IT.COM

The .RSVP discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kate

Domainosaurus RexTop Member
Impact
Hello,

Such exciting times. The Internet is on fire right now.

Unfortunately I was too late to grab some good .app domains. I missed the boat. But if you are like me, and missed on this great opportunity despair not.
Fortunately our benefactor Google has great plans for us. Enter .rsvp, the TLD of the future.
I have to admit I was confused as to the meaning of RSVP. After some googling, I found that it means 'Répondez s'il vous plaît', which is the abbreviation of a French sentence. Courtesy of 101domain:
'Please respond,' the original French phrase asks those invited to an activity or event. Now the initials alone do the asking. And they can, in a .rsvp top-level domain name, tell the world you’re a party planner or similarly engaged in the entertainment industry.
Now it makes a lot of sense. Because nearly every website exists to promote products or services, or at least elicit some response from visitors, .rsvp is a creative way to engage with consumers and show how much you value their their feedback.

I am firmly convinced that .RSVP could be the next big thing after .app. If you are French or offer content geared to a French audience you need .rsvp period.
There is not one single company on the Internet that is more influential than Google today.
Anybody who is doubting Google's might and resolve needs to find another hobby. Sorry for you, dinosaurs, blind investors and dotcommies, the future is here and it is not waiting for laggards :-D
Full steam ahead. Beam me up Scotty B-)

My plan is to invest 5 figures in .rsvp and HODL.
:$::$::$::$::$:

PS: did I mention that RSVP also means Retire Soon by Virtue of Profits ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't remember the last time I got a wedding invitation without .RSVP. Everybody uses it.

I know right.
this is the next big thing! How many times do I need to write this.

•••
•••
Moments before I recalled,to my mind .vip frenzy. I have around a year to listen about it.

.resv Reserve VIP lol

•••
Lmao, really ...sarcasm from gTLD sceptic, which is kind of refreshing!

Kate...you have probably noticed that whole Namepros and domaining blogs are all about .APP.
150k+ registrations in first days of general availability. People are spending huge money towards new gTLDs. No one in 2018 really intensively discuss short .ccTLD domain names or "myatlantatopplumberservices.com" type of domains anymore. Those domains still retain value, but alll what was relevant to discuss about them was already discussed 1000 times in past years, nothing new can come.

So I guess in order to stay relevant, one needs to move towards new gTLD area, which you just tried by way of sarcasm. Little clumsy in my opinion, but nothing against that, it might be a first step for you to appreciate that we are in 2018!

It reminds me of some insecure teenagers - in many cases when a guy likes a girl, instead of saying "I like you, lets hang out" he starts to tease her, or make some sarcastic remarks in order to get some attention. Maybe is this the way how you are trying to approach new gTLDs after long initial scepticism? No need to do it, just move directly to gTLD fan camp (and bring also @JB Lions with you) - you guys are welcome here :xf.love::xf.love:

You just got triggered by a joke thread, talk about being insecure. You can put a public face on it but you know it's not true. You try to make some case on new gtlds saying everybody is talking about .app. Yes, of course, it just came out. Everybody talks about a new one when it comes out. It'll be yet another dud as far as a domain investment. One of the guys that started the new gtld forum you frequent is dropping out, going to crypto. Overall numbers still going down. You're buying when you should be dumping.

Then I see posts like this from time to time:

Seems like the .xyz aftermarket is more or less dead now?! I have sold about 25 .xyz, but not any the last 6 months.

Did anyone here sell anything for +$xxx lately?

It's not going to go up from year, it's following the normal cycle. Hype and hope at the beginning, a leveling out, then a drop.

Plus again .rsvp > all other new gtlds at least until the one I'm waiting for ever comes out, .boo.

Last edited:
•••
Kate...you have probably noticed that whole Namepros and domaining blogs are all about .APP.
150k+ registrations in first days of general availability. People are spending huge money towards new gTLDs.
Lolwarrior you know I love hitting the G' spot as much as you, but an example of people spending huge amounts of money on a new release is not indictive of much more than frenzied fomo. There are shopping addicts, and there are smart buyers.
Look at top, xyz..and these were offered at extreme discounts, so many bought into them. What worse about .app is it is not discounted, and people were sucked in even pre-GA. Theres will be hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars thrown away. The first year will be the most profitable for the registry.

I don't think anyone is trying to squash creativeness, just really have to consider a sensible approach to this. All those $'s add up.

btw, is there an RSVP app?

•••
Hello,

Unfortunately I was too late to grab some good .app domains. I missed the boat. But if you are like me, and missed on this great opportunity despair not.
Fortunately our benefactor Google has great plans for us. Enter .rsvp, the TLD of the future.
I have to admit I was confused as to the meaning of RSVP. After some googling, I found that it means 'Répondez s'il vous plaît', which is the abbreviation of a French sentence. Courtesy of 101domain:

Now it makes a lot of sense. Because nearly every website exists to promote products or services, or at least elicit some response from visitors, .rsvp is a creative way to engage with consumers and show how much you value their their feedback.

I am firmly convinced that .RSVP could be the next big thing after .app. If you are French or offer content geared to a French audience you need .rsvp period.
There is not one single company on the Internet that is more influential than Google today.
Anybody who is doubting Google's might and resolve needs to find another hobby. Sorry for you, dinosaurs, blind investors and dotcommies, the future is here and it is not waiting for laggards :-D

Kate, was your NP account hacked by .toooooop maniac or someone else?

•••
RSVP? no thanks.

Except of course defensively taking kumquat.rsvp

•••
You just got triggered by a joke thread, talk about being insecure. You can put a public face on it but you know it's not true. You try to make some case on new gtlds saying everybody is talking about .app. Yes, of course, it just came out. Everybody talks about a new one when it comes out. It'll be yet another dud as far as a domain investment. One of the guys that started the new gtld forum you frequent is dropping out, going to crypto. Overall numbers still going down. You're buying when you should be dumping.

Then I see posts like this from time to time:

It's not going to go up from year, it's following the normal cycle. Hype and hope at the beginning, a leveling out, then a drop.

Plus again .rsvp > all other new gtlds at least until the one I'm waiting for ever comes out, .boo.
OK, so I take this JB as you are not YET ready to join gTLD camp .. but the hope never dies :xf.love:

•••
Lolwarrior you know I love hitting the G' spot as much as you, but an example of people spending huge amounts of money on a new release is not indictive of much more than frenzied fomo. There are shopping addicts, and there are smart buyers.
Look at top, xyz..and these were offered at extreme discounts, so many bought into them. What worse about .app is it is not discounted, and people were sucked in even pre-GA. Theres will be hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars thrown away. The first year will be the most profitable for the registry.

I don't think anyone is trying to squash creativeness, just really have to consider a sensible approach to this. All those $'s add up.

btw, is there an RSVP app?
Well, I will tell this: in my life, I have learned that many people are much more clever then me. If they like to spend their money on certain extensions, they are free to do so. I suspect many of them are really planning to develop their .apps. And those who made silly registrations just for resell purposes (by silly I mean keywords which does not go with .app well, threads at Namepros are full of such examples) they will probably drop their acquisitions in year of 2 years time, the similar way as in other TLDs. There is no need for us, domainers, to "save" anyone's money, as this would presume w are more clever then those buyers, and that is probably not true in many cases. And it is ok that first year is profitable for registry - registry invested money in this gTLD and registry is not charity => it is ok to make profit. We are all adults here, no? :)

Disclaimer: I personally own zero .app, but I love the extension and I keep my fingers crossed for its success!

•••
193K today. I have the zone file in front of me.

I know, but it's not a new trend at all. Spending money is the easy part. My personal benchmark is not based on spending but on revenue.

That's it exactly, and you've framed it quite well. There are two sorts of domain names, those that you sell quietly and those that you talk about endlessly.

That's why I am looking to the future and lining up for the highly-anticipated .rsvp. It's backed by Google, that's all I need to know in order to invest. Seriously, some people are narrow-minded, how dare they think they are smarter than Google ? Show some humility people (n)
"193K today. I have the zone file in front of me."
Lmao ..this is a good one Kate :)

•••
Hello,

Good joke

•••
"193K today. I have the zone file in front of me."
Lmao ..this is a good one Kate :)
It is true. So I can see what people have been buying.

•••
The 1st and 2nd year drops on .app are going to be brutal, besides:

"The difference is 76.84%. So that means that three quarters of all registered .app domains are not registered in their .com 'equivalents', if only for defensive registration purposes."

https://www.namepros.com/threads/app-com-cross-zone-analysis.1081264/#post-6717025

It's insanity. Of course I expect .rsvp and .boo to have near 100% renewal.

•••
When I read Positive Comments about New gTLDs
I'm TRIGGERED

:xf.wink:

•••
When I read Positive Comments about New gTLDs
I'm TRIGGERED

:xf.wink:

reg'd
upcycledd.art

I did check and I'll repeat this once again
"You should stop spreading negativity about new gTLDs, because the success of them definitely can't be measured by your portfolio"

Did you get triggered about my post about people being insane registering new gtlds available in .com for reg fee? I notice you tend to do that a lot. The only thing you can do at this point, is learn from your mistakes and don't do it anymore. I mean, upcycledd. art?

This is straight nuts:
"The difference is 76.84%. So that means that three quarters of all registered .app domains are not registered in their .com 'equivalents', if only for defensive registration purposes."

•••
be7324f3c9cdab96349343c64d205a28.png

Just renewed it for another year last week

•••
Upcycled art.. that's an anemic vertical if ever there was one. Buy hey, you only have to find one buyer!

•••
•••
Upcycled art.. that's an anemic vertical if ever there was one. Buy hey, you only have to find one buyer!

"PayMiner.com / BadgeBot.com / Lasik.pro - DM for wholesale price"
But Hey, I guess you only have to find one buyer...

•••
"PayMiner.com / BadgeBot.com / Lasik.pro - DM for wholesale price"
But Hey, I guess you only have to find one buyer...

Couple of Q's for you;
How many people do you think need Lasik surgery?
How much does "Lasik surgery" pay per click compared to say, up upcycling or Kites?

I search for "name badge" I get 1.8 million results, the top half of the page are ads. I search for "upcycled art", I get pictures of nude women made out of wire, no ads.

Last edited:
•••
Couple of Q's for you;
How many people do you think need Lasik surgery?
How much does "Lasik surgery" pay per click compared to say, up upcycling or Kites?
I don't know, why don't you tell us....

If they're really that valuable!!! You shouldn't list payminer.com , badgebot.com and lasik.pro "On Sale" and list them with "DM for Wholesale prices"

Last edited:
•••
I don't know, why don't you tell us....

I like Darth Vader sculptures made from old extension cords as much as anyone.. I just don't see a lot of commercial value.

•••
I like Darth Vader sculptures made from old extension cords as much as anyone.. I just don't see a lot of commercial value.
They just installed a bunch of plastic items on our sidewalk.... barrels, fish nets, buoys etc.
"Upcycled Art"
The Artist received 5K

•••
They just installed a bunch of plastic items on our sidewalk.... barrels, fish nets, buoys etc.
"Upcycled Art"
The Artist received 5K

You have a lot of good names, I don't think this is one of them. I hope you prove me wrong.

•••
You have a lot of good names, I don't think this is one of them. I hope you prove me wrong.
I definitely don't think it's my Best but also not my Worst... and I don't have to "prove" you anything
It's the only .Art domain I own... (renewed it at $10.99)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back