IT.COM

question The LLLL.net's - Are they selling?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandChimp

Life is short. Get up and make yours better. ChimpTop Member
Impact
I am receiving a lot of offers for my 4L .net chips.

Market is down but demand is high? Lol

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am receiving a lot of offers for my 4L .net chips.

Market is down but demand is high? Lol
same here. Numerous $130 offers every day

•••
they will rise again..i think so

•••
yes Chinese are trying to get them cheap as possible before they rise again.

•••
Yes I got alot offers too.. I tried to sell few at $180 but he backed off at last moment as market is down...
Btw there are threads in wanted section to have LLLL.net chips at $125 and $150 ..

So Is it good to sell now.. or Will they rise again and touch the $350 mark it hit in november ??

•••
i think its better to hold them up..

•••
•••
Yes I got alot offers too.. I tried to sell few at $180 but he backed off at last moment as market is down...
Btw there are threads in wanted section to have LLLL.net chips at $125 and $150 ..

So Is it good to sell now.. or Will they rise again and touch the $350 mark it hit in november ??

Don't you guys think that's a bit shady? You are getting all these offers, but deals are not being made...do you think it's possible a big conglomeration could be behind something like this: showing interest but ultimately not making deals, unless they can get price well below current market. Yet, on the other hand, trying to unload what they actually own?

•••
I am still in a fix with the down trend we are seeing in LLLL.net prices , they are getting traded but there is no huge demand... Earlier it was said that there's chinese new year , price is down due to that and will go up .. but new year's is over .. a month passed and price are going down like crazy..

•••
no conspiracy, those are real sales:
http://domainpayout.com/4lnet/4lnetchips.php
upload_2016-3-28_1-42-49.png

•••
•••
The more I study domain price fluctuations, mainly looking at the Namebio chart, the more I see a very high correlation between domain valuation and broader market conditions.

Meaning that: if risk assets such as stocks are in a cycle uptrend, then domain values are also closing at higher prices. Risk assets are a measurement of investor confidence. Higher investor confidence means higher share prices, more demand and higher sale prices for domains. Lower confidence means stock markets drop, and likewise for domain.

Final week of March 2016 and first week of April 2016 will be very interesting as more earnings come out and we see if this current uptrend wave reverses, which I think it will.

The pendulum swings between optimistic and pessimistic moods. Fear drives stock market selloffs and lower prices---same goes with domains. Greed and optimistic outlook about higher future prices means people are willing to spend $ now on a domain or go long stocks if they think they can make higher $$$ later for a profit.

My personal belief is that the situation will continue to deteriorate in Europe and Asia, leading to lower future prices. Thus what we see now is more sellers than buyers, even though there are still buyers out there willing to pick up some LLLL.nets because they (1) have the surplus cash and (2) are not pessimistic about future outcomes.

•••
Nobody pays attention. :xf.rolleyes:

This is the lull before the increase. People are looking to buy to play the dip, buying low now to resell within 15 - 30 days.

These will increase in price, and those prices will maintain for a short time... then the 'chip' / pattern domaining calamity will follow.

When it happens, you should sell as well. None of these 'buyers' plan to hold these long term.

•••
Nobody pays attention. :xf.rolleyes:

This is the lull before the increase. People are looking to buy to play the dip, buying low now to resell within 15 - 30 days.

These will increase in price, and those prices will maintain for a short time... then the 'chip' / pattern domaining calamity will follow.

When it happens, you should sell as well. None of these 'buyers' plan to hold these long term.
I completely agree with you on that :)

•••
•••
The floor for 4l.net chips is now showing at 1288 RMB.
Hopefully it will pick up again soon!

•••
I'm now getting offers from $180 to $230

•••
I understand those that go silent when prices are falling, but it's hard to ignore what's going on.
The floor is 1170 RMB now with a number of sales at 1100-1150 today so far.

I wonder where it goes next ...

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 13.46.28.png

•••
I understand those that go silent when prices are falling

I'm glad I don't have to read 'buyout' threads on a daily basis any more, and 'know-it-all' investors who jumped in at 2015 and only knew 'chips'. Those same people are taking a bath, or have already sold their holdings and are saying nothing to save face.

I wonder where it goes next ...

All the way down unfortunately. It's taken a steeper turn than even I thought. As soon as confidence went, so followed the prices.

Remember when everyone thought .NET's were junk, well that's where they will be headed. Sure some end users like to own their .net for security and development, and will pay $xxxx for it, but that is few and far between.

This isn't a lowering of prices so investors can buy more... this is a collapse. At some points in a collapse there is a short rise, but the inevitable fall does come.

The prices still may rebound slightly over the summer, as human behavior is unpredictable. Some people will try to profit on that rise, but by Q4 these will be completely worthless.

•••
Don't you guys think that's a bit shady? You are getting all these offers, but deals are not being made...do you think it's possible a big conglomeration could be behind something like this: showing interest but ultimately not making deals, unless they can get price well below current market. Yet, on the other hand, trying to unload what they actually own?

Very nice idea, and most likely what is going on. imo, I think this is in general - how they operate. Simple scenario:
1. The purchase some huge volume of whatever when prices were set low. - LLLL.nets, or other categories...
2. A few hundred shell bidding accounts (probably generated from jails)
3. A few hundred thousand email offers go out from some remote server in Siberia
4. Everyone get's excited
As a result - you have yourself a nice 10-250 % raising in prices -> while noone actually paid anything or bought anything and as prices raise to the commodities they hold
5. they unload it
6. Keep the difference
7. Rinse and repeat.

•••
I'm glad I don't have to read 'buyout' threads on a daily basis any more, and 'know-it-all' investors who jumped in at 2015 and only knew 'chips'. Those same people are taking a bath, or have already sold their holdings and are saying nothing to save face.

All the way down unfortunately. It's taken a steeper turn than even I thought. As soon as confidence went, so followed the prices.

Remember when everyone thought .NET's were junk, well that's where they will be headed. Sure some end users like to own their .net for security and development, and will pay $xxxx for it, but that is few and far between.

This isn't a lowering of prices so investors can buy more... this is a collapse. At some points in a collapse there is a short rise, but the inevitable fall does come.

The prices still may rebound slightly over the summer, as human behavior is unpredictable. Some people will try to profit on that rise, but by Q4 these will be completely worthless.

It gets almost boring agreeing with you every time, but here goes again.

The only area we possibly differ on is the timing on the rebounds which I think could be soon for some markets (but I don't know for sure, depends on the chinese stock market performance, govt. interference etc.)

I think many investors have actually held hoping for things to improve, not expecting the total collapse in demand from chinese investors we have seen. I spoke to a chinese investor today who told me there's a ton of 4l.net renewals coming up in May, so that could be another worry for holders to think about IMO.

Now some 4l.nets will be attractive buys if prices crash far enough and if they have end user potential.

I wish everyone invested the best!

•••
Here are 4l.net non chips - 57 RMB today.

They were around 200 RMB just two months ago. They have fallen even harder than chips.

I actually own around 30 of them, but they are all hand picked and am holding for end users as they are very brandable, couldn't care less what they sell for in China.

Here's the 90 day chart for these, it doesn't get much worse than this IMO.
Pump and dump it is ...

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 17.00.05.png

•••
4l.net chips now down to 999 RMB today.

I'm genuinely curious as to what holders feel here, will you hold or sell now for anything?

Right now this feels different to a market correction, but could be wrong.
What's next ...

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 08.23.15.png

•••
4l.net chips now down to 999 RMB today.

I'm genuinely curious as to what holders feel here, will you hold or sell now for anything?

Right now this feels different to a market correction, but could be wrong.
What's next ...

Show attachment 28225
hold

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back