made more efficient and accurate. Here are some specific ways AI is affecting domain names:

• Domain name suggestion and search optimization: AI-powered domain name generators can suggest relevant and available domain names based on specific keywords, making the search process easier and faster for businesses and individuals. Additionally, AI algorithms can optimize search results based on user behavior and preferences, making it easier for potential customers to find the right domain name for their needs.
  • Domain name valuation: AI algorithms can analyze and evaluate domain names based on various factors such as age, traffic, and backlinks, among others. This information is valuable for domain name investors and businesses looking to acquire domain names that align with their branding strategies.....
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I it is a good sign to use the AI in the domain industry , that will make things very easy for the people ..

•••
I it is a good sign to use the AI in the domain industry , that will make things very easy for the people ..
I don't think it will help the likes of you and me for searches. What it does mean is those with access and the ability to use and harness AI technology will be at the forefront of sweeping up what is there left to be had. They'll also be the first to deploy AI in new technology domain names etc...

There's probably some darn good scripts doing that already. It's just with AI it will be faster, more exact and easier to employ new key words or more importantly concepts to assist creativity. What ever reaches us, in regards to domains will be just the bare-bones of what's already been used.

Sure when it comes to valuations there is going to be more exactness in the pricing model for some. But those domains at the very top-end (and in very short supply) will still sit outside of most understanding or indeed AI models

Last edited:
•••
Everything online has been AI for a long time. Just to have a real person work for you has been rare. The complaints of gigs at SEO micro markets have always been about bots. Ai in name discloses your intension others will offer a human service but provide AI eg: every blog post.

•••
•••
•••
There is a catch to your offer ?? You need to sign up .

Yes, you need to create an account or sign in. There's no cost to do so and you can do as many searches as you want once you're signed in.

We might change that in the future, but every search costs money, so we're trying to get an idea of usage first.

•••
•••
•••
Agreed, but we're using the OpenAI API for the results, so it is AI powered.

Smart move :) I've seen some OAI domain suggestions, not bad at all.

•••
We have also recently launched an AI powered search. It is becoming a bit standard but I think what is interesting from our side is that we then take the AI suggestions and you can get additional suggestions based on the AI suggestions. Potentially very powerful for hand registering.

Search term for below was "wheelchairs for pets" :)

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 23.18.46.png

internet.bs

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back