Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Forget it, I figured it out lol

Last edited:
•••
Lets Go Brandon

1635876515470.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Looking at pictures of all these tired old sons of wealth and privilege, most of these rent-seekers have never had to worry about paying rent themselves or their next Kobe beef dinner. These are the same people who have brought us to where we are now. Can anyone think even for a second that they are going to guide us forward into a better future?

It's pathetic to see these old idea-free farts basking in obscene wealth while the world struggles, pretending they have the answers.

The problem is, their arrogance will result in a backlash - and not the backlash I would like to see. It will be more of a Marxist eat-the-rich and destroy the middle class movement. Maybe time to reread Animal Farm.

•••
•••
I liked Musk's response to this, which was "show me exactly how 6 billion will solve world hunger, and provide a completely public detailed accounting of how the money is spent, and I will give you 6 billion." He knows they will never do this.

•••
Looking at pictures of all these tired old sons of wealth and privilege, most of these rent-seekers have never had to worry about paying rent themselves or their next Kobe beef dinner. These are the same people who have brought us to where we are now. Can anyone think even for a second that they are going to guide us forward into a better future?

It's pathetic to see these old idea-free farts basking in obscene wealth while the world struggles, pretending they have the answers.

The problem is, their arrogance will result in a backlash - and not the backlash I would like to see. It will be more of a Marxist eat-the-rich and destroy the middle class movement. Maybe time to reread Animal Farm.

Zimbabwe Flooding Global Climate Summit with ‘Bloated Entourage’ of 100 People​

https://www.breitbart.com/national-...jlNnLQ8hpl7yfaQ6UtcFU4sCsEiJwiGE3eh9zSH_OYSFA
GettyImages-1064323316-e1635625576904-640x480.jpg

Over 100 people went on holiday and on a shopping spree, while their population live in misery. Zimbabwe went from the breadbasket of Africa to a basket case after confiscating all the white owned farms and throwing all the white farmers out...

Sleepy Joe on the hand went to Glasgow for a good
snoozzzzze...

•••
•••
Republican Glen Youngkin is the new Governor of Virginia. A state Biden won by 10 points ( LOL )

1635913465978.png

LETS GO BRANDON!!

Last edited:
•••
Terry McAuliffe conceded this morning.

1635949864565.png

•••
I wish there was a decent ( neutral ) news broadcast I could listen to that would just tell me the news without the outrage. I have plenty of that, don't need it manufactured for me.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••

You've been listening to Greta too much :ROFL:

•••
•••
Virginia is on its way back to Freedom now

If Youngkin can follow Trump's example of protecting the middle class, getting big things done quickly by working with anyone willing to work, he will be a very popular Gov.

If not, they'll probably see Terry McAuliffe or worse in four years.

•••
You've been listening to Greta too much
I wasn't even aware of her comments until after I posted that. I am sure it's a common observation. But I might have been thinking about people like her when I mentioned the inevitable Reign of Terror type reaction if these wealthy old suits continue in power. Marxism appeals to the base emotions of angry people. And a bunch of fat cats clamping down on our futures while they plan their next million dollar holiday in space makes people angry.

•••
•••
I wasn't even aware of her comments until after I posted that. I am sure it's a common observation. But I might have been thinking about people like her when I mentioned the inevitable Reign of Terror type reaction if these wealthy old suits continue in power. Marxism appeals to the base emotions of angry people. And a bunch of fat cats clamping down on our futures while they plan their next million dollar holiday in space makes people angry.

Nearly half of Americans still don’t think climate change is caused by human activities, but Democrats were far less likely than Republicans to hold those views

While 69.5 percent of respondents believe global warming is happening, they were divided on what’s causing it. Forty-five percent don’t think humans are mostly to blame for global warming, opting instead to blame “natural changes in the environment” or “other,” and 8.3 percent denied global warming is happening altogether.

That’s mostly due to Republicans (55.4 percent) and independents (33 percent) though, who were far more likely than Democrats (17.2 percent) to believe “natural causes” have led to global warming. Young people and educated folks too were significantly more likely to believe humans are to blame for climate change.

A significant group of people also believe scientists don’t see eye to eye. Many respondents (30.5 percent) think there’s a raging scientific debate over the cause of climate change when there really isn’t. Globally, there is consensus among scientists—97 percent or more—that global warming is happening because of human activities, according to NASA and international science societies.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

The poll suggests most people think oil and gas companies are to blame for climate change, as opposed to the government, the meat industry, retail, and individuals. But Democrats (83.4 percent) were far more likely than Republicans (27.8 percent) to place most of the blame on the oil industry, as were Black and Latinx folks over white people and other races.

https://www.greenqueen.com.hk/vice-guardian-climate-change-poll/

Last edited:
•••
Nearly half of Americans still don’t think climate change is caused by human activities, but Democrats were far less likely than Republicans to hold those views

While 69.5 percent of respondents believe global warming is happening, they were divided on what’s causing it. Forty-five percent don’t think humans are mostly to blame for global warming, opting instead to blame “natural changes in the environment” or “other,” and 8.3 percent denied global warming is happening altogether.

That’s mostly due to Republicans (55.4 percent) and independents (33 percent) though, who were far more likely than Democrats (17.2 percent) to believe “natural causes” have led to global warming. Young people and educated folks too were significantly more likely to believe humans are to blame for climate change.

A significant group of people also believe scientists don’t see eye to eye. Many respondents (30.5 percent) think there’s a raging scientific debate over the cause of climate change when there really isn’t. Globally, there is consensus among scientists—97 percent or more—that global warming is happening because of human activities, according to NASA and international science societies.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

The poll suggests most people think oil and gas companies are to blame for climate change, as opposed to the government, the meat industry, retail, and individuals. But Democrats (83.4 percent) were far more likely than Republicans (27.8 percent) to place most of the blame on the oil industry, as were Black and Latinx folks over white people and other races.

https://www.greenqueen.com.hk/vice-guardian-climate-change-poll/
Don't know what this has to do with my comment. Maybe you should try convincing our elites of this. They talk the talk, but fly private jets, drive in fleets of cars, and generally create a bigger carbon footprint in a day than the little people do in 10 years. Yet, according to them, it's the little people who need to sacrifice what little they have left.

A reasonable person would look at this and assume that the elite don't believe what they are saying, and can't even be bothered to pretend to. A reasonable person watches actions, not words.

If you insist on making it political, I would like to compare the relative carbon footprints of Democrats and Republicans. That tells you more than what they say on a survey. Anyone can answer a survey anyway they like.

•••
Don't know what this has to do with my comment. Maybe you should try convincing our elites of this. They talk the talk, but fly private jets, drive in fleets of cars, and generally create a bigger carbon footprint in a day than the little people do in 10 years. Yet, according to them, it's the little people who need to sacrifice what little they have left.

A reasonable person would look at this and assume that the elite don't believe what they are saying, and can't even be bothered to pretend to. A reasonable person watches actions, not words.

If you insist on making it political, I would like to compare the relative carbon footprints of Democrats and Republicans. That tells you more than what they say on a survey. Anyone can answer a survey anyway they like.

The current topic is environment, and this is a political thread. Though quoted, it's not a direct reference to your post though IIRC you've come to the same conclusion as Greta. As for Liberal vs Republican carbon footprint, I would tend to think that if you agree with the science behind Climate Change, you're more apt to do something about it (or have a social conscience). That said, nobody is gonna do a damn thing until they feel it in their wallet. Spending habits must change...where there is a demand there will be a supply.

https://www.stand.earth/blog/market...-emissions-on-pathway-meeting-paris-agreement

Last edited:
•••
As for Liberal vs Republican carbon footprint, I would tend to think that if you agree with the science behind Climate Change, you're more apt to do something about it (or have a social conscience).

And yet, the evidence suggests otherwise. According to Oxfam, the wealthiest 1% have a carbon footprint double that of the poorest 51% (3 billion people). Lots of the rich say they "agree with the science" (whatever that means), bit their actions reveal they really don't.

And if the biggest proponents are obviously lying, why should the working class pretend to go along? Especially when all the proposed solutions involve huge sacrifices for the working class and their families?
That said, nobody is gonna do a damn thing until they feel it in their wallet.

So, I suppose out of a sense of guilt, they project their failings onto the poor and working class, who must naturally pay with the money they can't afford. Ordered to do so by the one percent.

This is really quite similar to the vax debate. If the science is on your side, why are questions not allowed? That's not how science works. If the science is right, lay out the case and act in a manner that shows you believe in it yourself. When I see the wealthy fly commercial, sell their excess homes, cut unnecessary trips, and turn their heat down so low that they need a sweater in their one remaining home, then maybe they might earn a bit of credibility. Until then, we all know it a big fat dog and pony show.

•••
I suppose out of a sense of guilt, they project their failings onto the poor and working class, who must naturally pay with the money they can't afford. Ordered to do so by the one percent.

Scholars of sustainable consumption have shown that consumers often have little control over environmentally damaging decisions along supply chains, however they often do have control over making a consumption decision in the first place. Whilst in Keynesian-type economics consumer demand drives production, Marxian political economics as well as environmental sociology views the economy as supply dominated.

Since income is strongly linked with consumption, and consumption is in turn linked with impact , we can expect existing income inequalities to translate into equally significant impact inequalities. These values mean that the world’s top 10% of income earners are responsible for between 25 and 43% of environmental impact. In contrast, the world’s bottom 10% income earners exert only around 3–5% of environmental impact.

These findings mean that environmental impact is to a large extent caused and driven by the world’s rich citizens.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-16941-y

•••
The earrings, the beard, the arrogant self-righteousness, the slightly feminine countenance... a young Lenin would fit in perfectly with the Woke today.
Lenin 07-03-22.jpg

•••
The prosecution in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial seems to be helping Kyle rather than prosecuting him.

Special Prosecuter Durham filed his first charge against one of the authors of the Steele Dossier.

•••
"America, the largest reservation in the world." - Russel Means

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back