NameSilo

The USA Political Thread

Located in The Break Room, started by lennco, Jul 20, 2012

Replies:
Views:

?

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

1. Both Parties

234 votes
    44.6%
  2. Neither Party

49 votes
    9.3%
  3. Democrats

110 votes
    21.0%
  4. Republicans

132 votes
    25.1%
Total: 525 vote(s)
  1. rh2000

rh2000 Top Contributor VIP

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TestCase

TestCase Note: Doesn't play well with others. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

OUCH! Starting off with insults are we?!?!? That's taking the high road!

Those are some damn big shoes to fill! Props to JB Lions, I could never begin to fill them. I do not have the depth of knowledge nor do I possess the patience of Job that he seems to have.

Hmmmm... So it's a string of emojis that gets your knickers in a bundle and not the endless inane memes that your mates paste in to this thread. Got it! I'll be sure to go back and reread the NP rules governing the limits on emoji use.

As a matter of fact, sometimes I do! Under the right circumstances, and with copious amounts of alcohol being served, I can be a pretty funny guy. (Truth be told, my brother is a riot ALL the time with or w/o alcohol being served. I'm a bit jealous of his comedic abilities...)

Well, I do feel I occasionally contribute and I don't hate anyone, at least not here.

But, if you were to take a serious look in the mirror, you might notice that YOU seem to be the one with a lot of pent up anger and hostility. If you aren't happy with your life, I feel for you. I'm sure you can find a professional with whom you can discuss your issues. They even have apps for this kind of thing now.

Also, maybe go outside and take a long walk. Or try meditation, I hear it does wonders for people.

OK, OK, you're soooo right. Everyone knows that apart from the UN, Namepros' Political thread is the favored alternative venue (Suck it TED Talks! You too G8 G7 Summit!) for discussing and resolving the world's important issues.

Can you believe it? Someone once tried to tell me that in reality, this thread is nothing more than a bunch of blokes - and ladies - shouting at each other and bickering across the fence. I'd be gutted if that were true!

By the way, I forgot to bookmark any of the posts where various pressing issues of the day were resolved here on NP. Would you please point me in the direction of a few of them to get me jump started???

Hated the movie, but the lady of the house insisted on watching it, so...

My sincere apologies if my priorities do not align with your priorities.

Now, if I may, aside from being an expat of one country living in a different country and spending your days slamming away furiously on your keyboard in anger at the citizens of a third country, exactly what dramatic actions have you taken that have improved the lot of others?

Wow! So you have all the answers do you? Please come over here (legally of course), get your citizenship and straighten us out. Though you couldn't be President, you could at least run for Congress and start moving and shaking things in the right direction. I'm sure your name would go down in the history books and we'd build at least one monument to you for "making America great again".

So are you're saying that you pay no taxes where you are so you aren't losing out? Or is your contention that every one of your tax yen (You're in Japan, correct? Or do you pay taxes to your motherland? Or both? Never been an expat so never thought about how that might work...) is wisely/perfectly spent and there is no graft or waste.

So we're back to emojis once again are we??? They really seem to be a trigger for you. (We're you scared by one as a child?)

Well, I'm sorry to tell you I never claimed it was clever. Most people would have understood my post, and the use of ALLLLLL the emojis within it, to be an acknowledgement to bmugford that I was VERY amused by the image he posted. If you tried to read more in to it than that, then that is on you.

May I suggest (once again) that you seek out someone to talk through whatever it is you are going through.

Huh! So you're not trying to taunt me with YOUR post? And I already addressed YOUR "hate" issue a few lines back. As far as engaging, I just took the time to engage with you here!

3. Domainace

Domainace Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

4. mr-x

mr-x Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Biden didin do nutin.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  5. mr-x

Unpossible!!!

upload_2021-9-25_18-47-37.png

I'm going to enjoy this.

6. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

“Two Michaels” and Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou return home

Detained Canadians Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor returned to Canada Saturday at around the same time Chinese executive Meng Wanzhou landed in Shenzhen, China.

Canada worked tirelessly behind the scenes to negotiate and bargain with the U.S. and Chinese to secure the Michaels’ release, which is what led to today’s outcome.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...y-seems-to-have-worked-for-china-for-now.html

7. sonatime

sonatime Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

8. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

9. mr-x

10. mr-x

11. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

Trump claims his conduct was protected by the First Amendment; accusations of selective or retaliatory prosecution; and an insistence that his conduct was innocent because he truly believed his own claims of widespread election fraud (p. 104). Some defense?! O_o

12. mr-x

The media wants people like Brad to focus on the count, not the corruption. People like Brad are happy to go along.

It's not over.

This will be Hunter's laptop, Justice Kavanaugh slander, Justice Berett smear, etc., etc, all over again.

As Breitbart News reported, a draft of the executive summary, dated September 23, was leaked early Friday morning, and establishment media outlets focused on the statement in that leaked draft that, “there were no substantial differences between the hand count of the ballots provided and the official canvass results for the County.”

The results of the audit, however, actually raise more doubts about the legitimacy of more than 49,000 votes included in the final counts of both the forensic audit and the Maricopa County Official Canvass results, a number that is more than four times greater than Biden’s 10,457 vote certified margin of victory.

Of these more than 2 million votes counted, the report stated the results of the audit found that there were questions about 49,718 of these votes that had a critical, high, or medium “potential impact the finding may have had on the election.”

Judiciary Chairman Petersen identified eight key points at the close of the hearing:
    • The county’s obstructionism must be addressed. Their willingness to spend resources to block this audit;
    • The numbers don’t reconcile. We should be able to pull up these election results and be able to come up with a reconciliation so everything balance;
    • It appears they broke the law with duplicate ballots;
    • Churning of logs. we need to find out why that happened. Who did it;
    • Chain of custody;
    • Failure to preserve data files;
    • Cybersecurity weaknesses; and,
    • The envelopes with blank signatures. We have a lot of questions there that need to be answered.
    “I look forward to working with the Attorney General,” Petersen concluded.

Fann also highlighted the follow up by the Attorney General.

“I have already transmitted a letter to our AG’s office with those reports. We are asking him to open up a formal investigation … perhaps get some of the missing things we were unable to get. I have every confidence he will be doing that,” Fann concluded.

13. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

If you believe in something strong enough, even if it is a lie, does it become the truth? That is the question.

Any president, protected by presidential immunity and the First Ammendment (in the case above) who believes his own fabrications and weaponizes the media, is a very dangerous thing IMO.

14. Namersen

Namersen Top Contributor VIP

In a new low, all in the misguided pursuit of woke points

Now the Lancet CANCELS women: Fury as leading medical journal runs 'dehumanising' and 'sexist' front-page [Daily Mail]

15. Namersen

Namersen Top Contributor VIP

With a woke hiring manager, educated in gender studies and with pronouns (they/them) listed on LinkedIn, it now has a ban on hiring white males.

DuckDuckGo said no. But when I reapplied as a black lesbian who can’t speak English, they wanted me.
    Earlier, in 2019 DDG's far-left political donations and abuse of user data had users fuming
    A series of red flags, updated for 2021

16. .X.

.X. In God I Trust VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

17. Domainace

For a look into who we are dealing with...

18. Domainace

If you believe that, then why do you remain silent on the current president who does exactly this?

19. mr-x

I don't know what Trump said. I haven't read the transcript. I do know this, liberals lie, spin, bend over backwards to make the smallest thing out to be something catastrophic while ignoring actual horrible events and HUGE lies.

To be blunt, I don't care. Joe Biden is the President and he's doing a horrific job while lying through his teeth about it.

Took less than 5 minutes to find.

upload_2021-9-26_15-43-42.png

upload_2021-9-26_15-45-46.png

upload_2021-9-26_15-47-5.png

20. mr-x

A big FU to American citizens.

upload_2021-9-26_15-41-58.png

21. mr-x

@Cannuck Trump got 12 mentions in Politico's top stories. You people need to move on.

https://www.politico.com/story

upload_2021-9-26_15-53-12.png

But Trump!!!

upload_2021-9-26_15-53-38.png

22. Domainace

It's such an obvious diversionary tactic at this point I am surprised people are gullible enough to swallow it. Just goes to show how dangerously effective modern-day propaganda coupled with social media is.

Unless we actively and constantly guard against it, propaganda will shape our world view. It's not stupidity for most people. Most people are busy with their lives and don't spend all that much time keeping up with politics. Naturally their political opinions will be mostly shaped by propaganda.

Not that keeping up with politics is a cure-all either. More often than not, people just obsessively dig deeper into reinforcing whatever worldview they have. I don't see much difference between China and the US in that regard. There are people in both countries who resist, but they are under siege and mostly stay out of the line of fire.

23. mr-x

How many times are they going to swallow the lie.

24. .X.

.X. In God I Trust VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

25. GILSAN

GILSAN Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Lying bastards... I never used them as I had a feeling that they were no different to the others...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice