IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.2%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every day...

Suit claims a school counselor held secret weekly meetings with an elementary student about a gender identity crisis for months without alerting the parents.​

Elementary school means this child was less than 13 years old.

Parents were not told until the daughter tried to commit suicide over "gender identity". This isn't normal. This wouldn't have happened if the school hadn't withheld information from her parents.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/...childs-well-being/EY5EPAL4RFAIPHAJTMWPT722WQ/

@Joe N
Again, that's just someone making a stupid, irresponsible decision. Actually, I think it's probably illegal to give any kind of therapy type treatment to a child without the parent's consent.

These issues you're bringing up are completely different issues than the simple question of whether or not there are non-binary individuals in our world. You believe it's a mental illness, so that's where the discussion ends for me. We live on different planets. No point debating it.

•••
These issues you're bringing up are completely different issues than the simple question of whether or not there are non-binary individuals in our world.
You are talking at cross-purposes here. Nobody is saying that "non-binary" people don't exist. At issue are the drastic and destructive methods being taken to accommodate this relatively small group of people.

I am curious, though. What's your particular interest in this? With all that's going on the world, this seems a relatively trivial matter to focus on.

•••
You are talking at cross-purposes here. Nobody is saying that "non-binary" people don't exist. At issue are the drastic and destructive methods being taken to accommodate this relatively small group of people.

I am curious, though. What's your particular interest in this? With all that's going on the world, this seems a relatively trivial matter to focus on.
Actually that seems to be exactly what @mr-x is saying. He stated quite clearly that there are only two genders.

I just think it makes for an interesting discussion, and it's something that's at least indirectly present in most of our lives, especially if you have kids (which I do). I myself have run the gamut of feelings on the subject, from ignorance to discomfort to acceptance, and hopefully one day a real understanding.

Last edited:
•••
Again, that's just someone making a stupid, irresponsible decision. Actually, I think it's probably illegal to give any kind of therapy type treatment to a child without the parent's consent.
You keep minimizing these things while agreeing they are bad. This happen all the time, it is now policy in every major school district in the USA.

I live in a small town with about 80% conservative support, probably the largest US flag in our state flying in our little town. When a large group of high school children who became "confused" about their gender it was traced back to a few adults encouraging it.

These issues you're bringing up are completely different issues than the simple question of whether or not there are non-binary individuals in our world. You believe it's a mental illness, so that's where the discussion ends for me. We live on different planets. No point debating it.

It is a mental illness. A man with feminine traits is not a woman. A women with masculine preferences is not a man.

Drag queen story hour is being used to indoctrinate young children not old enough to understand what sex or gender is. No surprise, multiple "story" tellers have turned out to have a history of bad behavior with children.

This is not normal or healthy.

1643253489740.png

Last edited:
•••
You are talking at cross-purposes here. Nobody is saying that "non-binary" people don't exist.
I'm saying non-binary sex is a mental illness. People are claiming to be non-binary because it gives them social credit, minority victim status or they are actually confused and could be cured with a dose of reality and counseling.

There are people who think they are trapped in the wrong body but that too is a mental illness by definition. Most people grow out of it after puberty. Others were traumatized as young children and are unable to deal with or discover the truth.

I'm not saying they have no right to act or behave how they want. I'm saying they have no right to force other people to accept them as "real" men or women, or to use made up pro-nouns like ze or zier.

It is destructive, infringes on others right and places weaker members of society at risk. Boy and girl, men and women have had separate private spaces for thousands of years for a reason.

At issue are the drastic and destructive methods being taken to accommodate this relatively small group of people.

Last edited:
•••
You keep minimizing these things while agreeing they are bad. This happen all the time, it is now policy in every major school district in the USA.

I live in a small town with about 80% conservative support, probably the largest US flag in our state flying in our little town. When a large group of high school children who became "confused" about their gender it was traced back to a few adults encouraging it.

It is a mental illness. A man with feminine traits is not a woman. A women with masculine preferences is not a man.

Drag queen story hour is being used to indoctrinate young children not old enough to understand what sex or gender is. No surprise, multiple "story" tellers have turned out to have a history of bad behavior with children.

Show attachment 208755
@mr-x I'm sure you're a nice person, but I just don't find there's any common ground on which to base a discussion here. I understand some of your concerns, but ultimately they look to me like a veil for some very deep-rooted prejudices, and a need to seek out stories to justify them.

•••

Show attachment 208755
Mental illness 1000% , I agree

•••
@mr-x I'm sure you're a nice person, but I just don't find there's any common ground on which to base a discussion here. I understand some of your concerns, but ultimately they look to me like a veil for some very deep-rooted prejudices, and a need to seek out stories to justify them.
Here is the thing, No Prejudices, none at all , do most people see robbing a bank as Bad? Yes, because it is bad.

In the case of Genders, there are only Two, people can be or identity as they wish, but they are born what gender they are born, it is impossible to make that fact go away , you can’t just up and remove a males prostate. You can just up and remove every female organ.

So it’s pretty cut and dry IMO , it’s somewhat hard to even have a conversation on something that is not completely possible to even take place.

•••
Here is the thing, No Prejudices, none at all , do most people see robbing a bank as Bad? Yes, because it is bad.

In the case of Genders, there are only Two, people can be or identity as they wish, but they are born what gender they are born, it is impossible to make that fact go away , you can’t just up and remove a males prostate. You can just up and remove every female organ.

So it’s pretty cut and dry IMO , it’s somewhat hard to even have a conversation on something that is not completely possible to even take place.
What you're talking about is sex, not gender. Dictionary.com definitions are below, but let me know if you need more/other sources. These are universally accepted definitions/differences of the words. They are not the same thing in English.

gender​

noun

either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated by social and cultural roles and behavior.

a similar category of human beings that is outside the male/female binary classification and is based on the individual's personal awareness or identity.

sex​

noun

the male, female, or intersex division of a species, especially as differentiated with reference to the reproductive functions.

a male, female, or intersex label assigned to a person at birth.

Last edited:
•••
What you're talking about is sex, not gender. Dictionary.com definitions are below, but let me know if you need more/other sources. These are universally accepted definitions/differences of the words. They are not the same thing in English.

gender​

noun

either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated by social and cultural roles and behavior.

a similar category of human beings that is outside the male/female binary classification and is based on the individual's personal awareness or identity.

sex​

noun

the male, female, or intersex division of a species, especially as differentiated with reference to the reproductive functions.

a male, female, or intersex label assigned to a person at birth.
Can I identify as a Turtle and put that on my drivers license, passport ?? Have a new birth certificate with “Turtle” as my gender, sex ??

Sea Turtle actually, I am in a Sea Turtle body shell , I was born a Sea Turtle .

In my mind I can be anything, in my body I can not .

To say comparing a Sea Turtle as opposed to male and female or other for that matter is discriminatory in todays world… make sense???

•••
And although the above highlights the universal differences in the definitions of these two terms, it still doesn't provide a cut-and-dry answer to those who believe gender and sex are (or should be) one and the same. There are several fairly common genetic disorders that can cause us to mislabel or misunderstand a person's biological sex at birth.

Great article about that here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelsesser/2020/06/15/the-myth-of-biological-sex/?sh=2162461b76b9

Last edited:
•••
Can I identify as a Turtle and put that on my drivers license, passport ?? Have a new birth certificate with “Turtle” as my gender, sex ??

Sea Turtle actually, I am in a Sea Turtle body shell , I was born a Sea Turtle .

In my mind I can be anything, in my body I can not .

To say comparing a Sea Turtle as opposed to male and female or other for that matter is discriminatory in todays world… make sense???
No, it doesn't make any sense at all. A sea turtle is a different species of animal altogether. It's neither a gender nor a sex.

•••
And although the above highlights the universal differences in the definitions of these two terms, it still doesn't provide a cut-and-dry answer to those who believe gender are sex are (or should be) one and the same. There are several fairly common genetic disorders that can cause us to mislabel or misunderstand a person's biological sex at birth.

Great article about that here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelsesser/2020/06/15/the-myth-of-biological-sex/?sh=2162461b76b9

“Disorders” now you are talking the truth , “Disorders” would be the closest thing to being correct

•••
No, it doesn't make any sense at all. A sea turtle is a different species of animal altogether. It's neither a gender nor a sex.
Correct, a Sea Turtle is a “Species” , the same as the human “Species” which only comes two ways, Male or Female .. 2 species of human beings, 2 seperate anatomies , no more, no less … that is how it was in the beginning, that is how it is today, that is how humanity will end, 2 species

•••
“Disorders” now you are talking the truth , “Disorders” would be the closest thing to being correct
The genetic disorders are in reference to actual measured chromosomal differences. These are existing, classified medical issues. These have nothing to do with gender identity, but they do illustrate that simply labeling people man/woman based solely on their genitals is not really accurate, even in terms of sex.

•••
Correct, a Sea Turtle is a “Species” , the same as the human “Species” which only comes two ways, Male or Female .. 2 species of human beings, 2 seperate anatomies , no more, no less … that is how it was in the beginning, that is how it is today, that is how humanity will end, 2 species
The sexes of the human species are only made different because of a slight difference in chromosomes, whereas there would have to be some much heftier genetic changes made in order to turn a human into a turtle.

There also is no widespread recorded medical evidence of people wanting to identify as a different species than the one they were assigned at birth.

Last edited:
•••
The genetic disorders are in reference to actual measured chromosomal differences. These are existing, classified medical issues. These have nothing to do with gender identity, but they do illustrate that simply labeling people man/woman based solely on their genitals is not really accurate, even in terms of sex.
Chromosomal differences is a disorder of human anatomy within itself, but not only the human species, all species , 6 toes instead of five , 3 nipples instead of 2 , I guess technically one could label a 3 nippled person, a 3 nippled male , female .. most people try and take the third nipple away, because why? The vast majority of the human species is born with only 2 nipples or 5 toes. The majority of the human species are born either male or female , if they are born with hermaphroditism , they do have a disorder .

But even remotely comparing hermaphroditism to people who voluntarily have sex change operations , take hormones to show attributes of the sex they are not, is apples and oranges.

•••
Chromosomal differences is a disorder of human anatomy within itself, but not only the human species, all species , 6 toes instead of five , 3 nipples instead of 2 , I guess technically one could label a 3 nippled person, a 3 nippled male , female .. most people try and take the third nipple away, because why? The vast majority of the human species is born with only 2 nipples or 5 toes. The majority of the human species are born either male or female , if they are born with hermaphroditism , they do have a disorder .

But even remotely comparing hermaphroditism to people who voluntarily have sex change operations , take hormones to show attributes of the sex they are not, is apples and oranges.
I'm not comparing any of them. I'm just trying to illustrate that labeling a person's sex isn't as simple as we might like to think.

If that's true, then you can imagine how labeling a person's gender would be even more difficult without input from the person themselves, especially since gender is not necessarily based on biological factors alone.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back