Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
About the issues of taxes.

It's true, even the Potus is under no obligation to release his tax records.
But politicians seeking top office have to be more transparent than an ordinary citizen more and they deserve extra scrutiny. Especially when they claim to be cleaner than their competitors, pose as swamp drainers.
By law they have to make a number of disclosures though.

And yet he said in 2014 he would release his tax records if he decides to run for office.

He claims others are corrupt, his opponents are crooked but he's the only one who has not released his taxes go figure.
Trump is still a businessman moonlighting as President of the United States. He's riddled with conflicts of interests. Too busy running his own business empire to focus on the national interest. Hence zero attention to details.

It's quite telling that Trump is so protective of his finances. But he happily leaks State secrets, is reckless with intelligence, uses unsecured mobile phones.
And he is also under investigation by the State of NY over an alleged massive tax cheat.
So what is there that he does not want you to see ?

He says Amazon (owned by his nemesis Bezos) does not pay taxes, that is not even accurate. What is true is that Amazon and other big corps are taking advantage of favorable tax schemes enacted under his administration like TCJA.
Let me think. Perhaps his own business benefits too ? Wouldn't it be another conflict of interest ? Passing laws in your own interest ? Insider trading ?

Look, I consider tax records private, so if mine were leaked against my will I would be angry.
But I would not be ashamed, because they would reveal that I am paying my fair share of taxes, and in fact that I am making above average contributions.
Trump boasts about a lot of things, including his sexual prowess. But his taxes are a red line. Interesting :xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
As usual, Kim is playing the game. Blames the other party. That's what happens when you engage with a despot from a position of weakness and naïveté.
Kim is not giving up his nukes ever, he's only interested in extracting concessions.
He has already achieved equal status and ridiculed American diplomacy.

I don't see that as his game at all. And I say that as someone who lives in one of his closest missile targets, and as a frequent visitor to Korea. And I have talked to many people in the region who think Trump may be the one to get the breakthrough. Many of them don't like Trump, but they aren't obsessed with him and can look at things rationally. The experienced diplomats and politicians have all failed. Trump shoots from the hip, and that sometimes is a good thing - especially when dealing with guys like Kim.

Looking at it from Kim's perspective, he has no choice but to be brutal. There is no way to extract himself from the brutality of the regime without becoming a casualty himself. He is looking for a way out, but it isn't easy.

I find it fascinating that all these Americans have all these opinions about North Korea without even the slightest knowledge of basic facts. It's just Trump this, Trump that - a very small world they live in. Sad. And worse, dangerous.

•••
The experienced diplomats and politicians have all failed.
Then what makes you think the apprentices, the dreamers and the naïve are going to succeed. But nobody said it was easy. Unfortunately there is little to negotiate with Kim. It's more about containment than negotiation. Nobody has a solution or an easy way. I am not expecting Trump to accomplish miracles, that would be unfair.
However there is a broader consensus on how not to do it, and his loser approach is doomed to fail.

I find it fascinating that all these Americans have all these opinions about North Korea without even the slightest knowledge of basic facts. It's just Trump this, Trump that - a very small world they live in. Sad. And worse, dangerous.
Take for example Trump when he says the beaches of NK are beautiful, and would be a perfect location for condos and hotels. He's not thinking like a president but like the real estate mogul he has always been.
It's like he has never read any briefing. He's got to be joking but no.
If he thinks Kim has any interest in this, or wants to expose his people to Western influences he is off the mark, badly. He completely misunderstands the nature of the adversary.
This kind of delusion is very dangerous.

•••
Have to say, Trump got a great Publicist when he hired William Barr.

•••
•••
Mueller report to be released any moment....

b8bf2574cebf3eaa4635f6931589cc6d.gif

•••
•••
•••
Jesse Kelly‏Verified account @JesseKellyDC Apr 13
These #IStandWithIlhan people don’t realize she’s a walking billboard for changing America’s immigration policies. Imagine escaping an open sewer like Somalia where 98% of the women undergo female genital mutilation, only to crap on the country that took your family in.

•••
•••
•••
•••
An Attorney General's job is not to "protect" the president.

2019-04-18_1212.png

This one speaks for itself ...

2019-04-18_1210.png

Conclusion: "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state." NOT exonerated.
2019-04-18_1214.png

Anyone just starting to read, part 2 starts around page 208.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Considering the charges were false, I'd say the AG job was to protect the innocent.

An Attorney General's job is not to "protect" the president.

Show attachment 116272

This one speaks for itself ...

Show attachment 116271
Conclusion: "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state." NOT exonerated.
Show attachment 116273
Anyone just starting to read, part 2 starts around page 208.

•••
•••
The fact that he's calling Roy Cohn a "great lawyer" says a lot about what he values in a lawyer...
(a "fixer.")

•••
Raise your hand if your disappointed in the Muller report... so we know who to laugh at.
--
@KimStrassel
4) Barr seemed to be reminding people of obvious: there is a difference between words/actions. Keep that in mind while reading entire "obstruction" section. Did president ever "do" anything to impede investigation? It wud seem no.

•••
aaaa.png

ff.png

ff2.png

ff3.png

Should have interviewed him several times :xf.laugh:

ee2.png

•••
OLC = Office of Legal Counsel. Sounds like Congress was expected to act on this information.
2019-04-18_1330.png

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back