Dynadot

information The Lure of Social and Role of Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
Over the last year I’ve been watching my daughter, Sarah, as she embarked on growing her social presence through Instagram. It’s been an up and down journey but since social is vitally important for any online business I thought it would be worthwhile picking the brains of my resident expert.

She now has close to 10,000 followers and this is continuing to expand. She has not spent a penny on any advertising and the growth has been entirely organic. More than that, her engagement with her followers is incredible with it being much higher than corporations that have five to six times her number.
. . .
If Instagram permanently closed her account then she would have lost all her work. By having her own domain, she’s the one that is in the driver’s seat and will be able to get back to her followers independently of any third party. This is her next project to develop as part of her social experience.

What does Sarah have? A growing userbase, traffic, content, high engagement and of course sponsors. Her next challenge is to migrate some of these users into a blog that is associated with a domain that she alone controls.

Why is all of this important to domain owners?

>> Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back