IT.COM

strategy The moment you identify another domain investors strategy like one of your own

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just a quick write up, nothing lengthy. So, @Amanda & I were watching the TV show Little Women L.A. tonight (It aired yesterday). One of the ladies in the show got heated and asked another; "Well, does she own LittleFierceMomma (.com)?".

At that moment we instinctually checked availability to register it and guess what? That's right, someone beat us to the punch and registered it this morning! ( https://whois.domaintools.com/littlefiercemomma.com ). That's what the wild card of parking looks like folks. Domains that were never developed, but mentioned in main stream media are wild cards. That's right, that domain may start seeing direct typin traffic from others that watch the show and they need to park it fast.

Welcome to the domain name game everyone! ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Added note: Wild cards are also prime real-estate to develop on! Fast! ...

•••
A couple with similar interests.. miracle s do happen!

•••
The little gold nugget slipped right through our fingers. Have to be quicker in watching new episode's. I could of grabbed it yesterday.

•••
So, like yesterdays covfefe new word reg event, If you would have regged it, in todays world, (now with little parking revenue), how do you think you would have approached to monetize the type in? Adsense?, a blog? Just curious what direction you might take. Thanks for posting!

•••
So, like yesterdays covfefe new word reg event, If you would have regged it, in todays world, (now with little parking revenue), how do you think you would have approached to monetize the type in? Adsense?, a blog? Just curious what direction you might take. Thanks for posting!
It could go many different ways and I can only speak from my own research over the years and a few developments under my belt.

Personally, I would spin covfefe a completely different direction so that the chances of any infringement on the context of the development can be avoided.

Since there isn't many comprehensible meanings to the term other than the medias context, I would create a new meaning.

The brand: CovFeFe - The place that makes magic happen!

CovFeFe is a live interactive webcam chat using a free open source script or cost effective script.

It would be monetized with 1 banner ad to the right (adsense) since it's human nature for people to read from left to right and linger a few seconds before returning to the left.

Next, I would add contextual and banner ads (infolinks) to the scripts video ad feed. Meaning every user will have an ad on their cam share page.

I would then add social share buttons encouraging others to use it.

After monitoring it for 2 to 4 weeks, I may change something or add a service as another revenue stream (if the usage and niche made sense to do so)

But that's just me. Everyone's different.

•••
Wow, that is sure creative and sounds like it would be quite a project! Sounds like you have done that before. All forms of recorded or live Video certainly has been changing the entire world. I know I get stuck on one delivery system: youtube, but there are tons of others available. Two weeks ago, I started playing around with an android tv box, amazed at all the streaming channels.

•••
Video/cam scripts have been around a while. With the proper skill-sets, one could set up the domain on their existing hosting service, create a free MySQL database, install the script, brand it, add ad code, and be live within a few hours.

From there it would be monitoring and tweaking as you compile the data to target your sweet spots. Maybe add both, live cam and prerecorded videos and eliminate the one that performs the worst.

Let the stats guide you to your strong points to expand on.

As long as the development (I call them test projects in that phase) can cover its own renewals each year and bring some profit to the dinner table, its worth keeping and exploring more when you have free time.

If not, flip it to someone who likes the idea and has the capital to expand on it to suit their needs. What doesn't work for you, might work for someone that's been in the niche you stumbled on and looking for a business in a box hobby project.

Rinse and repeat until you find the ones that work for you.

•••
•••
Lesson learnt: Domainers should keep credit card details memorized by heart and the wifi on even when watching TV :banghead:

•••
Lesson learnt: Domainers should keep credit card details memorized by heart and the wifi on even when watching TV :banghead:
It sure does come in handly with situations like this one so you can be the first to pull the trigger and capitalize on the gold nugget media publicity. ;)

•••
I guess that's one of the downsides of being a domainer, you can never truly switch off.

•••
I guess that's one of the downsides of being a domainer, you can never truly switch off.
It's actually a rather beneficial habit on a psychological level, since it carries over into other aspects of business that can benefit from such instinctual habits.

•••
It's actually a rather beneficial habit on a psychological level, since it carries over into other aspects of business that can benefit from such instinctual habits.

Valuable tip Eric made here for those of you who want to get into this domaining fulltime, or be self employed. I lived and breathed my work to the point where I woke up dreaming about it, you need to have drive, passion, self education, ability to detach from interruptions, turn off the TV/video games/ social media.... it rarely felt like work unless it was collecting my accounts and dealing with a deadbeat accountant "aging" my invoice past 30 days, or unreasonable prospects and customers.

•••
Looks like someone followed @Eric Lyon 's advice :xf.smile:
someone registered covfefe.com on the 31st and listed for sale in GoDaddy @ minimum offer of $ 5,000. :xf.smile:
Wish donald was on namepros :xf.smile::xf.grin:

•••
Looks like someone followed @Eric Lyon 's advice :xf.smile:
someone registered covfefe.com on the 31st and listed for sale in GoDaddy @ minimum offer of $ 5,000. :xf.smile:
Wish donald was on namepros :xf.smile::xf.grin:
Just another investor that uses the same strategy, sort of. Where they made a mistake, however, was forwarding the domain to a "Trump" related product listing that profits off the media context and opens the door to potentially questionable infringing (For profit). This domain may or may not encounter a future UDRP with the way they exicuted the strategy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back