IT.COM

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems this Thread and niche is dead already.....

•••

I've seen several billboards in my area for "tap" banking. Can't remember which bank is advertising though.

•••
NFC is moving forward every day... thread might not be so active, but NFC technology is in the news everyday...

•••
Finally sold a wallet domain,

Wallet 2 Wallet
Wallet to Wallet
$1500 both

Both .com's
The offer actually came in last January but I thought I could get more, went back and forth for 6 months, also tried to find other buyers but I finally just took the $1500

Hand reg'd both last year thanks to this thread.
Rep to the OP

:)

•••
Finally sold a wallet domain,

Wallet 2 Wallet
Wallet to Wallet
$1500 both

Both .com's
The offer actually came in last January but I thought I could get more, went back and forth for 6 months, also tried to find other buyers but I finally just took the $1500

Hand reg'd both last year thanks to this thread.
Rep to the OP

:)

Excellent work Len

Cheers

Stu

•••
•••
•••
NFC Symposium Report...
Last month, we conducted a survey regarding the status of Near Field Communications. One of the focus areas centred on mass adoption of NFC: what are the key reasons why the technology has not fully taken-off yet, despite years of promises and investments? Over 100 respondents, from MNO’s, Banks and Retailers to TSM’s, Handset & RFID manufacturers took part and gave their feedback, creating an interesting overview of the ecosystem.

Here is what you can learn:

• - 65% agreed that in order to get a true mass adoption, NFC should focus on educating the masses about non-payment opportunities, and that once this is accomplished, payment will naturally follow.
    - NFC as a technology is right now most interesting for Transport & Ticketing (39.8%), followed by Retail (25%), Payments & Wallets (19.3%), and then Access Control & Authentication (15.9%).
    - The lack of support from Apple means a large portion of smartphone market-share is not NFC-enabled.
    - Complicated business model: A large ecosystem with so many players involved hinders the development and implementation of the technology
    - Cost of the technology: there is still uncertainty about who will gain what, and who will own the costs.
    - There is a lack of public education/awareness campaigns into NFC leading to public concerns about security and ease of use.
The overall feedback was a clear indication that NFC is in need of a new approach. While the payment aspect will clearly be the profit generator down the line, the ecosystem now needs to unite together in order to raise public awareness about the technology and show that it is not just another mobile payment solution. It is critical to expose innovative user cases of NFC from beyond payment, within Transport & Ticketing, Retail, and Access Control & Authentication.

•••
I have just sold -

MobileMoneyApp.com - $600

Cheers

•••
•••
I own nfcrealestate dot com
No idea about the value, saw that there are some early adopters but still nothing "mainstream"

•••
•••
Just sold -

NFC + keyword.com - $ 1, 900

•••
•••
•••
•••
Can you tell us what the "keyword" is?
curious in this niche.

It was nfcsite (com), buyer has pulled out halfway through escrow, very gutted but that's domaining for you I guess.

Cheers

•••
It was nfcsite (com), buyer has pulled out halfway through escrow, very gutted but that's domaining for you I guess.

Cheers
Sorry to hear that Stu :(
I know how you feel, a buyer of mine pulled out last week of a $14k deal >:(

You would think when someone enters into escrow they know for sure they want that domain and can pay for it.
But as they say, Sh!t happens :(

•••
Sorry to hear that Stu :(
I know how you feel, a buyer of mine pulled out last week of a $14k deal >:(

You would think when someone enters into escrow they know for sure they want that domain and can pay for it.
But as they say, Sh!t happens :(

Wow, $14k....makes my deal sound little.

Appreciate the comment mate, I know other deals are round the corner, head down and carry on I guess.

Cheers

•••
Caught a wallet name that I did try to buy a while back -

(com)

TabletWallet

•••

Cheers

Thanks for sharing, sorry it didn't go through.

Good Luck on the next one :)

•••
•••
Just regged:
WalletMaster dot com

Regards,
Vitaliy

:wave:

•••

Hand regged Tapii (the dot com).

There's a story behind this one; last month, when I was overseas, I had this domain in my GoDaddy cart ($5 BIN), but I couldn't complete any sales without the help of my rep. Anyhow, BIN domains only stay in your cart for two hours and then are released back into the auction sea, and my rep didn't see my email in time. Because it was a BIN on its last legs, it simply expired off the auction list.

My rep couldn't retrieve it (Godaddy rules, perhaps after the AD situation), so that was that. Let live and move on. And I forgot about it.

Today, LoveLogo released its weekly available list, and there it was, first in line:

At this point, I'm not even sure I wanted it that much, but now it was the principle of the thing.

Besides, I used one of those FREE (with a number) "keeps on giving" coupons that is hanging around the GD coupon thread.

And I think it has great potential as a "tap" name. I already have an idea for a logo (the two capital "II's" tapping against each other.

This is my only tap name--I just fell for the symmetry of the two ii's, and, perhaps, an end user will feel the same way.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back