NameSilo

The New REVOLUTION in Domain Parking is HERE! - Bodis.com

Located in Domain Parking Reviews started by matt_bodis, Apr 19, 2007.

Replies:
Views:

Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GILSAN

GILSAN Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Nice work Matt. These must be exciting times for you. It certainly is for lots of us.

GIL :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. matt_bodis

matt_bodis Bodis.com Bodis Staff PRO ICA Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Actually, these next few days/weeks will be extremely rough times, but with time it will all work out.

3. gregham2020

gregham2020 Established Member

Matt have paypal payments for Dec gone out yet? I think you said at some point they would be closer to the end of the month now? just wondering as the month ends on the 28th

4. matt_bodis

Paypal payments should be sent out on the 29th.

5. ArtfulWebSites

ArtfulWebSites Established Member

Matt,

You sure have been busy the past few days - adding major new features and also being slammed with a major DB crash. Whew! Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us all informed. I, for one, have become much more optimistic on the future prospects for Bodis because of your openness.

Has the new domain redirect function actually been implemented? Where will we find it? I did not see it anywhere in the "Manage Domains" screens.

Thanks for all your hard work and support of us, your partners.

6. Fka200

Fka200 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Matt,

For the redirect can you just add an account-wide feature? This way we don't have to through every domain one by one.

I'd also like just say a big "THANK YOU" for all your hard work. Seriously.

7. matt_bodis

Well, the problem with that would be ofcoarse if people wanted to forward each domain name to a different parking program, they'd need to have a different url for each domain.

I was thinking on the front Manage Domains page, but that may confuse people that don't know what it is. I mean, in our next version, it will have all of these features, site-wide, and domain-based, but I don't think it really is that important right now with this version.

Unless everybody disagrees with me, then please post. But I'd really like to concentrate next few hours on getting more important things settled. We have changed our feeds and I have to spend the next 2 days really negotiating better revenue shares and traffic buckets from our ad providers or Bodis and its members can suffer otherwise.

It's going to be rough.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  8. Fka200

Fka200 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Alright. Will test it out then for a week or two and see what happens. Worst comes to worst I'll just edit it all out manually.

9. firefly

firefly Top Member VIP

Hey Matt...trying to edit one of my "new" domains with bodis but I keep getting this error.

Element F_REDIRECT is undefined in FORM.

Any help please

10. matt_bodis

Can you refresh the page and then try again? You must be seeing old results before I updated the code to production.

11. firefly

firefly Top Member VIP

lol...must of refreshed just as you said that. Thanks a million. By the way, try to get some sleep.

12. PowerUp

PowerUp Established Member

AFAIK, all the parking companies do not accept forwarded traffic. Can any1 name me a few companies that accept forwarded traffic?

13. verbster

verbster Blue Moose VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The new redirect feature will be helpful. While it probably can't be used to forward to other parking companies (against their TOS), it can be used to send traffic to a specific site that may generate a sale of the domain, like your own site that lists your domains for sale. In that regard, a bulk option would be extremely convenient, as changing hundreds one at a time is very time-consuming. However, if adding the bulk feature is something that can't be done in an hour or so, perhaps its better to wait for a few days until things calm down a bit.

14. PowerUp

PowerUp Established Member

I'm not seeing any ads on all my domains parked with Bodis. Is anyone having the same problem as me? Is it because the ads do not support my country? Can someone from US verify if they are seeing ads or not?

Hi Matt,

In V2, will we be able to block certain advertisers? For example, I have a loan/credit domain, and this advertiser www.info.com will appear in at least 4 of the 5 advertiser slots in the custom page.

example
    www.info.com/bank-loan/
    www.info.com/credit-report.html
    www.info.com/personal-loan/
    and so on...

So when a visitor clicks on a keyword, he will see 4 out of 5 ads belonging to info.com. And I am very sure this info.com is running arbitrage, paying me peanuts for my quality visitors.

I want to block this advertiser from all my domains. Is it possible?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  15. i have the same prob,
    used to see ads but now dont(living in Greece for now)

16. CoolMark

CoolMark Established Member

I'm in England and I can see adverts for monstermarketplace, ebay, thefreedictionary, couponmountain and infospot in virtually every keyword on every domain I've checked. They are totally irrelevant ad's that use the keyword in no context whatsoever.

Maybe a feed has gone down or something, and we're just getting the dregs.

EDIT

Maybe this is what's happened:

It's the afternoon of the 28th here...

17. dedekind

dedekind Established Member

Here is the list offered by DomainSpa, which might be out of date. RevenueDirect representative could not tell me which is my ID. It works fine with Trafficz. Before redirecting the traffic, your domain needs to be added to your portfolio at the receiving parking company.

Afternic
    DomainSponsor - Will not work if ID is not entered
    Goldkey.com
    NameDrive
    NEW.net - Will not work if ID is not entered
    Sedo
    TrafficZ
    RevenueDirect - Will not work if ID is not entered

18. netmeg

netmeg Established Member

Remember - he did say it was going to be rough for a bit.

19. jhansen

jhansen Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

$xx.xx december paypal payment rcvd, thx!

Looking forward to feb, $xxx.xx! ;)

20. GILSAN

GILSAN Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I also got my December PayPal payment.

Many Thanks
    GIL :)

21. matt_bodis

We no longer have Google feed, and there is no pointing on block "info.com" advertisers unless you really want to receive almost nothing for your clicks. As a matter of fact, we can't and won't offer that option.

Like I have said, it will be rough - especially for international - it will be very rough the first few days. There's nothing we can do about it.

On a side note, we are working on several deals to get some more international coverage.

Expect a decline in revenue. We won't match the revenue we had for a few weeks until all our deals are in place and once we re-negotiate the best possible deals from all of our ad providers.

22. Kaleidozone

Kaleidozone Established Member

Just got my December paypal payment --- thanks! :)

Andrea

23. vbigdeli

vbigdeli Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Matt,wha's your upstream feed provider(s)?

24. BizBot

BizBot Member VIP

Received my PayPal payment for Dec today. Thanks!

25. mandez

mandez New Member

I see abcsearch.com

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Page Status:
Not open for further replies.