Dynadot

discuss The Sports Thread!

NameSilo
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The Official Sports Thread!

Discuss sports! Cheer for your teams! Wear your teams! Discuss your teams!

All things sports! Everyone is welcome!

NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA, NHL, Soccer (Football, Futbol) and more!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It was like the defense for the Sooners took the damn day off!
And the offense was barely there.....

But damn.....

•••
Highlights: Wales v South Africa - Rugby World Cup 2019 - Semi-Final

South Africa are through to the Final against England next weekend!

•••
Next weekend!
76613111_2837242322986953_5028657601190035456_n.jpg

•••
So there is going to be a World Series Game 7. It'll be the one and only baseball game I watch this year, at least the last couple of innings, too boring for me.

-----------------
Stat line of the night goes to Anthony Davis of the Lakers:

Scored 40 but look at his free throws: 26/27 free throws. I can't remember when I saw that many free throws and then he only missed 1. He also add 20 rebounds - https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160696

and that was in 3 quarters:
40 PTS
20 REB
26-27 FT
2 BLK

Last edited:
•••
Tomorrow Saturday... Based on recent form England are slight favorites to win.
75210195_455390535086964_6802123557045272576_o.jpg

•••
The South African "Springboks" won the Rugby World Cup for the third time, by outclassing the England "Roses" by 32-12

20507090-7641875-image-a-4_1572686596357.jpg

England-vs-South-Africa-3.jpg

ygc8WC4M-PI4Yl6_TrTDvSzeYzU_tO5wHYlDMPyr5bmbMxI_4vQG0J38IMBi33G0wqRLbmmk-sg7VW0hqdJr=s750

b2d2211877f85c66ab9bc2fc63978cdd

•••
Updated Superbowl Predictions:

Ravens/Chiefs vs. 49ers/Seahawks - I took Patriots out because Brady is now 17th ranked QB and will probably drop since he didn't throw a TD today. Doesn't have his favorite target anymore in Gronk, young receivers but still winning. So never would count him out. But I think Ravens or Chiefs are better.

------------------------
NBA

Interesting if you look at the top teams in the Eastern and Western Conference, old school matchup

Lakers are at the top of the Western Conference at 10-2

Celtics are at the top of the Eastern Conference at 10-2

We could have a Lakers vs. Celtics Finals.

If Anthony Davis can stay injury free.

•••
We could have a Lakers vs. Celtics Finals.

Celtics are overrated AF
Kemba Walker is a downgrade from Kyrie
Gordon Hayward’s contract is an albatross
but hey, they have a great Coach.

Lakers fanboy easy see thru u.., have LeBron, albeit at the twilight of his career.

Will give you a chance to respond:
I am a Knicks’ fan. Why alienate few domainers who follow US sports 🏈 ⚾🏀

Keep this thread as alive as the welcome everyone even Canadians thread :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Astros

Celtics are overrated AF
Kemba Walker is a downgrade from Kyrie
Gordon Hayward’s contract is an albatross
but hey, they have a great Coach

Lakers fanboy, easy see, see thru u but you have LeBron, albeit at the twilight of his career.

i will give you a chance to respond:
I am a Knicks’ fan. why alienate the few domainers who follow US sports 🏈 ⚾🏀

Keep this thread as alive as the welcome everyone even Canadiens NP thread ;p

Knicks fan, that's tough.

Me a Lakers fan boy? I'm actually an Orlando Magic Fan for the NBA, Atlanta Falcons fan NFL. Falcons are a mess, Magic might make the Playoffs this time.

Lakers and Celtics are just the top 2 teams as far as records right now. It's still early, wide open. Clippers finally got Paul George back, still hasn't played with Kawhi yet. Yesterday, they blew out Hawks 150-101, without Kawhi. Paul is already playing great. So right now, they would be my pick in the West. I think they will be the best on both sides of the floor.

Last edited:
•••
Knicks fan, that's tough.

Me a Lakers fan boy? I'm actually an Orlando Magic Fan for the NBA, Atlanta Falcons fan NFL. Falcons are a mess, Magic might make the Playoffs this time.

Lakers and Celtics are just the top 2 teams as far as records right now. It's still early, wide open. Clippers finally got Paul George back, still hasn't played with Kawhi yet. Yesterday, they blew out Hawks 150-101, without Kawhi. Paul is already playing great. So right now, they would be my pick in the West. I think they will be the best on both sides of the floor.

Yup. I agree with you. The East will be more chaotic, always is, feel get weaker, every yr.

There will be hell to pay, with those draft picks, if no championships w/ all-in Paul george trade

Last edited:
•••
Yup. I agree with you. The East will be more chaotic, always is, feel get weaker, every yr.

There will be hell to pay, with those draft pics if no championships, w/ all-in Paul George trade.

My goodness, was just checking the scores. Hawks are getting straight abused by the LA teams.

Clippers beat them 150 - 101 yesterday

Today, Lakers up 69 - 41 at half. https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160830

My pick is the Clippers to win it all, if they stay healthy.

•••
As a Lakers fan I am not sure they can stay healthy. It seems the Clippers are deeper and multiple other teams have a chance to hit on all cylinders when its crunch time. As a Lakers fan, I am not setting expectations yet.

In the NFL it appears the Ravens are the team to beat.

•••
Today in NFL:

Vikings won, they were down 20-0 in game

49ers won, they were down 16-0 in game

my NY Jets won 3rd time against 1-8 team :)

Last edited:
•••
ha, he's a Patriot. They also have Josh Gordon back from (I lost count how many) suspensions. If they both stay healthy and out of trouble and Gordon plays up to what he's capable, Pats will roll, could be best WR tandem in NFL. They also have Edelman, Brady about to go off.

Josh Gordon. Didn't work out with the Pats, went to the Seahawks and......

"Breaking: The NFL has suspended Josh Gordon indefinitely for violating the league’s policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse."

https://twitter.com/search?q="Josh Gordon"&src=trend_click

He is completely done now, waste of talent.

I just want to point out even tho my Falcons sucked this year, they saved the coaches job with beating the Saints and 49ers on the road.

Also, looks like Rams are done this year, didn't watch too many of their games, so no idea what's going on there. I like seeing the Bills in the Playoffs, nice story.

Last edited:
•••
Josh Gordon. Didn't work out with the Pats, went to the Seahawks and......

"Breaking: The NFL has suspended Josh Gordon indefinitely for violating the league’s policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse."

https://twitter.com/search?q="Josh Gordon"&src=trend_click

He is completely done now, waste of talent.

I just want to point out even tho my Falcons sucked this year, they saved the coaches job with beating the Saints and 49ers on the road.

Also, looks like Rams are done this year, didn't watch too many of their games, so no idea what's going on there. I like seeing the Bills in the Playoffs, nice story.
Yeah, definitely not a time to be celebrating as a Falcons fan....I sense, as a Rams fan, that the Rams are on a similar slide.

•••
Team: NY Yankees. Sport: MLB

Gerrit Cole got a nine-year $324 million deal largest given to a Pitcher in history of the game

He can opt out after 5years but that option can b overridden,if team adds extra year bring total 10 years $360 million
perks; full no-trade clause non-deferred salary

Last edited:
•••
Re: Post above; 324M fully guaranteed money.

Last edited:
•••
Memorable Moments in Sports History

•••
I just want to point out, whenever we start playing football again, Falcons will win the Superbowl. Haven't been paying attention with all the stuff going on but we picked up RB Todd Gurley, then on D another former first round pick Dante Fowler. On offense:

With the addition of Todd Gurley, the Falcons' projected starting offense now features 10 players who were once first-round draft picks.

Wide receiver: Julio Jones
Wide receiver: Calvin Ridley
Tight end: Hayden Hurst
Center: Alex Mack
Left tackle: Jake Matthews
Left guard: James Carpenter
Right guard: Chris Lindstrom
Right tackle: Kaleb McGary
Quarterback: Matt Ryan
Running back: Todd Gurley

10 on offense alone.

Last edited:
•••
Canada pulls out of 2020 Olympics over COVID-19 concerns as Australia eyes postponement

"The Canadian Olympic Committee and Canadian Paralympic Committee announced on Monday that Canadian athletes will not be sent to the Olympic and Paralympic Games if they go on as scheduled in July. “This is not solely about athlete health – it is about public health,” a Team Canada statement said. Shortly after, the Australian Olympic Committee said it had told athletes to prepare for the Games to be held in 2021."

https://olympic.ca/press/team-canad...o-games-in-summer-2020-due-to-covid-19-risks/

Was wondering what would happen with that. I don't think there is official word yet but maybe they delay it to 2021.

•••
If you like NBA basketball, The Last Dance, Chicago Bulls on ESPN, so good. First 2 episodes were tonight, 10 episodes in all. 7 out of the top 10 trending terms on Twitter right now are about this documentary - https://twitter.com/home

#TheLastDance
ESPN
Phil Jackson
Former Chicago Resident
Celtics
Charles Oakley
Sam Bowie

Last edited:
•••
If you follow NFL...
Von Miller has tested positive for COVID-19.

If you follow NBA...
Knicks' owner tested positive for COVID-19

Last edited:
•••
•••
NFL Draft underway!

Who will go after Joe Burrow and Chase Young?

Our first virtual NFL Draft.

•••
•••
Back