IT.COM

registries The mystery of credit.club uncovered

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vivaldi

Nothing personalTop Member
Impact
"Out of the blue there was reported that someone just hand registered credit.club a few days ago"

"Even though the buyer just had been tweeting to .club, been at Namescon promoting his very own service on how you work with Wordpress and how to make it successful, it was still seen as lack of proof. "One of their team did attend my wife and my WP talks and we ran into them at the booth later in the conference where I funny enough, found out about startup.club" the new owner told the users at the forum however he still denied any thing other than that he had only registered it for $10.99 at Name.com."

Read more here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@hawkeye we now know the magic of the hula hoop and the good fortune it brings. Who knew my wife's mad hula hoop skillz would cause such cosmic realignment!

•••
Lot of waffling from mindless/Bruce here:

That is a question for the sake of creating a story. It is two separate registrations, the circumstances of which are completely separate.
The credits.club registration is relevant to the discussion, because it is unimaginable to think that credits.club was registered back in May 2014 while credit.club would go unnoticed until January 2015. In any case credit.club previously being for sale for $200,000 on startup.club is proof it was reserved by .club, hence not available for hand-registration, except for that day on January 14th when it magically became available.You're just trying to evade the issue here.

I find it interesting that everyone is out looking for the gem everyday and want to see it in their cart and when someone gets one they act irrationally out of jealously rather than being glad someone has created something of value which in turn creates value for the new extension.
You creating "something of value which in turn creates value for the new extension" is evading the issue again.

By that logic anytime someone registers a good name we should all run and scream and say it's not fair and take them all away.
Slippery slope fallacy, your logic is wrong, again evading the issue.

I have a clear head on this and have been doing this longer than most that have commented, I wish the best to those looking for the gems out there even of most want them taken away once found.
At no point have you addressed any of the points raised.

I can 100 percent guarantee the registry was not involved in this registration in anyway.
I sense doublespeak here. Since the registry had credit.club listed on startup.club for $200,000, then it was reserved by the registry, so if you have been able to register the name for $10 through a registrar it implies that the registry had something to do with the name becoming available.

I spoke to the dot club people for a total of maybe 3 minutes at their booth and my wife likes the guys jacket:)
Literally 2 of the 3 minutes was about how much people can use wordpress for rapid development.
What was the remaining minute about?

Now it would be enlightening to see you answer the following question:

Was the name credit.club mentioned during any conversation between you and anyone from the DotClub team (nic.club/club-team/), or anyone else working for or related in some way to DotClub, prior to you registering credit.club?

•••
And please tell us kurg, who the heck are you, and 'why' mindless or anyone else has to explain to you how and why this domain was acquired?? No-one owes you and your 3 months of domaining experience any explanation about any thing!!! Who died and appointed you chief domain regging investigator?? You don't like the way mindless acquired the domain..... too bad! It ain't going to change anything!! Good 'f-ing' grief!!

•••
It does not matter who I am. The age of this account on this forum does not equate my domaining experience, and it does not matter either. It is a discussion, what matters is logic and the points raised.

I have been following this story, I see mindless evading all the points raised against his story, I point it out, and whether you like it or not will not change a thing.

Now mindless can choose to answer the questions or not, that's his choice.

•••
Now mindless can choose to answer the questions or not, that's his choice.
He has, in here, on a blog, in another forum. You just choose not to listen, or believe his version of events, and feel you're some one who he needs to answer directly to. Thing is..you're not! So you may not want to stay up late waiting for another version from mindless that suits your 'need to know'!

•••
The registry the only one that needs/should give some answers not the hard working domainer that happen to check available one word dot clubs on the right day.

The domain was either released on purpose or there was a mistake.

Any way this is a very weird case (200k earmarked 'premium' letting go for $10) in an industry that has its share of skeptics.

I feel strongly we should be able to discuss this without people saying words like envy and jealousy. There are people that are much more interested in the process of why this happen than wishing they owned a particular dot club domain.

•••
You feel you're some one who he needs to answer directly to.
You contradict what I just said, that he is free to answer the questions or not.

His version of events is improbable and many people do not believe it. Rather than reiterating the points already made against it, I asked two simple questions that go straight to the core of the reason why many people do not believe his story. If mindless wants people to believe his version of events, then he can answer the questions, and if he didn't care what people believe then he wouldn't be here justifying himself.

•••
Geez. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Not that I feel Bruce is guilty of anything but until someone can actually prove any wrongdoing...real wrongdoing not just circumstantial... I think people need to chill just a tad.

Registries do screw up from time to time. Could be a 'bank error' in his favor.

Anyway, Congratulations, Bruce. Nice find!

Last edited:
•••
We are not buying any story here. Whatever it is, the domain industry is just like any other business. Whether Bruce got it through network or it was technical glitch, he does not and is not obligated to answer to anyone.

We should be asking Nic.Club instead and Colin has already took the effort to take a look at it. Whatever the outcome, it is ultimately a business and they have the right to do what they deem fit. Although it seems unfair or whatever, it is still a business.

Live goes on, there are so many more wonderful domains out there

P.S - We are understand from both point of view. Nic.Club and Bruce did nothing wrong and are not obligated to tell us their actions. On the other hand, we can understand what some in the community feel as many were trying to get the domain too. Peace B-)

•••
It's sad seeing the newcomers in the domain industry being all bitter and jealous of established veterans, who worked their asses off for years. Want a conspiracy, then wait for the new X-Files movie.

•••
It's sad seeing the newcomers in the domain industry being all bitter and jealous of established veterans, who worked their asses off for years. Want a conspiracy, then wait for the new X-Files movie.

Yeah asking questions and discussing is stupid right, we all should blindfolded listen to your sponsored content.

•••
It's sad seeing the newcomers in the domain industry being all bitter and jealous of established veterans, who worked their asses off for years...
Exactly!!

•••
Yeah asking questions and discussing is stupid right, .
No, accusing and insinuating false and unsubstantiated conspiracy theories is what's 'stupid'!!

•••
•••
If I need any conspiracy theory articles, I'll ask you then Vivaldi. :) You're the man.

•••
I'm not saying mindless did this or that neither am I jealous, but I find it interesting how a registry can drop such a good domain. From $200,000 to $10,99 in one day it's amazing, and I wonder how that can happen.
Discussion is a part of the freedom of speech and it's nothing wrong with that even if a few of you beg to differ. The only ones claiming truths and facts here from what I have seen are yae-sayers.

Great for @mindless and looking at the site he seems to be the man for the domain as well, good stuff :) In fact with developed sites like that, it just promote the new gTLD's as a whole, so any new gTLD speculator would find that as a good thing.

•••
The facts are as I posted them, gathered from two sources: Bruce, and the CLUB registry. Now, you can be a doubting Thomas all you want, but the facts don't change. The best thing to do when you're in the wrong is to keep quiet.

•••
@vivaldi ignoring the questioning of the domain registration, I thank you for recognizing the site. More to come and I think what you said is accurate. The more developed sites the higher value it has.

But as @Acroplex said the facts are all out which is why all the bantering about as far as conspiracies go is quite tiresome.

•••
The facts are as I posted them, gathered from two sources: Bruce, and the CLUB registry. Now, you can be a doubting Thomas all you want, but the facts don't change. The best thing to do when you're in the wrong is to keep quiet.
You can continue to call me all the names you want, it don't bother me. But hey that's your thing I assume. At the end of the day it's amazing that he got such a good domain and I will continue to wonder how the .club reasoned when they did this. Have I claimed any truths, no. Just wonder and discussing without any rage and name calling.

@mindless happy to hear that, the new extensions really need entrepreneurs like yourself. Wish you the best with your site.

•••
Nobody called you names, but your clueless innuendos define your qualities. If you were trying to be objective you'd a) cover the incident as a fact b) ask the parties involved directly, instead of hinting of any existing agendas. Unless that's not how reporting is done in Sweden?

•••
Nobody called you names, but your clueless innuendos define your qualities. If you were trying to be objective you'd a) cover the incident as a fact b) ask the parties involved directly, instead of hinting of any existing agendas. Unless that's not how reporting is done in Sweden?
You call me names in most replies so far, this discussion is not about me or you even if you look at it that way. If you have any problems with me personally you are free to contact me in private in any way you see fit.

I already had a chat with Bruce earlier and I'm not saying he is lying. I am amazed by the actions of the .club registry and still continue to wonder how and why this happened until .club explains why.

•••
.CLUB is the one who needs to explain how a $200,000 asking price became reg fee. It is rather odd for a registry who sees an asset being worth $200K to sell it for reg fee. Was it intentional, was it a registry/registrar glitch?

Doesn't .CLUB have outsider investors? I wonder how they feel about handing over a valuable asset for virtually nothing.

I wonder how the people who paid premiums for other Startup.club domains feel about it.

Regardless, there is so much BS in the domain world I don't blame people for being skeptical and not accepting everything at face value.

Brad

•••
Oh, poor guy. So you sat here and actually talked to Bruce, and finally accepted the facts as true? What stopped you from doing so BEFORE you wrote that silly tinfoil hat story then?

To respond in kind, if you had any problems with my coverage of the news you could have contacted me privately.

•••
Wow, people are going crazy over this. It's not a big deal. The registry priced the domain at $200k which is comical for starters.

The registrant had a lucky day if you consider the initial list price. Beyond that, it's a .club which speaks volumes in terms of real value.

•••
Yes, it's comical that six figure domains are actually sold: coffee.club, wine.club, vodka.club - some under wraps.

One might have their own opinion on gTLDs etc. that's not the point here. The argument is over the legitimacy of the hand registration. Can't take the word of two professionals, the registrant's and the Registry officer's? Come on. Some people are looking for Sasquatch footprints still.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back