IT.COM

The next DAN.com...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I am surprised I haven't heard yet but I must say, I am surprised no one has tried to take DAN's place.

I feel like setting up the marketplace itself wouldn't be too bad. It would really be the risk involved with processing payments and transferring domains.

I am just surprised that 10 websites didn't pop up offering 4%/9% commissions as soon as GoDaddy announced the new pricing schemes for their platforms.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice. Have you had many domainers sign up for your platform?

No, just a few. I mainly had it developed to use for my own website and made an agreement with my coder that I could resell the platform, but I didn’t really do much to promote it. I already run 2 other companies, and I just didn’t have the badwidth to dedicate to that.

I do love having my own domain-sales website and I sell many more domains directly than I do on Afternic or Sedo, which saves me a lot in commissions. I definitely recommend it.

•••
Dan was never good enough. Currently it is great to make your domains not resolve and not sell.
I don't trust Daaz, because they had an auction, they accepted lots of junk, but refused to include a premium one, and maybe they bought it later.
Sedo is great for lowballs, and donating your contact info for nothing.
All can be great once a deal-payment is made. But what happens before a payment, is the problem. An agent makes a lowball, and you never know it, can't do followup etc.

Create your own landing page.
Noone should know it is your landing page.
How can this be done.
Epik was good, until it was not.
Dynadot and others should create indexable default landing pages without ppc junk, or captcha.

•••
Dynadot and others should create indexable default landing pages without ppc junk, or captcha.
Dynadot really could perhaps be an industry leader at this point, if they proceeded with the landers without the ppc. But, in terms of captcha, wouldn't that be helpful to increase the likelihood of valid offers? Likewise, wouldn't having the email verification as well be best, to help further make certain the offers are legit?

•••
Dynadot really could perhaps be an industry leader at this point, if they proceeded with the landers without the ppc. But, in terms of captcha, wouldn't that be helpful to increase the likelihood of valid offers? Likewise, wouldn't having the email verification as well be best, to help further make certain the offers are legit?

I forgot to say ... landing pages..with contact form. Captcha can be good when people send messages, but not when bots and people visit a domain.

(Also, most contact forms on web sites seem to not work. For example they say, captcha answer is wrong, but there was no captcha question. Big sites make such mistakes as well. Maybe webdesigners/templates are doing more than just designing: creating backdoors, redirecting messages, showing affiliate links etc.)

Dynadot can claim: we can't offer such low prices without ppc. No, they can make a lot more from sales.
If Epik works, Dynadot would work as well.
Also they must add some tracking, just like Epik does.

Last edited:
•••
I do love having my own domain-sales website and I sell many more domains directly than I do on Afternic or Sedo, which saves me a lot in commissions. I definitely recommend it.
Do you keep privacy off on your domains as well?

If someone is looking to buy your domain, wouldn't checking Whois be a logical step for them? And, if they see that your lander email is the same as the Whois email contact for the domain, does that give added credibility fo the validity of your lander? And to you as a seller?

Congrats on developinig your own domain-sale website and the sales. Sounds like you have a winning strategy!

•••
Sedo: their landing pages look nice, the commission is 10%:
https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-p...le-template-brings-attention-to-your-domains/

Squadhelp standard listings: many features and great-looking landing pages for just 7.5% commission:
  • 7.5% commission
  • No pricing restrictions
  • Powered By AI, including 1-Click AI descriptions
  • Beautiful Landing Pages, including visual images
  • Advanced Seller Features, including auto price increases
  • Deep Monitoring & Alerts, include TLD development notifications
  • Sales Assistance, including 24/7 online chat for your buyers
https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/4466451-what-are-standard-and-premium-listings

And I see that Daaz.com has recently upgraded their landing pages. I didn't like their old design, but this new landing page design by Daaz looks great.

•••
Certainly we are working near 24/7 to support the domaining community. We dont have registrar ambitions at moment, clearly we are looking to improve further on marketplace offerings only.
One improvement would be to offer Bitcoin payments to domain name owners. Names are virtual assets, and Bitcoin is a bank free virtual internet payment option. I know it is fairly volatile at the moment, but you don't have to hold Bitcoin (unless you want to), just buy it from an exchange when you want to make a payment.

•••
Do you keep privacy off on your domains as well?

If someone is looking to buy your domain, wouldn't checking Whois be a logical step for them? And, if they see that your lander email is the same as the Whois email contact for the domain, does that give added credibility fo the validity of your lander? And to you as a seller?

Congrats on developinig your own domain-sale website and the sales. Sounds like you have a winning strategy!

I have my website listed in the Whois information for most of my domains. I think it is a logical thing to do. I think that most end-users that are interested in a specific domain will type it in to see what is there, so I think a nice professional landing page is most important.

•••
I keep the registration privacy on, but I agree that a landing page is a good sales aid. In fact, I believe that a mini site with about 5 pages is even better. You can link that to a buying site, and then you can list all the details and help in buying. I even started a ticking site to generate enquiries. I haven't updated this setup for a couple of years, and some of it is broken. This is a big mistake, and I need to spend some time getting back into the selling of domain names.

•••
One improvement would be to offer Bitcoin payments to domain name owners. Names are virtual assets, and Bitcoin is a bank free virtual internet payment option. I know it is fairly volatile at the moment, but you don't have to hold Bitcoin (unless you want to), just buy it from an exchange when you want to make a payment.
Operating costs are very higher to support BTC for number of reasons and also regulations are also getting tighter for marketplaces accepting BTC. With 5% success fee its not viable model as loosing 5% for each sale.

We are exploring all possible options to bring the support , we will announce the details in the right time.

•••
Thank you, we will do everything possible to serve the community. We will improve DaaZ every day to be one of the best marketplaces.
What are the payout options you offer on Daaz?

•••
Operating costs are very higher to support BTC for number of reasons and also regulations are also getting tighter for marketplaces accepting BTC. With 5% success fee its not viable model as loosing 5% for each sale.

We are exploring all possible options to bring the support , we will announce the details in the right time.
Thanks for the reply, and I can see that Bitcoin's volatility could be a problem if you are accepting payments. I use domain name sales as one means of increasing my Bitcoin savings, and I would happily accept a 5% charge for the convenince Bitcoin offers when making international payments. I had a recent enquiry from Godaddy who purported to have a client interested in my G8S.com name. I wanted half a Bitcoin for it, but they refused to discuss any payment other than US dollars. I was surprised thatr an organisation the size of Godaddy would limit itself to the declinuing and unpopular dollar in these changing times. I would have accepted Sterling at a slightly higher price, but they insisted on US diollars for the sale.

•••
Sedo: their landing pages look nice, the commission is 10%:
https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-p...le-template-brings-attention-to-your-domains/

Squadhelp standard listings: many features and great-looking landing pages for just 7.5% commission:
  • 7.5% commission
  • No pricing restrictions