Dynadot

.org The .ORG Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.org >>

Hello.

In view of the recent success of .ORG domain sales, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss the value of the .org extension.

1. Share Recent .ORG Sales

2. Share Your BEST .ORG domains

3. Share Your Opinion on .ORG

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Here are some other notable .org sales:

Engineering.org - $198,000
Date.org - sold for $150,000
Attorney.org - $38,500 sold @ SEDO on 9/25/2009
Hockey.org - $22,500 sold @ Moniker Traffic on 11/27/2009
HomeLoans.org - $37,000 sold @Private Sale on 08/19/2009

What's your best .ORG?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a few .orgs in my profile

jugos.org (Spanish for juices)
abajo.org (spanish for down or bottom)
cuantocuesta.org (spanish for "how much does it cost")
uchuva.org - a superfruit of sorts
oxidants.org

I think it's a great domain when used in the right situation. I put it above .info and battling with .net

•••
just owned another health\pros(.)org

•••
•••
There is around twenty of .ORG extension domains at current Sedo travel auction.

If anyone interested to monitor them, there is active auction LIST

•••
is it worth it to reg a .org if the .com and .net are taken but parked?

i got a few names on my sight that all other major ext. are taken but some are parked/for sale pages.

•••
is it worth it to reg a .org if the .com and .net are taken but parked?

i got a few names on my sight that all other major ext. are taken but some are parked/for sale pages.

If you're planning on developing that .org, absolutely. People parking their .com names are squandering whatever advantage those names have over other TLD's. In the age of increasing search engine relevance, you can really eat the parked .com owners lunch with a "SameKeywords.net/org/ccTLD" name that receives proper development. Not only do you make more money than he does with parking, but you make his .com name less desirable when you get a massive head start in the 'keyword space relevance race'. Now, prospective buyers of his .com name think twice about even wanting GreatKeyword.com when GreatKeyword.org is sitting at the top of SERP, fully developed, established and relevant in the minds of users.

So you get the dual bonus of making more money *and* the satisfaction that comes from ripping your competitions face off, who smugly rested on his laurels thinking that it was 2002 and things would never change. Yeah. Congrats. You own a bunch of undeveloped beachfront lots. I own 459 apartment buildings in middle income TLD neighborhoods that are all throwing off cash. I win.

Last edited:
•••
thx for the input dongsman :)

im new at this domain thingy and still dont know how to develop a site properly, will have to do a lot of reading on the subject, thx again.

•••
So far I have

calamity.org
audiolabs.org
machinecode.org
wartech.org
shadowcorp.org
mindhack.org

•••
wow, i sent a mail to a mortgage broker in portland with a sell offer for my portlandmortgage.org domain.
prob was i set a price of 600$ and thus revealing my cards first, the guy sent a mail back saying that he is not really interested but will consider buying it for a cheap price saying i probly got the domain for 69$ and he offered to double my money, meaning he is willing to pay about 140$.

should i accept the offer or counter with a new one? quick replies will be greatly appreciated as the guy is really quick with the emails :)

•••
^ i'd accept @ $150 plus he pay the escrow fee (ESPECIALLY if you didnt pay more than regfee for it) ^

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

but then again my problem is i am always quick to accept lower offers just to make some profit lol..

•••
edit

Last edited:
•••
I have a few .orgs in my profile

jugos.org (Spanish for juices)
abajo.org (spanish for down or bottom)
cuantocuesta.org (spanish for "how much does it cost")
uchuva.org - a superfruit of sorts
oxidants.org

I think it's a great domain when used in the right situation. I put it above .info and battling with .net

Just curious, have you had success with Spanish .org domains? I've had Ganador.org (winner) for a while and figured it'd be solid for a game site among other ideas, but as with any foreign language one I've had, it's more or less sat there. I like CuantoCuesta...just remembering from Spanish class, that's a phrase that came up often. :)

•••
I ended up selling a couple of my CVCV.org's on Sedo and the other LLLL.org's that I no longer wanted here at NP,

These are the only three I got left:

Baji
Juse
Kici

Did make some decent ROI with the CVCV.org's, should pick some more up in the future.

•••
I ended up selling a couple of my CVCV.org's on Sedo and the other LLLL.org's that I no longer wanted here at NP,

These are the only three I got left:

Baji
Juse
Kici

Did make some decent ROI with the CVCV.org's, should pick some more up in the future.

Thats great, so how much u sold for at Sedo ??

•••
wow, i sent a mail to a mortgage broker in portland with a sell offer for my portlandmortgage.org domain.
prob was i set a price of 600$ and thus revealing my cards first, the guy sent a mail back saying that he is not really interested but will consider buying it for a cheap price saying i probly got the domain for 69$ and he offered to double my money, meaning he is willing to pay about 140$.

should i accept the offer or counter with a new one? quick replies will be greatly appreciated as the guy is really quick with the emails :)

If it was a reg fee domain sell it and buy 15 more to resell.
Keep turning a profit and building your portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
Just curious, have you had success with Spanish .org domains? I've had Ganador.org (winner) for a while and figured it'd be solid for a game site among other ideas, but as with any foreign language one I've had, it's more or less sat there. I like CuantoCuesta...just remembering from Spanish class, that's a phrase that came up often. :)

I can't really give you much insight on Spanish .orgs at this time as they are a new venture for me. I'll keep this thread in mind and send you a PM down the road to let you know how they're working out for me.

Good luck with ganador, let me know if you have success with it.

•••
Thats great, so how much u sold for at Sedo ??

One was for $600 and the other was for $800, not bad for hand reg CVCV.org's.

Hopefully one day I can say $1,000,000. :lala:

•••

Wow, congrats. I myself have had a handful of quad-premium CVCVs regged about 2 and a half years ago...probably not as good as yours but your sales give me hope for them at least.

•••

Thanks for sharing and best of luck for your target of $1,000,000:wave:

•••
•••
just added a few more city+mortgage.org to the list:

AKRONMORTGAGE.ORG
BUFFALOMORTGAGE.ORG
CLEVELANDMORTGAGE.ORG
DURHAMMORTGAGE.ORG
OAKLANDMORTGAGE.ORG
ROCHESTERMORTGAGE.ORG
WICHITAMORTGAGE.ORG

also got: COMMODITYQUOTES.ORG

•••
a little question if i may: i have found a .org name that is taken in both .com and .net, both .com and .net leads to the same page who is a well developed website that sells medicinal herb seeds and even marijuana for medical needs.

my q is should i reg the name and them offer it to them? i checked uspto for trademark issue and didnt find that name as a trademark, so what do you guys say?

•••
I have

BrandPromotion.org

•••
a little question if i may: i have found a .org name that is taken in both .com and .net, both .com and .net leads to the same page who is a well developed website that sells medicinal herb seeds and even marijuana for medical needs.

my q is should i reg the name and them offer it to them? i checked uspto for trademark issue and didnt find that name as a trademark, so what do you guys say?

I sold a .org after sending emails to the .com and .net owners but that was not why I originally regged the name, just got it because I knew it was a nice one. End result it now redirects to the .com :)

reg it and wait a while and then offer it for sale to them and see what happens, MIGHT get lucky, might not...never know!

•••

good news, thanks for the update.. cheers, rep+

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back