Dynadot

ccTLD The Official .COM.AU Sales, Showcase and Discussion

NameSilo
Watch
Any whois for .com.au

I cant seem to find any.
It would be nice if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance!!! :loveyou:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well a new record domain sold the other week - sextoys.com.au for A$25,500

A new drop service has kicked off at DOMAIN8 PTY LTD - Portal Home with dozens of domains getting snapped up most days.

ICANN was hosted in Sydney with lots of .AU-ers getting together and doing deals.

Netfleet just finishing off a record month - 56 sales in August. For more info of how sales have been stacking up check - Expired Domains, Free Credits and Record Sales | Netfleet - The .AU Aftermarket

You would think that Netfleet is a small sample of what's going on in the wider market so things are looking pretty rosy in the world of .AU I reckon - onwards & upwards!

I surprised how quiet this thread has become - there's a very active .au forum out there which probably contains most of the discussion but it's a shame that the wider domaining community aren't aware of what a hot little namespace this has become!

•••
.AU Market Going Strong

Just an update on the .au namespace. Few things going on in Australia at the moment.

1) The general market is showing very strong growth. Total .au registrations have reached 1.5m (up from 1m 2 years ago). New registrations are 46% up on this time last year.

http://www.ausregistry.com.au/reports/2009/PUBLIC-200909.pdf

2) auDA are holding their AGM this w/e with new directors to be elected. auDA > Annual General Meetings > Notice of auDA 2009 Annual General Meeting There are several domainer-friendly candidates standing so will be interesting to see how it goes.

3) Aftermarket sales are still growing strongly just over a year after the prohibition on sales was lifted. Netfleet broke records in both July & August and whilst Sept was a little down it's still showing plenty of activity.

4) DBS (Fabulous) have just bought Domain8 with is a .au drop catching service just 5 months old. Details aren't too clear but the total deal could be worth $1.5m Dark Blue Sea in $1.5million deal to buy Domain8 ahead of Photon takeover « eCommerce Report

Please contribute to this thread if you are interested in this namespace. I know discussion is quiet on NP because there is a very strong au focused forum that houses a lot of the regulars. However it's important ro keep everybody in the loop!

•••
I'm an Aussie domainer too. Great to see a vibrant market for .au domains! I have about 30 listed with netfleet, and have sold a couple that way.

There are good domains being dropped every day on Domain8 - one word .com.au and geo domains. They have a pretty good catch rate, too. I will be interested to see how netfleet's new Domain Snapper competes!

•••
Good time to get registering those .au domains :)

I see there is still plenty of worthwhile domains available for registration.

Lately i've been only registering .au domains too.

•••
Good to see people finally realising the advantages of .au domains
I have been promoting them for YEARS

•••
Thanks netfleet for the update. I spoke with you on here last year some time, and i regret not regging a few .com.au domains now. I may have to reappraise things.

•••
The beta version of estibot seems to value dot com.au's at about half that of dot coms but not sure if estibots appraisals are accurate in the valuation.

•••
The beta version of estibot seems to value dot com.au's at about half that of dot coms but not sure if estibots appraisals are accurate in the valuation.

That's interesting - where is this beta version? - From what i've seen it usually just shows $50 reagrdless of the domain.

I reckon it's more like 1/20th to 1/50th of .com values depending on the domain.

•••
SOLD Parked.com.au at NetFleet.
WooHoo

•••
•••
Here are the top 10 reported sales for the year:

◦SexToys.com.au $25,500
◦Stay.com.au $14,000
◦Mortgage.net.au $13,500
◦TrinityBeach.com.au $10,000
◦WebDesign.net.au $10,000
◦Everybody.com.au $9,900
◦TouchPoint.com.au $7,500
◦NoAgent.com.au $8,000
◦JervisBay.com.au $7,450
◦EveryDrop.com.au $7,000
◦Selby.com.au $7,000

The other big change has been the price paid at the drops for some of the domains. Notable high bids include:

Townsville.com.au - $14,000
Backpackers.com.au - $16,000
Printing.com.au - $9,000
Motorhomes.com.au - $5,500

I think there were a few more over $5K but I can't recall. Anyone else remember any significant ones?

2010 should be a big year for .AU!!

•••
AU Market - Portfolio to be released

Hi all,

Our company holds a substantial portfolio of premium Australian domain names and previous sales of our domains have been above $1000.

A portion of our domains are active live sites, the rest were pending development though we are now looking to offer on the market.

All up we have 50 premium domains on offer, with a current external bid in excess of $15,000 for the portfolio.

For any Australian company who has a presence on here and is interested, pls pm me for details.

Cheers,
Mike

•••
Here are the top 10 reported sales for the year:

◦SexToys.com.au $25,500
◦Stay.com.au $14,000
◦Mortgage.net.au $13,500
◦TrinityBeach.com.au $10,000
◦WebDesign.net.au $10,000
◦Everybody.com.au $9,900
◦TouchPoint.com.au $7,500
◦NoAgent.com.au $8,000
◦JervisBay.com.au $7,450
◦EveryDrop.com.au $7,000
◦Selby.com.au $7,000

The other big change has been the price paid at the drops for some of the domains. Notable high bids include:

Townsville.com.au - $14,000
Backpackers.com.au - $16,000
Printing.com.au - $9,000
Motorhomes.com.au - $5,500

I think there were a few more over $5K but I can't recall. Anyone else remember any significant ones?

2010 should be a big year for .AU!!

Add all those sales up and it is probably enough money to sustain 3 people. I'm sure .com.au is growing alot but this is still a very small market.

•••
Australian domainers in Melbourne on Thursday, 11 February 2010
An informal meeting in Melbourne Australia of people with an interest in Domain Names

Just have a few beers and maybe order some bar food
The Bull and Bear is handy to trains, trams and buses and just around the corner from several registrars
It is in Flinders Lane between Elizabeth and Queens Streets, Melbourne
The street level bar has a piano
Meet there

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Host:
Australian Domainers Group

Date:
Thursday, 11 February 2010
Time:
18:35 - 23:35
By the Piano, The Bull and Bear, Melbourne
Street:
347 Flinders Lane
Town/City:
Melbourne, Australia

•••
•••
Was a good meetup in Melbourne last week - great to meet many of you for the first time.

Just a couple of strong results from the Australian Drop Market to report:

CarParts.com.au was caught yesterday at a high bid of A$18,000 (US$16,200)
Forex.com.au was caught a couple of weeks ago for A$30,000 (US$27,000)

Although there are some rumours emerging regarding the latter results:

Dirty doings at diggings as $30,000 paid for forex.com.au « eCommerce Report

Never a dull moment in .AU :)

•••
CarParts.com.au was caught yesterday at a high bid of A$18,000 (US$16,200)

Very strong name there, one of the best I have seen sold in .au in a long time.

•••
Anyone interested in the .AU market, Ron ran a story a few weeks back, you can find it here.

I've also put some market information into PDF form that can be downloaded here.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com | Drop.com.au

•••
•••
The Crazy Domains ad has been on Aussie television for months now. I remember seeing it back in November or December last year.

•••
and on our websites too...

Cheers
Corey

•••
Australian eyes only

Have you seen what is on NO reserve at the ww.Drop.com.au Secondary market auction tomorrow Friday 12 march 2010?
What do you reckon?
My fav. is FA.net.au
If your initials were there , would you try and get them for a buck plus the reg fee?

aj.net.au
aue.com.au
bh.net.au
bl.net.au
bn.net.au
ciw.com.au
cou.com.au
dau.com.au
dk.net.au
drk.com.au
drz.com.au
dwl.com.au
ehw.com.au
ej.net.au
en.net.au
enu.com.au
eow.com.au
epu.com.au
eub.com.au
eud.com.au
eun.com.au
euu.com.au
ewu.com.au
fa.net.au
fau.com.au
fcu.com.au
fdw.com.au
fh.net.au
fj.net.au
fnu.com.au
ftu.com.au
fuv.com.au
gd.net.au
ggv.com.au
gok.com.au
gr.net.au
gua.com.au
gyn.com.au
hau.com.au
hbu.com.au
heu.com.au
hkh.com.au
hn.net.au
igu.com.au
inw.com.au
isu.com.au
iue.com.au
jau.com.au
jh.net.au
jmh.com.au
jn.net.au
kh.net.au
ln.net.au
lr.net.au
lw.net.au
mhu.com.au
mlu.com.au
mrz.com.au
myk.com.au
nbu.com.au
nl.net.au
nnv.com.au
nr.net.au
nu.net.au
nzw.com.au
ob.net.au
of.net.au
opu.com.au
pk.net.au
pvn.com.au
qt.net.au
rau.com.au
rdv.com.au
rfu.com.au
rgw.com.au
rhu.com.au
riw.com.au
rj.net.au
rn.net.au
rur.com.au
rvi.com.au
rvn.com.au
sj.net.au
tl.net.au
tr.net.au
vd.net.au
vj.net.au
wb.net.au
wd.net.au

•••
Stats for .AU for FEB 2010

http://www.ausregistry.com.au/reports/2010/PUBLIC-201002.pdf

Registrations up 46% on Feb 2009, Renewals up 33%, Registrant Transfers (sales) up 40%

I think it was late 2007 when .AU first hit the 1m registrations mark. Looks like it's going to hit 2m before the end of the year.

Boom times indeed!

•••
Some nice 2-3 letter .com.au and .net.au domains :D

My full name initials are taken by 2 different Australian companies :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back