Dynadot

.org The .ORG Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.org >>

Hello.

In view of the recent success of .ORG domain sales, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss the value of the .org extension.

1. Share Recent .ORG Sales

2. Share Your BEST .ORG domains

3. Share Your Opinion on .ORG

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Here are some other notable .org sales:

Engineering.org - $198,000
Date.org - sold for $150,000
Attorney.org - $38,500 sold @ SEDO on 9/25/2009
Hockey.org - $22,500 sold @ Moniker Traffic on 11/27/2009
HomeLoans.org - $37,000 sold @Private Sale on 08/19/2009

What's your best .ORG?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Science.org - $49,000
Btr.org - $3,750
Det.org - $2,000

Last edited:
•••
I'm still a big fan of .org. It provides consumer confidence and is a classic, timeless extension in my opinion, that can speak to the consumer in a unique way, unlike any other domain extension. Two I own that I like are Coop.org and LLC.org .

•••
I like .org a lot too, yes for investment too! I have goldchart.org i did develop it. recently bought tradetalk.org for .99 name.com. I do actively try and find good fitting .org as much as .coms.

I'm still a big fan of .org. It provides consumer confidence and is a classic, timeless extension in my opinion, that can speak to the consumer in a unique way, unlike any other domain extension. Two I own that I like are Coop.org and LLC.org .
coop.org is a great domain it fits just so perfect! It has a lot going for it, looks nice even.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just picked up emcee.org for a development project. Would like to create an authority hip-hop site.

•••
•••
5g.png

5g network

•••
ha, I saw that one and thought about it, I have it on my potential domain list. good job.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Sedo last week:
accredited.org
$4.5K

•••
i have these :

dddo.org
gggu.org
hhhu.org
nnne.org
llle.org
obbb.org
urrr.org

•••
•••
•••
Its very weird that still are 8,000 LLLL.org western premiums unregistered! 8,000 is not a huge number and a buyout shouldnt cost more than $90K in total!

•••
•••
Guys, Its legal to purchase .org for commercial purpose?

I never bought .org because of I think this is only for organization? I am correct?

•••
•••
Is there a meaning to it ? As such 3 char org domains are available.
I think it's related to china pronounce "xi quei"...or sth like that I've though yet :D. IMO

•••
I LOVE .orgs but only do single words and ones that fit well with it. Preferably a massive non-profit sector. I happen to be a lucky SOB who has one - my best domain by far. It was the top/first name picked live at NamesCon last year by the experts reviewing for Domain Sherpa. Check out these numbers:

Cancer.org is owned by the American Cancer Society. They did $862,312,318 in donations last year.
Heart.org is owned by the American Heart Association. They did $780,275,142 in donations last year.
Breast.org is owned by ME.!!!

Do you like this domain? BCRFcure.org - I kid you not - look it up. Even THEY pulled in over $60 MILLION

I could easily see a couple hundred million in breast cancer donations for this foundation if done by the American Cancer Society team, or maybe doubling the BCRFcure peoples numbers if they take it(jeez).

I would say a 6 figure PLUS 2% of donations per year would suit me fine. What do you think??? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
.ORG is suitable for any organization...
And doesn't matter at all what kind is it: profit or non-profit... Forget about this archaic stereotype...

Last edited:
•••
+ any human traffic can be monetized...
So all websites are profitable de facto.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back