NameSilo

The mystery of a $1.5 million Ethereum name purchase

Labeled as news in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by mems, Oct 12, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. mems

mems Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. jhm

jhm Glazed

I am sceptical as to why only one source (the block crypto) has posted this news of a juicy purchase, yet no other source has

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  3. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

"At the weekend, paradigm.eth was purchased for 420 ETH, worth $1.5 million..."

Sure it was.

I am skeptical of almost anything to do with crypto "sales" and prices that make no sense. There are just too many unverified things and shady use cases.

Brad

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  4. James Rayers

James Rayers The Business Name Co VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Definitely wash trading. Hopefully the publicity stops there. This NFT bubble is really reinforcing negative crypto perceptions.

5. MatiasG

MatiasG Established Member

I don't think it was wash trading because in that case, they wouldn't have added all those troll links and pictures to attract even more attention to themselves.

If you want to wash trade you also don't buy the most expensive asset in history in a category, you try to find something less noticeable.

But, a mystery, it is, though.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice