IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.2%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't say we should go to war against NK. I am not advocating such a thing. But stop pretending 45 saved us from nuclear Armageddon. There wasn't such a threat in the first place. On the other hand Russia is a much more pressing issue, sadly this is one that 45 is completely unwilling to address. At least Kim and Putin are happy. Their wildest dream come true.

•••
Appeasement toward dictators usually doesn't work very well.
I never said there is a solution. The only solution would be regime change.

@Kate Then I misunderstood your intent but "the only solution is regime change" is a talking point from GW Bush and Barack Obama.

At some point President Obama realized his mistake and tried to deal with Iran. Unfortunately, he approached from a position of weakness.

At least President Trump has made the alternatives clear to Kim. I suspect KIM will try to give up very little. The countries negotiating know NK's history.

But stop pretending 45 saved us from nuclear Armageddon. There wasn't such a threat in the first place.

Kim threatened to test a nuclear bomb in the atmosphere over the Pacific. They were launching missiles over Japan.

Last edited:
•••
Right, wait until the next crisis and we will discuss how effective the new approach is.
I think 45 is misguided in always looking at world affairs through the lens of trade - as if Kim was interested in building hotels on the 'beautiful' beaches of NK, or attracting foreign tourists.

•••
Just bake that cake!!!

Some of these students have never considered what would happen if they objected to providing a service.

Last edited:
•••
Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case: Sources
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-cooperate-attorneys-leave-case/story?id=55861988

Donald Trump has agreed to lift sanctions on North Korea, claims nation’s state media
North Korean media is now claiming the US also agreed to lift sanctions. Truth or propaganda? Bad enough we blindsided one of our allies with a promise to discontinue joint military exercises. Lifting sanctions too in exchange for a vague promise to disarm (no timeline or verification referenced in the agreement) that NK has made and broken numerous times in the last 20 years? That would be the worst deal ever.

This is how Kim “cares for his people”,,,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisons_in_North_Korea

And his rise to power in his 20’s that 45 is praising? In part because he’s a member of a ruling dynasty, and in part accomplished by murdering his uncle and his uncle’s entire extended family...

This is a man who’s afraid someone’s going to examine his poop. He’s not interested in promoting foreign tourism,

Last edited:
•••
Weird I didn't see any objections from the left when President Obama normalized and elevated the ruthless dictator in Cuba for NOTHING in return.

C1Wi6KJXUAAwJYq[1].jpg

Just the President of the United States and his family enjoying a day at the ballpark with a ruthless tyrant.

** If I remember right, President O ended the asylum policy for Cuban refugees in exchange for NOTHING from Castro.

** weirder.. enlytend removed all references to elevating tyrants from her post.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
‘Daily Show’ Exposes Sean Hannity’s Trump-Kim Hypocrisy
‘Is it just me or does it look like President Obama is more willing to give his time to our enemies than our allies?’ the Fox News host asked in 2013.

"we're dealing with the worlds worst dictators and showing a lot of weakness"

Certainly an air of hypocrisy but the two situations are not exactly comparable. Obama supported the tyrant In Cuba and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

With Iran, President Obama started the negotiation by elevating Iran to an equal and secretly helped them convert their currency to euros and dollars.

President Trump started from a place of power, used that leverage to gain China's cooperation. Then after Kim reached out through South Korea, President Trump quickly accepted the offer to talk.

Truth is in the details. Really not the same at all.

Last edited:
•••
Reminder: Trump scrapped the Iran nuclear agreement despite there being controls in place.
Whereas the text of the US-NK summit doesn't even mention denuclearization and is nothing more than a rehash of previous - and unmet - commitments. Elevating Kim to an equal.
Kim Win - Xi Win.
PS: gotta admit that 45 is a man with a vision: he can already see the condos on those beaches.

•••
Reminder: Trump scrapped the Iran nuclear agreement despite there being controls in place.
Whereas the text of the US-NK summit doesn't even mention denuclearization and is nothing more than a rehash of previous - and unmet - commitments. Elevating Kim to an equal.
Kim Win - Xi Win.
PS: gotta admit that 45 is a man with a vision: he can already see the condos on those beaches.

US-NK deal isn't a treaty, only an agreement that NK will remove it's nuclear weapons in exchange for a conditional promise not to destroy NK government and provide financial aid.

I don't know why this is so hard. Negotiations didn't stop at the end of the meeting. The whole thing will have to pass the US Senate before it becomes a US treaty.

•••
This may be the best or worst campaign ever.

•••
Some of these students have never considered what would happen if they objected to providing a service.

Have to laugh at that video, because it was shot at my daughter's university, George Washington University in D.C. and her campus is over run with student/professor liberalism! I love the way he turns the tables on the students! The 7-2 Supreme Court ruling should have been 9-0. I remember when I was young many stores had signs on them saying "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" The good old days!

•••
Dennis Hof, Nevada's most famous pimp, wins GOP primary

"LAS VEGAS — Pimp Dennis Hof, owner of half a dozen legal brothels in Nevada and star of the HBO adult reality series "Cathouse," won a Republican primary for the state Legislature on Tuesday, ousting a three-term lawmaker.

"It's all because Donald Trump was the Christopher Columbus for me," Hof told The Associated Press in a phone call. "He found the way and I jumped on it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...rimary/ar-AAyzxDo?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

•••
•••
Now we could imagine a different albeit similar situation involving a Muslim (or otherwise) worker refusing to bake a Christian cake out of religious feelings.
I can hardly imagine the uproar in this thread.

•••
•••
Now we could imagine a different albeit similar situation involving a Muslim (or otherwise) worker refusing to bake a Christian cake out of religious feelings.
I can hardly imagine the uproar in this thread.

I'd just go to a different bakery.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I think 45 is misguided in always looking at world affairs through the lens of trade - as if Kim was interested in building hotels on the 'beautiful' beaches of NK, or attracting foreign tourists.

I think he is misguided as well in that way. He is myopic. But considering nobody else has had any success negotiating with NK, may as well give him a chance. Kim obviously is interested in attracting foreign tourists, and the beaches in Korea are as beautiful as anywhere. Problem is they don't have a long beach season.

•••
I think he is misguided as well in that way. He is myopic. But considering nobody else has had any success negotiating with NK, may as well give him a chance. Kim obviously is interested in attracting foreign tourists, and the beaches in Korea are as beautiful as anywhere. Problem is they don't have a long beach season.

Another problem:
There’s so much poverty in that country and people have been shielded from the outside world and western lifestyles for so long.
What effect would it have on the general population become aware of these luxury condos and see rich foreign tourists? Would it spark an uprising or attempted uprising? Unrest? I mean, that would be a good thing, but I doubt Kim would see it that way. This is a country that “re-educates” those who don’t toe the propaganda line closely enough.

•••
•••
This is a country that “re-educates” those who don’t toe the propaganda line closely enough.
They do a lot worse than that. I'm pretty familiar with the country, though I have only been to the borders in both SK and China. I have met several North Koreans, shared drinks and dinner with them, and read the accounts of people who escaped.

For sure, loosening an iron grip can result in the downfall of the dictator. Machiavelli 101. But people in NK are starting to learn about the outside world. Kim is in a difficult spot. He has the tiger by the tail. He can hardly retire and tell everybody they free. He would be a marked man. But it's also questionable how long he can continue the oppression. I think some of his more extreme actions have been to project an image of strength and to inspire terror in his enemies, precisely because he knows he is vulnerable.

I don't see any way he can navigate his position without losing. I think he is trying, and that's why he will try diplomacy for a bit. Maybe he is just trying to postpone the inevitable as long as possible.

•••
Sarah Sanders, Raj Shah planning to depart the White House
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-depart-the-white-house/ar-AAyBNSZ?li=BBnb7Kz

Has to wear on you after awhile, the constant lying.

I heard Scott Baio will be Sarah's replacement, he did such a good job with those kids.

"Nobody wants to come in," a source close to the administration said. "So they've gone through two rounds and now they're at 3rd tier of people who are just lucking out—battlefield promotion ends up promoting people who aren't qualified for the position."

Oh, Sarah says no:

Does @CBSNews know something I don’t about my plans and my future? I was at my daughter’s year-end Kindergarten event and they ran a story about my “plans to leave the WH” without even talking to me. I love my job and am honored to work for @POTUS

8:51 PM - Jun 13, 2018
56a945b49ef65a56895245902ec3978a.png

-----------------

"BREAKING: Michael Cohen no longer has legal representation, and a source tells ABC he is going to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York. This would mean Cohen flipped on Trump. Which would be the most devastating blow to him yet. It could end his presidency. Tick-tock."

-----------------
Exclusive: Trump looking to erect tent cities to house unaccompanied children'
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article213026379.html

Last edited:
•••
Back