IT.COM

The official final countdown for L-LL and LL-L

NameSilo
Watch

floatingworld

dawnofthefloatingworldVIP Member
Impact
A number of domainers have been quietly registering away since the LLLL countdown finished (some also before). There are still good pickings in this countdown including double letters. A few *-LL.com have already been cleared out from A-Z and not just the e-LL and i-LL.

Maybe someone can pretty please persuade 3spar to edit the DYYO software to accommodate?

Also anybody got any latest update on total available and sales updates?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Venture said:
Great lists johnny. I reg'd a few, t-dd.com being the best - #1 spot in google for tdd is "test-driven development". perfect!

Nice one, that reminds me I have t-tt .com.

good luck, Gary.

•••
buckshotdots said:
I have t-tt .com.

when did you pick that one up?

•••
floatingworld said:
when did you pick that one up?

A while back :)

Just sold AM-I . com for $75 and offers on several others....

ITS HEATING UP :)

Gary-

•••
buckshotdots said:
A while back :)

Just sold AM-I . com for $75 and offers on several others....

AM-I: smart name.

Any chance of a December scan on availability team?
My GD-reg finger is twitching again.... :)

•••
what would JA-C be worth?

thanks

•••
floatingworld said:
AM-I: smart name.

Any chance of a December scan on availability team?
My GD-reg finger is twitching again.... :)

I will do a new scan later today.

•••
woot!
just got a $9.08 click on a LL-L.com at Parked.com

:sold: :sold: :sold:

•••
•••
thanx for the list, I took
SF-T : soft, or SoFtware Technogies

•••
arnie said:
woot!
just got a $9.08 click on a LL-L.com at Parked.com

:sold: :sold: :sold:

wow thats really great. Didn't know parked.com pay that much.

•••
Here is a new L-LL.COM scan:

8629 Available L-LL.COM http://www.startgt.com/l-ll-december3scan.txt

17 Available starting with E:

E-DQ.com
E-GQ.com
E-JQ.com
E-KQ.com
E-QF.com
E-QG.com
E-QJ.com
E-QN.com
E-QV.com
E-QW.com
E-QX.com
E-QZ.com
E-UQ.com
E-UX.com
E-VQ.com
E-WQ.com
E-XK.com

•••
I made the same list but only with premium letters
Only 1056 left. I took 57. Now only 999 free premium letters L-LL.com! :)

•••
netklick said:
wow thats really great. Didn't know parked.com pay that much.

evidently they DONT!
:(

IT SHOWED $9.08
then , today it shows as 23 cents :td:

Last edited:
•••
Please welcome me also to your hypen club :hi: .

I had reg my first hypen domain

B-PO.com
LP-O.com
KP-O.com

•••
bijusidharth said:
Please welcome me also to your hypen club :hi: .

I had reg my first hypen domain

B-PO.com
LP-O.com
KP-O.com

nice. welcome aboard
very good to end in 'o'
:imho:

organisation, online etc.

have some rep, what the heck :sold:

•••
My two highest parked domains are l-ll. Since the SEO just removes the dash it turns them into three letter acronyms which happen to match a big company :)

•••
4ltrorg said:
My two highest parked domains are l-ll. Since the SEO just removes the dash it turns them into three letter acronyms which happen to match a big company :)

Out of curiosity, does that mean that TM's might play a role
with these L-LL's and LL-L's? Or does the hyphen keep them safe?

•••
mis_chiff said:

If the trademark owner can prove bad faith on your part, that you have used the name in a misleading or confusingly similar way, the hyphen is really not going to make a difference. Also, remember that trademarks need not be registered to have legal force if the brand name has been used in commerce in a way that establishes a common law trademark.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, simply an ordinary person expressing his view from information he has read on the forum and elsewhere. This is not in any way or form whatsoever legal advice from me. Always consult an attorney or qualified professional.

•••
guys.....if I find a LL-L or a L-LL of an LLL that has high Overture, is it good to reg it?

•••
italiandragon said:
guys.....if I find a LL-L or a L-LL of an LLL that has high Overture, is it good to reg it?

I am not sure that it is worth regging an LL-L or L-LL as an ersatz LLL.com IMHO the name has to stand on its own hyphenated feet. Otherwise name overly reliant on traffic income.

•••
floatingworld said:
I am not sure that it is worth regging an LL-L or L-LL as an ersatz LLL.com IMHO the name has to stand on its own hyphenated feet. Otherwise name overly reliant on traffic income.

So:

W-WF.com

is not good?

•••
mis_chiff said:

No, a dash does not protect any name. abc, abc.com, a-b-c.com, a-bc.com and ab-c.com are all what would be termed "confusingly similar" to a trademarked name. That being said, unless your domain name is the same as a registered trademark AND you set up a website to compete with their business, I wouldn't worry too much. Take the three letter acronym ABC. Worldwide there are probably thousands of entities using ABC as their acronym in an unregistered state. For registered TM's a trucking company could be called ABC, a bookstore called ABC, a broadcast company ABC, a toy company, a pharmacy, and on and on. The same thing with FAA. If you look on the internet FAA.com has a computer company, FAA.net a automobile association, FAA.org an Adventist academy, FAA.gov Federal Aviation Administration, and, I'm not even going into all the individual country codes. On another note there is nothing wrong with having a website titled FAA and posting pet supplies or a blog. You registered the name and can do with it as you please. Sure, if your site makes a million dollars, someone, somewhere in the world might complain. But, if you made a million dollars you could fight their assertions.

Because of the nature of acronyms, they are very hard to prove infringement upon. FAA could stand for hundreds of things. And, if a company wants your FA-A but only registered FAA the judge will ask them why they did not register it or use it actively in commerce. Coca-Cola and Wal-mart both have registered their dashed names.

A little more advice...You could always state something like FA-A can't be trademarked like FAA because both FA and A are words in the dictionary and the dash merely separates the two words. If someone tries to say that your name is not being actively used in commerce show them the receipts from your parking account. You've made an investment into your name, you've turned it into a business, your making a profit off of it while it's parked at various services, your collecting research on traffic, hits, monitoring it, adding keywords, optimizing it, renewing it, etc.. If that's not using it in commerce, I don't know what is. Thus, you've got just as much right to use it as the next guy...that is unless you knowingly set up a competing business. Then, just hand over the name with an apology.

italiandragon said:
So:

W-WF.com

is not good?

This is rare but...

If an acronym is widely known and used by two very large organizations, and one is tarnishing the image of another, a judge can force one user to give up their trademark.

I recall this happened with WWF. World Wildlife Fund and World Wresting Federation both used WWF until World Wildlife Fund brought a suit against World Wrestlers for trademark infringement. There were many wrestling "scandals" and controversies at the time of the suit brought by the World Wildlife Fund, so tarnishment may have been a deciding factor as WWF had to change to WWE.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the explanation 4ltrorg :)

•••
I think someone in this thread has the other one: WW-F.com ........right Pred? :)

•••
yesterday I snapped a-fa.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back