IT.COM

domains The meta registrations won’t quit and someone went Meta Crazy on Facebook names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This meta registration craze continues to gather momentum. Back on October 11 I did a post taking a look behind the keyword Meta. Some incredible sales have fueled speculation, like MetaXR.com for $60,000, Metapayments.co at $53,450 that one was 9 days old. MetaDating.net was registered at Dynadot two weeks ago and sold for $35,000 at Sedo. metaavatars.net. The name was 122 days old when it … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Speaking of OpeanSea,
MetaApeclub.com and its plural seem two of the more sensible available names to reg (BuymetaNft.com and TrademetaNft.com are also avail)

Well well - looks like MetaApeclub.com
was actually regged!
Add that to your list @equity78

•••
Well well - looks like MetaApeclub.com
was actually regged!
Add that to your list @equity78
What even is that name lol.

Regarding the ridiculous list of Facebook domains, "meta" is a trademark owned by the Chuckerberg Initiative too. US trademark 86852664

•••
•••
Err, a trendy name combining Meta + Apes (two hot trends).
I have to respectfully disagree. "Bored apes" are a trend, from the "Bored Ape Yacht Club", "Meta" is just a domaining trend.

MetaApeClub isn't anything... :nailbiting:

•••
I have to respectfully disagree. "Bored apes" are a trend, from the "Bored Ape Yacht Club", "Meta" is just a domaining trend.

MetaApeClub isn't anything... :nailbiting:

Respectfully disagree

'Apes'/'Ape' are trendy catch-all terms extending out of the popularity of the BAYC and NFTs.

Meta is a trendy term closely related to the Metaverse, itself a trend with numerous articles written about it including Facebook's rumoured rebrand to a name containing 'Meta'/'Metaverse'.

There's a reason hundreds of domains (of variable quality) have been regged regarding Meta and Apes.

•••
Respectfully disagree

'Apes'/'Ape' are trendy catch-all terms extending out of the popularity of the BAYC and NFTs.

Meta is a trendy term closely related to the Metaverse, itself a trend with numerous articles written about it including Facebook's rumoured rebrand to a name containing 'Meta'/'Metaverse'.

There's a reason hundreds of domains (of variable quality) have been regged regarding Meta and Apes.
I'll have to respectfully concede and assume you know more than I do :sneaky:. Metaapeclub.com is worthless junk though imho.

•••
•••
anyone know how much MetaBeth.com sold for? it was on GD Auctions a week ago.

•••
Over last 3 months 98 .com domain names including the word meta, but excluding those that are part of word metal, have sold for less than $100 ($28 average), so not everything meta is going for a lot. 7 others sold in .net ($12 average).

Some are weak names, but not all. Some people got some great deals in .net in mid September, in my opinion. Not revealing names and prices since presume the buyers are domain investors with them priced much higher now, and data is from membership-only NameBio access.

The exact word meta has not sold in any TLD during the past 3 months for less than $100, at least not listed in NameBio.

Bob

•••
•••
Unless you have insider knowledge then domain trading is basically speculation based on past, current and future trends. If there are many meta and metaverse sales then it's logical to assume than speculators will speculate, as they (myself included) appear to be doing right now. On a related topic I see that the word metaverse is a spelling error for some weird reason...........

Last edited:
•••
On a related topic I see that the word metaverse is a spelling error for some weird reason........
Metaverse is not an accepted term in main dictionaries. I expect that to change before long. If it were a dictionary term with definition, might have implications for various TM applications.
Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back