Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Under $100 and $200 (respectively) each for the next 48 hours :kickass: on Sedo.

There are 190 names featured on Sedo this week closing this Thursday afternoon. Let's see home they perform. Many landrushed names, most highly premiums all below $999. Some are really cheap.

http://sedo.com/me

It is a true sumMEr sale. But will it sell?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
There are 190 names featured on Sedo this week closing this Thursday afternoon. Let's see home they perform. Many landrushed names, most highly premiums all below $999. Some are really cheap.

http://sedo.com/me

It is a true sumMEr sale. But will it sell?

There are some nice ones under the hammer, but to be honest I'm not impressed by a lot of them - I thought the .co auction recently had much higher quality names overall. (e.g. resupplied.me?). Overall though I think .me is the stronger extension.

tins.me; skivacation.me, gmn.me; angusbeef.me; fertiliser.me make an offer on Sedo

•••
There are some nice ones under the hammer, but to be honest I'm not impressed by a lot of them - I thought the .co auction recently had much higher quality names overall. (e.g. resupplied.me?). Overall though I think .me is the stronger extension.

tins.me; skivacation.me, gmn.me; angusbeef.me; fertiliser.me make an offer on Sedo

Those are his I believe. Yeah, there are a few decent ones in there but then I see the ones with dashes and numbers, and some others ones just not good, which you can get away with .com in some cases, but not so much when you go down the ladder. Think he might own some better ones, than what you're seeing at Sedo now.

•••
Removed.

Last edited:
•••
Anybody catch the final results of the Sedo auction? Last night it looked like 3/190 hit reserve, didn't see the final results anywhere.

Last edited:
•••
Sold Adelaide(dot)me for $600 :)

Last edited:
•••
Anybody catch the final results of the Sedo auction? Last night it looked like 3/190 hit reserve, didn't see the final results anywhere.

First Auction
http://www.elliotsblog.com/me-auction-results-150k-0830

Second Auction

Chic.me $499.00
Deactivate.me $499.00
Keyboard.me $349.00
Recall.me $999.00
Shared.me $999.00
Tagged.me $999.00
Vocal.me $499.00
Wifi4.me $499.00

For Sale: 190 domains
Domains Sold: 8
Sell-through: 4.2%
Total sold: $5,342

Source: http://www.domainanimal.com/sedos-me-auction-results-for-july-12/

Last edited:
•••
edit

Last edited:
•••
Am interested, please clarify, you will sell individually? I only want one.

Hi .me fans.

I have 25 great .me domains for sale at Flippa with no reserve

Check the auction now ---- here ---- and give me your opinion.

Thanks

•••
Hello guys!

I've putted up to -delete- one of my .me domains at sedo. Seems that someone want to start new big project because same name in .com, .biz, .info and other zones was updated (transfered?) not so long ago.

Last edited:
•••
GreatDomains (Jul'12) on Sedo.com

del

Last edited:
•••
I think that continues to show, Sedo really doesn't have much of a clue when picking names for auctions.

•••
Indeed... Sedo has no clue.
I think that continues to show, Sedo really doesn't have much of a clue when picking names for auctions.

•••

This has been going on for the last couple years.

Im beginning to think there is a rash of insider trading happening lately. ;)

•••
del

Last edited:
•••
I missed the final results of the Sedo auction but somebody posted that out of 228 domains up for auction, 30 met reserve, about 10%. That's straight horrible and that's on Sedo because there have to be better domains being submitted, I've seen examples of some in this forum that get rejected. I don't know if it's 1 person, a small group, some department, but they need to be fired, get somebody who has some sort of clue on what sells.

•••
I missed the final results of the Sedo auction but somebody posted that out of 228 domains up for auction, 30 met reserve, about 10%. That's straight horrible and that's on Sedo because there have to be better domains being submitted, I've seen examples of some in this forum that get rejected. I don't know if it's 1 person, a small group, some department, but they need to be fired, get somebody who has some sort of clue on what sells.

I agree.

I was very disappointed with the names that were up for auction. There were many names that were not even worth reg-fee IMO.

Someone has their head up their a$$ over there.

When they conduct auctions like this the results are always going to be $hitty. And these type of results usually spark negativity on the extensions or rumors of a downfall.

But the reality is that its not the extension fault at all, its the poor selection of names on sedos part.

•••
•••
I agree.

I was very disappointed with the names that were up for auction. There were many names that were not even worth reg-fee IMO.

Someone has their head up their a$$ over there.

When they conduct auctions like this the results are always going to be $hitty. And these type of results usually spark negativity on the extensions or rumors of a downfall.

But the reality is that its not the extension fault at all, its the poor selection of names on sedos part.

This was a private portfolio of names up for auction, not premium names being released by the registry. They certainly downplayed that to hide the obvious cronyism that exists in the Sedo auctions.

•••
del

Last edited:
•••
I have MobilePayment.me and Ewallet.me

•••
Sedo rejected my .me names as flirts.me, impotent.me and calorie.me because of the "quality" reasons. But anyway they are set for an auction at Bido now.
They rejected my plums.eu and musicfestival.eu for quality reasons too :)
And I just sit and watch those so called shi... .me *premium names*

•••
I found a nice .me domain listed for sale Im willing to share. Its not mine, I just find it when browsing cheap and attractive. Its worker.me listed for 500 USD on the webpage. In case anyone is interested.

•••
-------------

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back