Dynadot

showcase The .Geek Showcase and Discussion Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Came across this extension and picked up a handful of some of my favorite subjects. Thought I would create a showcase thread for others to share.

My registrations are:

Art
Social
Auto
Health
Shop
Blockchain

I would love to see what others have registered.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just had a look at opennic's wiki, particularly this:
upload_2020-4-3_19-11-47.png

Assuming you got the domain for resale.. won't the restrictions put off potential buyers?
Also,
how did you manage to have 'multiple qualifying uses'? :)

•••
I just had a look at opennic's wiki, particularly this:
Show attachment 149786

Assuming you got the domain for resale.. won't the restrictions put off potential buyers?
Also,
how did you manage to have 'multiple qualifying uses'? :)
I only have one use. I want to build really cool websites about my geekness for these subjects. :)

•••
.geek domain names are first-come, first-serve, excluding those reserved for .geek operational matters (www.geek and opennic.geek). No challenges to a domain holder on any basis other than .geek or OpenNIC policy violation, or non-use of the domain, will be considered. .geek domain names must be at least 3 characters long (before the .geek) and be otherwise consistent with the relevant RFC's.

https://wiki.opennic.org/opennic/dot/geek

•••
.geek domain names are first-come, first-serve, excluding those reserved for .geek operational matters (www.geek and opennic.geek). No challenges to a domain holder on any basis other than .geek or OpenNIC policy violation, or non-use of the domain, will be considered. .geek domain names must be at least 3 characters long (before the .geek) and be otherwise consistent with the relevant RFC's.

https://wiki.opennic.org/opennic/dot/geek
Thanks for that. I actually reached out to Epik regarding that. They are looking into as we speak!

•••
Am I right to assume that selling the [.geek] domain is not permitted, that it must be developed?

•••
Am I right to assume that selling the [.geek] domain is not permitted, that it must be developed?
Havent gotten there yet. I guess they can be sold by the registrar. :)

•••
I picked up Weather

I am a true weather geek! Should have gone into Meteorology decades ago.

Last edited:
•••
At $2.99 a pop on Epik I had to grab a couple :xf.smile: Friday night impulse regs......

• News
  • Lab
  • Eco
  • Data
  • Fashion
  • SEO

•••
At $2.99 a pop on Epik I had to grab a couple :xf.smile: Friday night impulse regs......

• News
  • Lab
  • Eco
  • Data
  • Fashion
  • SEO

SEO is a nice one!

•••
•••
•••
•••
I still see 4.99 after login
That means you are not marked as a NP member. Just pm Rob Monster. He can add you for free.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I just grabbed at 2.99

edu.geek

•••
Are they real ? I registered just one to test it: Online.Geek

•••
Are they real ? I registered just one to test it: Online.Geek

As you know, the edu.geek is an Alternative Domain not part of ICANN and not broadly recognized by web browsers. To use it, your visitors will need to either using an Anonymize.com VPN, the Anonymize DNS resolver, or an Anonymize-compatible web browser. These tools are available at no cost to your audience. The result is that their visits to your site will be fully encrypted from end to end.

•••
my mini .geek splurge is now done...

U.geek

•••
•••
Anyone listing these for sale anywhere with success?

•••
i got $50 for crypto.geek and $33 for cryptocurrency.coin

•••
•••
Back