Dynadot

discuss The Crypto-Currency domain market - Showcase and discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A new era is upon us. Days of handling physical cash could be coming to an end. Most of us are familiar with bitcoin by now but there are many other "virtual coins" in existence. New coins are being brought to market at a swift pace.

Let's showcase related domains and discuss the possibilities of these new virtual coins. Like stocks, wise investments in this new currency can earn you a bundle in profits! Track values of 160+ coins below...

http://coinmarketcap.com

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All the 20 I submitted rejected. Quality requirements not met.

Last edited:
•••
All mine rejected of 10 initially submitted. Might try a few more that I didn’t submit initially though. I agree with your rant above.
Might be futile -- but still worth a shot. Regardless, any chance at increased visibility is worth the effort..

Last edited:
•••
I think they have filled all the available spots.

•••
I think they have filled all the available spots.
Maybe so -- but there are multiple reasons they provide for rejecting names. So I'm a bit confused at the blanket "quality" issue.

Maybe they did fill the slots sloppily. Makes it worse imo

•••
Maybe so -- but there are multiple reasons they provide for rejecting names. So I'm a bit confused at the blanket "quality" issue.

Maybe they did fill the slots sloppily. Makes it worse imo
It’s not a case of sloppy. They want to sell domains so if the best submissions have outrageous reserves they get rejected.

Crypto.com sold for what seems to be tens of millions. Cryptoshop.com has been developed for a while now. I submitted cryptostore with a $650k reserve and it was denied. There are only a handful of pointed domains like these and tons of potential buyers as we move forward. The rejection is welcome on my end...

•••
It’s not a case of sloppy. They want to sell domains so if the best submissions have outrageous reserves they get rejected.

Crypto.com sold for what seems to be tens of millions. Cryptoshop.com has been developed for a while now. I submitted cryptostore with a $650k reserve and it was denied. There are only a handful of pointed domains like these and tons of potential buyers as we move forward. The rejection is welcome on my end...
Right -- if the reserves aren't reasonable, I couldn't agree more. They will notify you (hopefully) if that's the reason for your submission's rejection. I've actually received this response before when I submitted names before for the "great domains" showcase auction(s).

The names are terrible. Especially at the lower end of the reserves (obv). No excuse.

Add.: I think low reserves are great -- when it's used as a come-hither marketing technique to get a good name rolling.

In this specific case, my reserves were purposefully set FAR below what I'd normally be comfortable with, just based on the possible visibility. But, nope lol

Last edited:
•••
They accepted three of my crypto related names over a week ago, which I was pleased with. However, today, more than a week later, I received notice that two of those accepted three names are now being removed from the auction.

Maybe last week they were light on submissions, but now have too many names, and have to trim the proverbial fat. Who knows?! Regardless, it leaves me little confidence the remaining name will actually make it all the way to the auction without being cut, but we'll see.

If nothing else, perhaps this auction will bring new eyes to the other names we all have listed on their platform, and with any luck, maybe even new sale/s. Time will tell...gl to all.

•••
Just into my account today:

P2PBTC.COM

Perfect name for a peer to peer bitcoin lending and exchanging company.

•••

granddex_com_400.jpg

•••
•••
I am shocked that my (ico)(brokers)(.net) got rejected by Sedo due to quality requirements not met, while many rubbish domains (i.e. typo mistakes, long, or even not strongly crypto-related) that obviously do not meet Sedo's stated quality requirements are on the auction list. What a world-class joke!

Even though many of the rubbish domains have low reserve prices, I doubt if someone will waste money and time to bid them.

My rejected domains:
- (ico)(brokers)(.net)
- (crypto)(transaction)(.net)
- (crypto)(agents)(.net)
- (crypto)(docs)(.net)
- (power)(wallet)(.net)
- (coin)(detector)(.net)
- (crypto)(stick)(.net)
- (crypto)(sticks)(.net)
- (power)(token)(.net)
- (micro)(wallet)(.net)
- (blockchain)(detector)(.net)

•••
Anybody else had luck getting their domain accepted into the Sedo "special crypto domain" auction? It looks like it isn't a matter of setting lower reserves, as I set reserves close to $90-$250 for even my stronger .com names and none were accepted ostensibly due to "quality requirements." Quality is such as subjective thing, will be interesting to see how many of the selected domains actually meet reserve and sell in this auction.

•••
I submitted e-coins.com & BitcoinProperty.com -- there's 28+ years of age between the two of these domains, alone.

I'll let you know what happens tho lol
Welp. Another one bites the dust lol

- bitcoinproperty.com (Quality requirements not met)

•••
My 2nd batch all rejected. Too bad as would’ve been good exposure!

•••
I submitted cryptostore with a $650k reserve and it was denied.

It would be rejected when it was bought for £5k on sedo 😉

Last edited:
•••
•••
I didn’t buy it at Sedo.

The person you bought it off did though, 'buy now' £5k, he then did a shop selling crypto themed clothing!

My point is thought that sedo have this on their sale record and then you submit it for $650k reserve! I would have thought a lower reserve would have been accepted? Then maybe a bidding war to follow?

Last edited:
•••
The person you bought it off did though, 'buy now' £5k, he then did a shop selling crypto themed clothing!

My point is thought that sedo have this on their sale record and then you submit it for $650k reserve! I would have thought a lower reserve would have been accepted? Then maybe a bidding war to follow?
I bought it in a private sale from a well known broker who was definitely not using it in commerce. Namebio shows no record of sale. Do you have one?

Anyhow, Sedo has gone to the dumps and I don’t park there anymore. Who in their right mind would list a domain like this with a low reserve? It’s best to negotiate a direct deal with a crypto company since most have ridiculous amounts of funding behind them!

•••
I bought it in a private sale from a well known broker who was definitely not using it in commerce. Namebio shows no record of sale. Do you have one?

Anyhow, Sedo has gone to the dumps and I don’t park there anymore. Who in their right mind would list a domain like this with a low reserve? It’s best to negotiate a direct deal with a crypto company since most have ridiculous amounts of funding behind them!

I know for a fact it sold for £5k buy now, i was watching it! Any sale can be hidden if the buyer requests the sale not be made public through the sedo buying control center. I do this all the time now on domains i buy!

•••
I know for a fact it sold for £5k buy now, i was watching it! Any sale can be hidden if the buyer requests the sale not be made public through the sedo buying control center. I do this all the time now on domains i buy!
When were you watching it?

•••
Screenshot_20180909-131649_Chrome.jpg

Here you go, 2 feb 2018 screenshot!

•••
......days later he changed it to 'buy now' and i just missed it!

•••
I am telling the truth Keith, i was gutted i missed it! Nice name

•••
Then the 15th March this site was thrown up on it

Screenshot_20180909-132535_Chrome.jpg

•••
Show attachment 97245

Here you go, 2 feb 2018 screenshot!
I bought it in March and at the price you’re talking and what I paid it would be strange for that broker to sell. Really makes no sense for them to only hold for a month and make no profit.

Anyhow offers come in constantly for the domain so no rush here :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back