IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same in the sense that voting for either wont change anything. Wars, Economic depression, Debt, Poverty, Unemployment. None of those things will change with either party, period.
Both parties are slaves to global business.
Rmoney wont be much different than Obama and Obama wont be much different than Rmoney. There will be absolutly no fundmental change. Dont vote. Voting is legitimizing the system. 2 piles of poop, which would you prefer?

•••
Same in the sense that voting for either wont change anything. Wars, Economic depression, Debt, Poverty, Unemployment. None of those things will change with either party, period.

And yet these all changed with exception of Debt under Reagan and Clinton, And you look in your crystal ball and tell us they wont change under Romney?, How do you draw that conclusion?

Romney is not my favorite candidate by any means, but one this in this election is for certain, Romney will be a HUGE improvement to the radical ideologue we have right now, without a doubt.

•••
And yet these all changed with exception of Debt under Reagan and Clinton, And you look in your crystal ball and tell us they wont change under Romney?, How do you draw that conclusion?

Romney is not my favorite candidate by any means, but one this in this election is for certain, Romney will be a HUGE improvement to the radical ideologue we have right now, without a doubt.

RaiderGirl I have a question for you.
Would you rather have Romney now or Jeb Bush in 2016 for 8 years?

I have said earlier that I believe gong by history that Obama will keep the White House and the republicans will get it back in 2016 and that I believe it will be either Chris Christie or Jeb Bush.

If Romney were to take it now that would just screw it up for Jeb, and the Republican party would really love to have Jeb in the White House.

•••
RaiderGirl I have a question for you.
Would you rather have Romney now or Jeb Bush in 2016 for 8 years?

Please read my signature again where it reads "America cannot sustain another 4 years"..Obama winning re-election would be catastrophic, You only have to look at his policies and actions of the last 3 1/2 years to draw that conclusion.

Removing Obama from office is the single most important thing the American People need to do... And who knows, Romney just might get this country back on track and win re-election in 2016.

As for Jeb, I think we had enough of the Moderate Bushies, this country needs a true conservative and not a pussy trying to appease both parties on ideology.

•••
Mitt Romney aide tells Stupid Liberal reporters to "Kiss my ass" and "Shove it" in Poland. :laugh:

I'd be interested to know if they did or not (kiss his ass) since they've had 5 years of experience kissing Obama's ass. Perhaps a little ass kissing variety would do them good. They should experiment some Republican ass for a change; who knows, they may even like it. :kickass: (that's supposed to read "Kiss Ass")

Here's one of the very intelligent questions one of the idiot reporters asked (screamed).
"Governor Romney do you feel that your gaffes have overshadowed your foreign trip?"

•••
Please read my signature again where it reads "America cannot sustain another 4 years"..Obama winning re-election would be catastrophic, You only have to look at his policies and actions of the last 3 1/2 years to draw that conclusion.

Well, I have to disagree with you there.
Nothing in the last 3 1/2 years from Obama has been Catastrophic as you say. Using the term catastrophic is just more rhetoric

The great rescission was catastrophic but that had started and was in the works for a while before Obama came in.
The auto companies are far better now then they were 4 years ago, Osama's dead and that make me happy.
Obama hasn't done everything right but what he has done is far from Catastrophic.

•••
Auto companies in better shape now?
Well, Ford is because they refused to take money!
Chrysler, obama gave the company to fiat!
Chebbie? They are in such crap shape, they are looking to have china buy them out!

Money we lost because obama has to stimulate the auto companies (actually he did it to pay back the unions that supported him)?

Money obama stimulated overseas? Humongous amount!

Jobs lost because of his auto stimulation? Still in the thousands to tens of thousands!

Jobs lost because of his policies? Well, look at the poverty rate, the number of people out of work, those who quit looking for work, the number who went on welfare, the number who went on disability, and on and on!

The man freaking ruined our country!
The USA is the laughing stock of the world because of this bowing and scraping the floor president!

Don't get me started on this pos.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

DMAN LIE AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!!
As usual, people only believe the first thing they hear from the liberal press!

Now go and get the real freaking story!
It as NOT Mitt Romney, but an aide of his.
Who (unlike those liberals) apoligized to those involved!

Come on, before you post, make damn sure it is true!

Mitt Romney aide tells Stupid Liberal reporters to "Kiss my ass" and "Shove it" in Poland. :laugh:

I'd be interested to know if they did or not (kiss his ass) since they've had 5 years of experience kissing Obama's ass. Perhaps a little ass kissing variety would do them good. They should experiment some Republican ass for a change; who knows, they may even like it. :kickass: (that's supposed to read "Kiss Ass")

Here's one of the very intelligent questions one of the idiot reporters asked (screamed).
"Governor Romney do you feel that your gaffes have overshadowed your foreign trip?"

•••
"As usual, people only believe the first thing they hear from the liberal press!

Now go and get the real freaking story!"

Ok, this is your chance, for both you and Gilsan. Since you both keep mentioning this "liberal press" or "MSM". Please list your sources of information, since it's not mainstream media it must be........? Links. Tell me where I should be getting the "real" news. I'm interested in where you guys are getting your information from.

In the other thread, I demonstrated with examples, that the mainstream media talks about everything and everybody. I made an open offer for somebody to tell me a news story that's not being reported and said I bet I could go find the MSM talking about it. Nobody took me up on it, because I realize it's hard to back up nonsense.

So list some sources I should check out, I want to get the "real freaking story".

And this nonsense:

"The man freaking ruined our country!"

Dramatic much? Let's see, he inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression. How can he be responsible for that, when he wasn't even in office?

Last edited:
•••
Auto companies in better shape now?
Well, Ford is because they refused to take money!
Chrysler, obama gave the company to fiat!
Chebbie? They are in such crap shape, they are looking to have china buy them out!

Money we lost because obama has to stimulate the auto companies (actually he did it to pay back the unions that supported him)?

Money obama stimulated overseas? Humongous amount!

Jobs lost because of his auto stimulation? Still in the thousands to tens of thousands!

Jobs lost because of his policies? Well, look at the poverty rate, the number of people out of work, those who quit looking for work, the number who went on welfare, the number who went on disability, and on and on!

The man freaking ruined our country!
The USA is the laughing stock of the world because of this bowing and scraping the floor president!

Don't get me started on this pos.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

If you remember correctly Daimler a German company owned Chrysler up until 2007 and they ran it into the ground. Fiat is doing a better job so far with Chrysler. Numbers dont lie.
Fiat took it over in 2009 and is still cleaning up Daimler's mess.

2006 2,142,505 decrease 7%
2007 2,076,650 decrease 3.1%
2008 1,453,122 decrease 30%
2009 931,402 decrease 36%
2010 1,085,211 increase 17%
2011 1,369,114 increase 26%

GM's numbers

2004 4,707,416 decrease 1.0%
2005 4,517,730 decrease 4.0%
2006 4,124,645 decrease 8.7%
2007 3,866,620 decrease 6.3%
2008 2,980,688 decrease 22.9%
2009 2,084,492 decrease 30.1%
2010 2,215,227 increase 6.3%
2011 2,503,820 increase 13.7%

Jobs were being lost for many many years in the Auto industry way before Obama took office.

And the unemployment rate which began to rise with the fall of the housing market and financial crises, again started before Obama took office peaked in Oct 2009 and has since dropped to 8.2.

2008 5.0 4.9 5.1 5.0 5.4 5.6 5.8 6.1 6.1 6.5 6.8 7.3
2009 7.8 8.3 8.7 8.9 9.4 9.5 9.5 9.6 9.8 10.0 9.9 9.9
2010 9.7 9.8 9.8 9.9 9.6 9.4 9.5 9.6 9.5 9.5 9.8 9.4
2011 9.1 9.0 8.9 9.0 9.0 9.1 9.1 9.1 9.0 8.9 8.7 8.5
2012 8.3 8.3 8.2 8.1 8.2 8.2

No the man didn't ruin out country, the country has been in trouble way before he got in the White House.
I just dont like to see people pile everything on one guy when most of the problems began before he took office and it has got better, not a whole lot better but better none the less.

Remember it takes two to tango and Congress has a lot of blood on their hands.

:)

•••
The subprime mortgage mess, housing crisis and bank bailouts happened on Dubya's watch. Obama inherited a big pile of s*** and didn't bring a big enough shovel.

I'm not happy with him either - he's a wimp. Lots of talk but when push comes to shove he ends up going with half-assed solutions that don't make anyone happy. I wish there was a better candidate. Romney hasn't convinced me and ideologically we're pretty far apart. I think many people will be voting for whichever of the two they think is the "least-worst." That's the norm at the state level where I live. (I voted for Christie not because I was impressed but because Corzine was an embarassment and a walking train-wreck.)

Guess what? As of today, insurers have to cover preventative womens' health care! For years, lower income women were at risk because insurance plans either didn't cover these services or if they did there were high co-pays and deductibles which they may not have been able to afford. Women delayed or ignored care because of the expense. Women died because they delayed care.

I know this is going to touch off a chorus of whining, but preventative care and early diagnosis is LESS expensive for everyone, including the insurers. And it saves lives.

Last edited:
•••

I wrote: Mitt Romney aide tells Stupid Liberal reporters to "Kiss my ass" and "Shove it" in Poland. I didn't say it was Mitt Romney who said it.

Last edited:
•••
"And yet these all changed with exception of Debt under Reagan and Clinton, And you look in your crystal ball and tell us they wont change under Romney?, How do you draw that conclusion?" they look at what came before and after both of those 2 terms. The bubble has to burst at some point, its kind of like hot potato. Under Regan there were the wars in central america, the Iraq-Iran war (we supported Iraq) except when it had to do with a particular general.
Under Clinton there was the war against Serbia.
Rmoney is an "ideologue" so what is the big diff?

Voting for president is SYMBOLIC sure -officaly- he is the head of state and he can do some excutive order stuff ,but really, you really think the pres runs things? Do not kid yourself. A voter turn out of around 5% , that would send a SYMBOLIC message, that this system is broken. That would have a MUCH bigger impact than changing Rmoney for Obama. Tune in Turn on Dont Vote / Praise the loardy dont vote for a Morman.

•••
Having followed US politics for 50+ years, I have come to the conclusion that Americans get the Government you all deserve.

Get out there and make a difference. Stop being so apathetic about the IDIOTS that are / have / will be in power. Sitting on your big fat ASS watching your country go down the DRAIN.
Think, Agitate, React, Campaign, Donate, Help out, VOTE. Join or start a new political party, there is more to politics than just Republicans and Democrats (Don't get me started on the TeaParty idiots).
Do whatever it takes to get real effective leadership and governance. It is not presidents that make a difference, it is the attitudes of the people that allow clowns to be your leaders.

Just don't accept whatever is dished up by idiots that in a real democracy wouldn't be allowed to empty the trashcan.
Remember
"Government of the people, by the people, for the people"

Last edited:
•••
Old guy like me!

Very true.
And those who gripe the loudest are usually the ones who did not vote.

Having followed US politics for 50+ years, I have come to the conclusion that Americans get the Government you deserve.

Get out there and make a difference. Stop being so apathetic about the IDIOTS that are / have / will be in power.
Agitate, React, Campaign, Donate, Help out, VOTE.
Do whatever it takes to get real effective leadership and governance.

Just don't accept whatever is dished up by idiots that in a real democracy wouldn't be allowed to empty the trashcan.
Remember
"Government of the people, by the people, for the people"

•••
Adam Smith, the Chick-fil-A hater apologizes after being fired from his firm, after his disgusting, bullying attitude towards a Chick-fil-A employee, who handled this moron with all the class in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nmP9Shki6_I

I'm sure he will have no problems in finding a job now. The mayors of Chicago, Boston and San Francisco will welcome this Chick-fil-A hater with open arms.

Here is the idiots original Video Rant:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-jzlWcc0E&list=FLyrz9haPmKNpnyI1lcbT4vA&index=1&feature=plpp_video"]Former Lecturer/Corporate CFO Bullies Chick-fil-A Clerk - YouTube[/ame]

Wow! talk about intolerance!
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/chick-fil-a-kiss-hate-graffiti-vandalized.html

Even more disgusting intolerance!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/so-...-protest-that-you-may-or-may-not-want-to-see/

Last edited:
•••
Listen carefully.
He did not apologize.
Just sorry he was caught making a dumb mistake.

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But, since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go. So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them. I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

•••
Looks like Romney picks Paul Ryan as VP running mate.

Personally I dont think he should have picked him.

•••
WASHINGTON | Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:41pm EDT
(Reuters) - Democratic strategists were stunned on Friday by a statement released by former U.S. Congressman Anthony Weiner that he and current Attorney General Eric Holder have formed a new dream team to challenge the Obama Biden primary ticket. Flash mobs in several large cities chanted "Weiner Holder! Weiner Holder!" until police restored order. Economists have raised GDP guidance based on an expected surge of bumper sticker manufacturing and domain name registrations.

•••
Listen carefully.
He did not apologize.
Just sorry he was caught making a dumb mistake.
Why do these big mouth, no cojones idiots always apologize afterwards, when everyone knows they don't mean it?

What do you think of Paul Ryan being picked for VP? Was it a good choice?. I was hoping for Rubio.

•••
"What do you think of Paul Ryan being picked for VP?"

Well, Romney is already behind in the polls, now he'll fall even further behind. This one is over.

•••
What do you think of Paul Ryan being picked for VP? Was it a good choice?. I was hoping for Rubio.

I think it was a mistake and it will probably be just controversial enough to cause a lot of headaches for Romney.

•••
"What do you think of Paul Ryan being picked for VP?"

Well, Romney is already behind in the polls, now he'll fall even further behind. This one is over.
rom what I've read a lot of these polls have up 15% more Democrats being polled than Republicans. How can you believe in them being fair?

Did Democrats win by a margin of 15% in the last elections? And whats the reason that Ryan is so bad for Romney. How can you tell he's bad just a few hours after he was nominated? Aren't you jumping the gun?

•••
rom what I've read a lot of these polls have up 15% more Democrats being polled than Republicans. How can you believe in them being fair?

Did Democrats win by a margin of 15% in the last elections? And whats the reason that Ryan is so bad for Romney. How can you tell he's bad just a few hours after he was nominated? Aren't you jumping the gun?

They're usually randomly selected people, so it usually bears out to the election:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Plus intrade now has Obama up 58% - 38%.

I'm basing it on what I've read so far. Democrats being giddy over this pick, his idea to turn Medicare into a voucher program, voting with Bush 90%+ of the time etc.

With the economy the way it is, Romney should be up in the polls, he's not. What's new that is going to come out about Obama, economy etc?

This is an interesting little chart, this election vs the one 4 years ago, same time period:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...12_vs_election_2008_four_years_ago_today.html

This is where he is at on issues:
http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Paul_Ryan.htm/

Last edited:
•••
With the economy the way it is, Romney should be up in the polls, he's not. What's new that is going to come out about Obama, economy etc?
Romney wants to talk about the economy but the Liberal Media keep talking about Bain Capital and Mitt's Tax returns. They've been at this for about 2 months!!! it's like a broken record...

A large % of the US Media is really pathetic and biased. Gone are the days (when Nixon was President) that the Media was on the side of the people and the truth, not in bed with politicians and in the case of the US mostly biased towards Democrats nowadays.

They use all the dirty tricks in the book including biased polls (how can Obama be up 58% - 38%?) to convince people that Romney is useless while kissing Obama's ass all the time. Don't you feel embarrassed to have such a biased media in your country or have you been so brainwashed by them, that you've reached a point where you no longer need to think who to vote for because the Liberal media will do it for you.

•••
Romney wants to talk about the economy but the Liberal Media keep talking about Bain Capital and Mitt's Tax returns. They've been at this for about 2 months!!! it's like a broken record...

A large % of the US Media is really pathetic and biased. Gone are the days (when Nixon was President) that the Media was on the side of the people and the truth, not in bed with politicians and in the case of the US mostly biased towards Democrats nowadays.

They use all the dirty tricks in the book including biased polls (how can Obama be up 58% - 38%?) to convince people that Romney is useless while kissing Obama's ass all the time. Don't you feel embarrassed to have such a biased media in your country or have you been so brainwashed by them, that you've reached a point where you no longer need to think who to vote for because the Liberal media will do it for you.

It's like a broken record...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back