IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
^^^^^

I am now taking bets over PayPal for how many domains 3dDomainNames is going to spam in a roundabout way from pages 90-100.

DubDubDubDot said:
I love how this thread is 83 pages of inconspicuous spam.

Here is the template....

---
Some article text.

URL to article.

Your comment about how this is so awesome.

Your related 3D domain(s)
---

Example:

3D is exploding onto the scene. Every home in the world will have a 3DTV, 3DPC and many products will be fitted with screens so they can have 3D. Our lives are about to change.

ObscureTechSite.com/3Darticle

Sounds like pretty powerful stuff to me! Now it's only a matter of time before our domains are worth huge money.

You pretty much hit it dead on with this post. That template seems to be what this thread has devolved into. It is more about pumping domains that are owned by posters than any real "discussion".

Brad

•••
Like so many moments in this 2010 World Cup, Thursday night was yet another historical moment.

It was the first time that a rock band was filmed live in 3D. The Parlotones can claim that honour.

Sony have taken over Nelson Mandela Square, one of the football hubs of the world cup, and built a dome where they are showcasing their brand new 3D technology which includes games, film and television.

Entrance is free as are the 3D glasses you receive on arrival.

However Thursday was a closed event with Jacaranda inviting some of their closest listeners to the private party.

The Parlotones played on a stage in the corner where they were visible to the audience. But the real centre stage was a 3D television screen where the four musicians were coming-at-ya!

The sound was superb and what was interesting was that, for the first time, I realised how much The Parlotones rely on backing tapes for their live performances.

Lead singer Kahn Morbee worked the camera like the consummate performer he was. His stares and glares with his pale blue eyes went straight through to the core of his soul, made all the more intense by the up close and personal effect of 3D technology.

We were not allowed to get up and dance as this would obviously interfere with the 3D experience. This kinda gave the concert a futuristic Stanley Kubrik feel to it. And, obviously the audience looked straight outta Clockwork Orange.

But it was an unforgettable experience. We were experiencing rock music in the fourth dimension because there were the band in real life, and above us were The Parlotones were giants and just two centimetres away.

•••

Somebody by the name of "Anonymous" has been spamming my blog with 3D domain lists, but you all should know that I do moderate my comment section.

I'm not saying that it's someone from this thread--could be anyone, I suppose.

It's a big world out there.

;)

•••
You pretty much hit it dead on with this post. That template seems to be what this thread has devolved into. It is more about pumping domains that are owned by posters than any real "discussion".
Brad

To be fair, part of 'that template' involves you a dub spamming the thread so you can pump the domains in your sig...
"DataCube.com - Buy and Sell Premium Domains
Fitness.net - Coming Soon..."

and dub can pump how clever he is with his sig:
"thatisanicetvitmustbea3dtv.com Qualified inquiries only, please!"

While neither of you actually contribute much of anything by way of "any real discussion".

As far as people posting News and Developments in a given field... and others posting potential impacts on their holdings or the market in general... well congrats, you figured out the template for just about every blog, talk show, political discussion and forum on the planet.

Now that you know the template on how things work, and you clearly are in dissent of the subject matter of this thread, the next step is to hold-up your end of having a "real discussion", in a Forum, by actually pointing out the merits, and/or lack thereof, of the news items posted --and what impacts, if any, these developments will or won't have.

The last news item I posted, without pumping ANY domains or insults, was "Roxio Unveils VideoLab 3D". I included thoughts about the company, the new tool, the potential positive impacts and so forth. I held up my end of a 'real discussion' but all I got in response was the equivalent of... "SEE! I told you so!! I told you so!!"

•••
To be fair, part of 'that template' involves you a dub spamming the thread so you can pump the domains in your sig...

and dub can pump how clever he is with his sig:
"thatisanicetvitmustbea3dtv.com Qualified inquiries only, please!"

Valuable backlinks and free advertising, but not anything that most people at Namepros don't take advantage of to be honest.

I dont know if Dub has really regged that domain, I suppose some may be amused by it.

Anyway, back to 3D, I noticed that advertisers have started spending on a few of the new 3D technology keywords, mainly in the Tv and computer categories. Still a waiting game IMO.

•••
So whats wrong with posting articles from some new 3D technology (like I did 2 post ago) or some recent developements in the industry..Im just posting to notify everyone here and thought maybe some would find it interesting, its nothing about pumping my own names and some are nothing to do with my domains at all, just sharing my findings, thats all

Cmon, this shouldnt even be a discussion :-/

If having some names in our sig is "pumping our own names" and thats not acceptable, let me know and I will remove them :]

•••
•••

Having a signature with (1) link to your homepage is considered "spamming"? LOL.

Nice comparison to some people spamming this thread with hundreds of domains they own, and getting posts frequently removed because of that promotion.

Of course if you read back through this thread there are also a handful of people who frequently attack mods for taking control of this thread by deleting posts to prevent their obvious promotion attempts.

Brad

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

So whats wrong with posting articles from some new 3D technology (like I did 2 post ago) or some recent developements in the industry..Im just posting to notify everyone here and thought maybe some would find it interesting, its nothing about pumping my own names and some are nothing to do with my domains at all, just sharing my findings, thats all

Cmon, this shouldnt even be a discussion :-/

If having some names in our sig is "pumping our own names" and thats not acceptable, let me know and I will remove them :]

Giles, there is obviously nothing wrong with posting news and having discussion. However, just read back through the last few pages of this thread and the difference between the people here to discuss and the people here to pimp their names is obvious.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thought this was also a "SHOWCASE" thread, no?

Having a signature with (1) link to your homepage is considered "spamming"? LOL.

Nice comparison to some people spamming this thread with hundreds of domains they own, and getting posts frequently removed because of that promotion.

Of course if you read back through this thread there are also a handful of people who frequently attack mods for taking control of this thread by deleting posts to prevent their obvious promotion attempts.

Brad

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Giles, there is obviously nothing wrong with posting news and having discussion. However, just read back through the last few pages of this thread and the difference between the people here to discuss and the people here to pimp their names is obvious.

Brad

The Official 3D Showcase and Discussion

"... for displaying delicate or valuable articles" (?)

..or should we not 'showcase' our 'domain names' in a 'domain name showcase' thread.

o yeah ..
... and if you have something to say about me Brad- at least have the SACK to name me by name.

•••
The Official 3D Showcase and Discussion

"... for displaying delicate or valuable articles" (?)

..or should we not 'showcase' our 'domain names' in a 'domain name showcase' thread.

o yeah ..
... and if you have something to say about me Brad- at least have the SACK to name me by name.

I didn't mention any name, you must have a guilty conscience.

Which of the following makes you think it was about you?

- spamming this thread with hundreds of domains they own
- getting posts frequently removed because of that promotion
- frequently attack mods

Brad

•••
so so far off topic and not the first time sadly :( thread closed

•••
I have 3dAccount.com Please PM me if you are interesting.

•••
3D.jpg

•••
A few of my 3D domain names:

3DUpdate (dot) com/net

3DPad (dot) net/info

3DTouch (Dot) me/info/co

3Dchannel1 (dot)com

3DGame (dot) me

3DPlay (dot) net/info

3DLed (dot) info

3DGlassprint (dot) com

•••
How do you foresee value of 4L, 3Dxx.com?

Where x are basically 2 letters?

•••
Who said 3D world was going to die...? 3D printing, VR, AR... All these technologies have arrived to stay forever (unless someone invents more dimensions...). You can check out the trends (July 16th, 2016):

a) 3d Printing / Additive Manufacturing:This is going to change absolutely the way we produce, use and consume objets. It is the democratization of the design and products, almost everything you can imagine is going to be able to be produced and customised. No matter how complex is.

https://www.google.es/trends/explore#q=3d printing
https://www.google.es/trends/explore#q=additive manufacturing

b) Virtual Reality (VR):
https://www.google.es/trends/explore#q=vr
https://www.google.es/trends/explore#q=virtual reality

c) Augmented Reality (AR):
https://www.google.es/trends/explore#q=augmented reality

Here is a pretty nice 3D DN portfolio (+ others) in case someone is interested: DNforest.com ;)

Best regards

•••
3d4k.top
3d8k.top
3dcinema.top
3ddesk.top
3dlap.top

•••
•••
•••
Good ones Manu. I think I might have been checking out your site when I thought of these:

3D CRUSH
CRUSH 3D

.com

Last edited:
•••
Good ones Manu. I think I might have been checking out your site when I thought of these:

3D CRUSH
CRUSH 3D

.com

site full of gems :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
AR3Ds.com
Agency3D.com
BioPrinting3D.com
3DEU.com
3DPrescription.com

& The Best one I have Got, I feel slightly happy owning it.

3DCinemas.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back