NameSilo

The USA Political Thread

Located in The Break Room, started by lennco, Jul 20, 2012

Replies:
Views:

?

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

1. Both Parties

230 votes
    45.1%
  2. Neither Party

48 votes
    9.4%
  3. Democrats

103 votes
    20.2%
  4. Republicans

129 votes
    25.3%
Total: 510 vote(s)
  1. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

No mind reading required...

When can you call a lie a lie? And, more to the point, when can you call a liar a liar? These are not abstract questions. From the day Donald Trump announced his candidacy in 2015 with a semi-extemporized, 46-minute speech that included numerous documentable falsehoods, journalists and news organizations throughout America and around the world have struggled to find the right language to describe his language.

Are words like “falsehood” and “untruth” adequate terms for a responsible journalist to use? Or should the word “lie”—which suggests intention, rather than accident or ignorance—be used instead?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-is-a-liar-we-can-prove-it

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Namersen

Namersen Top Contributor VIP

Tell your handlers you need a better script.

No, Trump Hasn't Made 20,000 'False or Misleading' Claims [RealClear Politics]

3. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

I'm not the president. :xf.wink: You called me out on one "satirical" post (good on you for fact-checking BTW) and even if it's not 20K lies, is it okay to simply let the rest slip through and ignore the truth?

4. Namersen

Namersen Top Contributor VIP

We can go back and forth like this forever, and I'm trying to keep my footprint small in the sewer zone.

------------
    Back to current events, here is a

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

05/15/21

The entire Database of Maricopa County in Arizona has been DELETED! This is illegal and the Arizona State Senate, who is leading the Forensic Audit, is up in arms. Additionally, seals were broken on the boxes that hold the votes, ballots are missing, and worse. Mark Brnovich, the Attorney General of Arizona, will now be forced to look into this unbelievable Election crime. Many Radical Left Democrats and weak Republicans are very worried about the fact that this has been exposed. The DELETION of an entire Database and critical Election files of Maricopa County is unprecedented. Many other States to follow. The Mainstream Media and Radical Left Democrats want to stay as far away as possible from the Presidential Election Fraud, which should be one of the biggest stories of our time. Fox News is afraid to cover it—there is rarely a mention. Likewise, Newsmax has been virtually silent on this subject because they are intimidated by threats of lawsuits. One America News (OAN), one of the fastest growing networks on television, and the “hottest”, is doing a magnificent job of exposing the massive fraud that took place. The story is only getting bigger and at some point it will be impossible for the weak and/or corrupt media not to cover. Thank you to OAN and other brave American Patriots. It is all happening quickly!

5. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

Agreed, not the most conducive zone for constructive criticism... just a taste of what the Native Americans must have felt when losing their land and freedom. :oops:

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  6. rh2000

rh2000 Top Contributor VIP

If nothing else, he knows how to make me laugh.

7. sonatime

sonatime Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

upload_2021-5-15_19-5-55.gif

upload_2021-5-15_19-11-55.gif

8. sonatime

Just like with election fraud and Covid psyop, more people should realize that not only do most politicians and bureaucrats lie, there is a strong tendency for technocrats to engage in hyperbole to increase their power and control. And as destructive psyops are unraveling, the public must be prepared for shill operatives and provocateurs trying to discredit legitimate pushback. Dems and WE Forum psychopaths will not go down without a fight.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  9. sonatime

10. Domainace

Domainace Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

When the left say follow the science, they are talking about a religion that brokers no dissent they call science - not science itself. I don't want to search for the link, but a recent study showed that anti-maskers were considerably more familiar with the relevant science (actual science, not the religion called science) than pro-maskers were. Not surprising to some of us, of course. Dissenters are forced daily to support their position against hostile mobs, so no wonder they put considerable thought into it. Those who follow herd never have to defend their position, and therefore never have to think about it or do any research.

11. Domainace

Domainace Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Interesting you bring this up, as I do wear a mask outside for the same reason. But Japan has strong social bonds. The US, especially the left, has spent the last half century working to destroy all social bonds - apparently hoping to replace those tested bonds with their new utopian ideals. They have succeeded to the point that it is now forbidden to say up is up and down is down.

More specific to your post, people often do walk around naked these days in the US in left strongholds like San Francisco. So I don't see where anyone leaning left can start citing social consideration or social mores without giggling.

12. sonatime

MIT researchers brought attention to what a lot of us understood already but deeper impartial validation is useful to have and takes away all the usual MSM fake narrative talking points. I haven't seen any of the usual suspects address it in the thread.

Orwell's dystopia becoming more of a reality everyday
    upload_2021-5-15_19-54-24.png

13. mr-x

mr-x Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You're so wrong it terrible. Being meek does not mean giving up your rights.

Meek: humbly patient or quiet in nature, as under provocation from others.

14. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

It's a shame when political attitudes replace common sense, regardless of health and safety guidelines.

The left must be different in US than Canada, which would holds true of the right. In that case, there's no point in arguing. I thought public nudity was banned in San Fran? If I wanted to go buck, I'd head to a nude beach.

15. mr-x

mr-x Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Saint Fouci.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) coronavirus guidance for summer camps currently recommends that even while outdoors masks be worn by everyone over age 2 regardless of vaccination status and that campers maintain three feet of distance, which Dr. Anthony Fauci on Wednesday acknowledged "looks a bit strict."

You sound ignorant.

16. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

Nobody said anything about surrendering any rights. Humbly quiet is more like it, quite the antithesis of 45

By the same token, IIRC, he recommended masks to be worn outdoors in crowds. He's not my guru.

It's not worth my breath to retaliate...go back to school.

17. GILSAN

GILSAN Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

18. sonatime

19. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

"He's always been bold but never rude."

"Please take to heart the lesson of what happens when you vote on the basis of rhetoric and symbolism instead of using your mind." - Thomas Sowell

20. sonatime

21. johnn

johnn WeSellName.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

What CDC stand for?

China & Democrat Company

22. sonatime

No end to the nonsense

23. sonatime

Punished by his own Government for refusing to bend the knee to one of the most evil and destructive movements in American history.

24. sonatime

coffee and nonsense news, just a regular morning these days

upload_2021-5-16_8-31-8.png

upload_2021-5-16_8-31-51.png

upload_2021-5-16_8-32-40.png

upload_2021-5-16_8-33-51.png

25. sonatime

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice