IT.COM

.us The .US Discussion and Registration Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

owntype

DomainName.comTop Member
Impact
How to protect the .US domain if I can't meet nexus Requirement?

I believe there are many domainers outside (or no connections to) U.S still own .us domains, so how you guys make it safe? Tips needed, thanks in advance! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But renewal fees almost high at Godaddy

Best to either transfer to name.com or dynadot ($8.99 and $7.99 renewal last time I checked)

Also I think Godaddy has that Domain discount club (Yearly fee :rolleyes:) which drops the renewal to $7.29ish.

•••
Today I got:

austininsurance.us
dallasinsurance.us
ohioinsurance.us
custombusinesscards.us

•••

Tempt.us (Sold for $775 in 2008; I got it on a backorder).

I'm building a foodie blog.

•••
Can a more expert .us person tell me of any active .us hacks? Im looking for precedents where companies built sites on hacked .us extensions. As an example: ask.us (that's just off the top of my head).

Thanks!

Obviously, deli.ci.o.us comes to mind, but they've gone back to delicious.com... any others?

Last edited:
•••
Alright, I haven't tried since last year, Q4 was busy with my sites but did they move the drop time up? Couple I was looking at, looked like they were picked up by DomainMonster at midnight (could be wrong). I picked a few I knew nobody would want and they looked to be available a little earlier than usual.

•••
I don't know when it got picked up but DomainMonster snagged CloudHosting.us for me today. I'm pretty sure that during daylight savings they drop at 1pm EST, but like you, I've not been checking very often.

•••
I don't know when it got picked up but DomainMonster snagged CloudHosting.us for me today. I'm pretty sure that during daylight savings they drop at 1pm EST, but like you, I've not been checking very often.

Yeah, that's one of the ones I was looking at. Didn't know about the daylight savings and 1PM. I just remember last time I checked, last year it was 2PM, so I started trying a few minutes before then today. Probably why the ones I was looking at were gone if they're dropping at 1. Will try to wake up a little earlier and start taking a look at them again.

•••
Just got Odd-Jobs.us
Thought it could make a good portal to freelance sites and job boards. Especially with the economy the way it is..... lots of people looking for extra/side work.

•••
I just had a $4.68 click on a parked page. CellBattery.us is parked with Smart Name and had only 1 click on Monday resulting in my share being $4.68. Sure beats those 5 and 10 cent clicks!

•••
I just had a $4.68 click on a parked page. CellBattery.us is parked with Smart Name and had only 1 click on Monday resulting in my share being $4.68. Sure beats those 5 and 10 cent clicks!

$4.68 for one click on a parked page ? wow , congrats , i was sure those days are over

•••
$4.68 for one click on a parked page ? wow , congrats , i was sure those days are over

So did I, that's why I had to share the story. :laugh:

•••
Hey guys, I'm not much of a .US guy as I am very focused on .TV names. I do own DealOfTheDay.us. I am willing to trade it for a top .tv domain name or if someone can let me know where the best place to sell a .US name I would appreciate it.

Cheers!

•••
Just noticed that Woolite - http://www.woolite.com/ uses the .com as the starting point and when you choose America - USA, they use the .us for their main site for America.

•••
Samachar.us

Samachar = News in Indian language Hindi.

•••
Just got
HOLDEMGAMES.US
PLATINUMPOKER.US

•••
•••
is their even anyone from neustar registry , like a neustar rep on namepros ?

•••
I am from bangladesh. My 2 friends are using .us domain, and they are not US citigen. So, I am totally confused!
tell your buddies their breaking the law , internet police are on the way:xf.smile:

•••
Regged a shortened version of my name as a short url

tomj.us

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back