IT.COM

The Peak of Blockchain-Related Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kemal G

Established Member
Impact
A detail in the charts caught my attention when I was checking some keywords. There are some peak points in the charts of the monthly registered domain name counts with blockchain-related keywords, especially at the end of 2017 and early 2018. So, I have a question now:
What happened at that time?

Trend pages:
Screenshots of the Charts
blockchain-trends.PNG

crypto-trends.PNG

coin-trends.PNG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A detail in the charts caught my attention when I was checking some keywords. There are some peak points in the charts of the monthly registered domain name counts with blockchain-related keywords, especially at the end of 2017 and early 2018. So, I have a question now:
What happened at that time?

Trend pages:
Screenshots of the Charts
Show attachment 108629

Show attachment 108631

Show attachment 108632

Your site says that a lot of domains are available when they are in fact not, so I wasted a lot of time trying to reg domains that are not available. You guys need to fix this if it's one of the main reasons to use your site.

•••
•••
Your site says that a lot of domains are available when they are in fact not, so I wasted a lot of time trying to reg domains that are not available. You guys need to fix this if it's one of the main reasons to use your site.

Same issue as above
I've sent a DM to both of you to understand the issues you've mentioned.

Don't you have any idea about my question?

•••
I would assume News / Pres release, some major company being listed involving blockchain tech, maybe a big thing on crypto or bitcoin, although its a group collective that buys domains, it could also have been one or two major players building a portfolio, placing a edge on cornering that keyword market.

•••
Why do you think this is "the peak"?

•••
•••
•••
So is it going down yet? just curious
Total registered domain name counts are constantly increasing. But monthly registration counts went down as you can see.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Total registered domain name counts are constantly increasing. But monthly registration counts went down as you can see.

Oh ok. I didn't notice that. I think there will definitely also be a drop in registrations in general eventually. Most of these domains are of course crap registrations inspired by the hype. A correction as they call it...

•••
@Kemal G I really appreciate these domaining related stats.
Please keep them coming. Great Job.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back