Dynadot

The nightmare that is Escrow.com - $22900 sale - Intra-registrar push and now you want me to retract the push ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jeff Weller

I buy traffic domains including typos & fail listsEstablished Member
Impact
The incompetence @ Escrow.com is stunning. I'm almost lost for words. I don't sell many domains - Unlike a lot of you - I'm not a domain investor - I'm a parking guy. I sell one a year. Over the years, almost every single transaction handled by Escrow.com has had at least a minor issue. But for some reason - I still use them by default (until now). This is by leaps and bounds my biggest sale ever. I insisted that the buyer open an account with my registrar so I could push the domain and get paid promptly. They wired the funds on Friday. Escrow.com sent me an email that they had secured funds and that I should transfer the domain. So I did. When I inquired about how long it would take to process payment in the event the buyer didn't log back in to complete the transaction (1 day inspection) the customer rep explained there was a problem. In fact the funds had not yet been secured. There was an issue. That was Friday. A few minutes ago I got an email in horribly broken English advising me to "retract the domain". Now, it won't be one business until around noon on Monday - so I'm not completely freaked out as I'm confident the wire was sent and this should get resolved eventually - albeit with a delay.
But as warning to other domainers - DON'T TRUST ANYTHING, EVER, you are told by Escrow.com until you have double and triple verified it. The great Sam Kinison used to say "a million idiots all in one place, usually they're spread out, one to a village". Truer words were never spoken.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the wire will take some times, usually a few days

•••
The incompetence @ Escrow.com is stunning. I'm almost lost for words. I don't sell many domains - Unlike a lot of you - I'm not a domain investor - I'm a parking guy. I sell one a year. Over the years, almost every single transaction handled by Escrow.com has had at least a minor issue. But for some reason - I still use them by default (until now). This is by leaps and bounds my biggest sale ever. I insisted that the buyer open an account with my registrar so I could push the domain and get paid promptly. They wired the funds on Friday. Escrow.com sent me an email that they had secured funds and that I should transfer the domain. So I did. When I inquired about how long it would take to process payment in the event the buyer didn't log back in to complete the transaction (1 day inspection) the customer rep explained there was a problem. In fact the funds had not yet been secured. There was an issue. That was Friday. A few minutes ago I got an email in horribly broken English advising me to "retract the domain". Now, it won't be one business until around noon on Monday - so I'm not completely freaked out as I'm confident the wire was sent and this should get resolved eventually - albeit with a delay.
But as warning to other domainers - DON'T TRUST ANYTHING, EVER, you are told by Escrow.com until you have double and triple verified it. The great Sam Kinison used to say "a million idiots all in one place, usually they're spread out, one to a village". Truer words were never spoken.
Hi Jeff! We've sent you a DM. Kindly check.

•••
Back