domains The Meta train won’t stop, 9 day old Metapayments.co sells for $53,450

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
After highlighting MetaXR.com for $60,000 yesterday, here comes Metapayments.co at $53,450. The domain name sold at DAN. The domain name was registered on October 7, 2021. WHAT??? This is getting to be crazy with these names, an incredible sale that really defies logic. Metapayments.com was registered in 2011.

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can understand why a buyer can pay that much (lots of ..), but I don't understand why the seller asks more than 1 percent of this price and reduce probability of selling significantly. ..Maybe some buyers think .co is actually .com.

•••
At some point, Meta + keyword names (that make sense, not MetaCustard.com) will be mostly/only available in non .coms

This area has been well and truly mined.

•••
At some point, Meta + keyword names (that make sense, not MetaCustard.com) will be mostly/only available in non .coms

This area has been well and truly mined.
I agree. Meta has had a use case dating way back when, long before this new Metaverse rave came about. That's why the best names are not only gone but have been in use for non-metaverse related websites.

Last edited:
•••
I can understand why a buyer can pay that much (lots of ..), but I don't understand why the seller asks more than 1 percent of this price and reduce probability of selling significantly. ..Maybe some buyers think .co is actually .com.

Indeed.
.com is always the King.

The .co which stands for "company" may be appealing to the end user because of its branding potential.
Maybe that's why this sale has happened.

•••
Anyone know who the owner of metapayments.co is ?

Thanks

•••
Imo Meta will grow as big and transformative as the era when the internet / .com era started. It's starting but will grow so much bigger.

•••
Back