Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
following drops will be auctioned today at TDNAM:

Domain Name Traffic # Bids Price Time Left
qvpa.com - 1 $10 4M 25S
qxkq.com - 1 $10 4M 25S
qyqj.com - 1 $10 4M 25S
qagn.com - 1 $10 5M 25S
qbef.com - 2 $15 5M 25S
qbif.com - 2 $15 5M 25S
qglk.com - 1 $10 5M 25S
qgmj.com - 1 $10 5M 25S
qhkp.com - 1 $10 5M 25S
qjpa.com - 1 $10 5M 25S
qjxg.com 2 1 $10 5M 25S
qkls.com - 1 $10 5M 25S
qmjf.com 2 1 $10 5M 25S
qngb.com 4 1 $10 5M 25S
qrsb.com - 4 $21 5M 25S
qssp.com 41 5 $50 5M 25S
mjfw.com 4 3 $25 8M 25S
zndw.com 2 1 $10 49M 25S
zcwi.com 2 1 $10 50M 25S
zcye.com 7 1 $10 50M 25S
zdxe.com 4 1 $10 50M 25S
pqld.com - 1 $10 1H 9M
ypuq.com - 1 $10 2H 1M
yqvq.com - 1 $10 2H 1M
yvxn.com - 1 $10 2H 1M
yzvk.com - 1 $10 2H 1M
ympz.com - 1 $10 2H 4M
xksu.com 2 1 $10 2H 5M
paqg.com 22 3 $40 2H 30M
npqz.com - 1 $10 2H 41M
jqdt.com 13 1 $10 2H 50M
jtxv.com - 1 $10 2H 50M
jhrq.com - 1 $10 2H 52M
jmqi.com - 1 $10 2H 52M
iwjq.com 2 1 $10 2H 55M
izqw.com - 1 $10 2H 55M
vznt.com - 2 $15 3H 28M
vpgx.com 4 1 $10 3H 29M
uqss.com 4 3 $20 3H 36M
mqgb.com - 1 $10 4H 7M
ijqm.com - 1 $10 4H 14M

•••
Would it be smart to buy LLLL.com's since they're only 10 bucks now?

•••
It would be smart to buy high quality LLLL's (pronouncable, high quality letters etc.) not just any old LLLL that might be at a current discount. "Smart" is relative to your intentions and time frame for the domain as well.

•••
gladdy said:
its not only a problem of Namejet. other big domain selling places like TDNAM and SEDO there is also many nonpayers, they just bid to take your domain out of the screen.

At tdnam, it is not just non paying bidders but also sellers who won't give up/don't own the domain to begin with. I speak from experience.

•••
usually this are people who listed domain for sale at many places, sold the domain at one place, but forget to remove listing from others.
.h2o. said:
At tdnam, it is not just non paying bidders but also sellers who won't give up/don't own the domain to begin with. I speak from experience.

•••
Today on TDNX:

qvpa.com $20
qxkq.com $20
qyqj.com $20
qagn.com $20
qbef.com $25
qbif.com $25
qglk.com $20
qgmj.com $20
qhkp.com $20
qjpa.com $20
qjxg.com $20
qkls.com $20
qmjf.com $20
qngb.com $20
qrsb.com $31
qssp.com $70
mjfw.com $35
zndw.com $20
zcwi.com $20
zcye.com $20
zdxe.com $20
pqld.com $20
ypuq.com $20
yqvq.com $20
yvxn.com $20
yzvk.com $20
ympz.com $20
xksu.com $20
paqg.com $50
npqz.com $20
jqdt.com $20
jtxv.com $20
jhrq.com $20
jmqi.com $20
iwjq.com $20
izqw.com $20
vznt.com $25
vpgx.com $20
uqss.com $30
mqgb.com $20
ijqm.com $20

renewals have been added

•••
just got Pirq.com :) it's going for a quick sedo flip, brandable short names sell really well there ;)

•••
•••
IMHO, yes. Prices have been increasing in November after a prolonged period of decline, and I expect this trend to continue during next year, especially after the number of drops starts to fall. It’s not a risk-free investment, of course, considering the uncertainty of economic conditions, but I can’t think of an alternative investment free of those same risks.

I’d say that if you find LLLL.com’s with a full year registrations for $10 it’d be smart to buy them. However, I also think that you may find quite difficult to obtain that price level in the practice. Prices at eBay, for example, have been consistently above $15 for similar domains in recent days, and the minimum at TDNAM (Goaddy) is 18 to $20 when renewal is considered. Your best shot at obtaining similar prices would be Snapnames (for anti-premium or single-premium buyout names), the domainers forums or bulk deals.

There have been a few sales at that price level in recent days, but they are the exception and not the norm. I have tried to buy similar domains at eBay every day and have not succeeded even in one name. The few that went for lower prices didn’t appear in my listings for some reason, as other members here have reported. In any case, those exceptions are an insignificant portion of the total number of domains auctioned at eBay in those days, so I’m pretty sure that you would have a very hard time trying to gain them.

So, my answer is: yes, it would be smart to buy them if you can.

Today’s auctions at eBay (others are still running):

YXAU.COM - $29.99
XJCS.COM - $15.50 (expires in March 09)
QQHK.COM - $27.30 (expires in March 09)
XZSD.COM - $20.50 (expires in April 09)

TordB.com said:
Would it be smart to buy LLLL.com's since they're only 10 bucks now?

•••
LLLL.com people's :) :) :)

What is the best time to end an eBay auction???

•••
Chef Patrick said:

My bet is thursday afternoon in America (evening in Europe, morning is asia).
Thusrday is my fav because it gives 4 days of normal week attn and some people are off on fridays.

just my $0.02 :)

•••
Chef Patrick said:

I like ending an auction between 1 pm pacific and 8 pm pacific during the week - monday through thursday and sunday afternoons evening can be good for the european/north american markets.

•••
Best time to end an eBay auction - Sunday between 8EST - 10EST

•••
Thank you Toilet Monster, tight-aggressive and bmugford. Rep added to the three of you.

•••
bmugford said:

yes this is a great time for a wide array of demographics

•••
bmugford said:
why? i see toilet monster's logic, not sure i understand sunday. i'm sleeping at 8am.

i can see a tues-thurs except any new ones going in because of thanksgiving being on a thursday.

so let's say i add a 10 day auction tomorrow, makes it end tuesday 11/25, what is the best time to end? or do you guys say do it sunday and make it a 7 day auction?

Last edited:
•••
Sorry for not putting PM in there.
Sunday evening is the highest traffic time for eBay.

It should say 8PM - 10PM EST

7 Day Auction. Sunday to Sunday is the most effective.

This is all from my experience. You might find different results depending on what you are selling.

Here is an Article on Ending Time/Day. It is from 2005 but most of the data should still be relevant.

Sunday 57%
6PM - 9PM PST 52.5%

These are the runaway winners.

Brad

Chef Patrick said:
why? i see toilet monster's logic, not sure i understand sunday. i'm sleeping at 8am.

i can see a tues-thurs except any new ones going in because of thanksgiving being on a thursday.

so let's say i add a 10 day auction tomorrow, makes it end tuesday 11/25, what is the best time to end? or do you guys say do it sunday and make it a 7 day auction?

Last edited:
•••
Done you won me over :)

One more question, does it matter how many I do? What if I wanted to do 30 auctions?

bmugford said:
Sorry for not putting PM in there.
Sunday evening is the highest traffic time for eBay.

It should say 8PM - 10PM EST

7 Day Auction. Sunday to Sunday is the most effective.

This is all from my experience. You might find different results depending on what you are selling.

Here is an Article on Ending Time/Day. It is from 2005 but most of the data should still be relevant.

Sunday 57%
6PM - 9PM PST 52.5%

These are the runaway winners.

Brad

•••
I would suggest spreading the auctions out. Many bidders on eBay will not bid until the end. If you have many auctions ending at the same time you can actually hurt yourself by limiting the bidders.

I would list them at least several minutes apart.

Brad

Chef Patrick said:
Done you won me over :)

One more question, does it matter how many I do? What if I wanted to do 30 auctions?

•••
tprd.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 185 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 4

zicu.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 755 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 12

yyyn.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 260 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 6

sqqq.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 210 USD
Reserve met!

sfpf.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 162 USD
Reserve met!

jjij.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 195 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 5

goxu.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 260 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 5

sbbr.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 201 USD
Reserve met!

nhoo.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 194 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 7

cufo.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 930 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 12

irop.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 470 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 8

zxzz.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 200 USD
Reserve met!

zzzh.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 335 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 7

proc.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 4,400 USD
Reserve met!
Winning Bidder: Bidder 1

SEDO

Last edited:
•••
bmugford said:
I would suggest spreading the auctions out. Many bidders on eBay will not bid until the end. If you have many auctions ending at the same time you can actually hurt yourself by limiting the bidders.

Brad

I definitely agree and this is something to bear in mind if you're uploading multiple listings using the Turbo Lister program - don't send them all at once but send them one by one a few mins apart. I made the mistake of uploading a batch together last week and I think it affected the end results - it's amazing how many bidders bid in the last 30, even 10 seconds!

•••
I have read the opinions about Sunday being a good day for eBay auctions, but I think that it applies more to other products, like electronics and computers, than to domains. In my opinion, most domainers are active during working days and many rest on weekends. Traffic and posts at domainers forums show a similar behavior. I have had better results with auctions ending between Tuesday and Thursday. As to the best hour, I think between noon and early night is the best in most cases.

I don’t recommend auctioning too many domains at once, as you could saturate the buying capacity for that day, and some of your domains could sell for low prices. However, a group of 5 to 10 domains ending the same day could be a good idea, especially if you include some good domains.

•••
I use Turbo Lister, it is extremely convenient to work on the auctions when you have free time.

But, like you said, send them out one at a time. Having many end at the exact same time really does hurt.

Brad

prague7 said:
I definitely agree and this is something to bear in mind if you're uploading multiple listings using the Turbo Lister program - don't send them all at once but send them one by one a few mins apart. I made the mistake of uploading a batch together last week and I think it affected the end results - it's amazing how many bidders bid in the last 30, even 10 seconds!

Weekday afternoons are not a bad option to end domains either. The same is true with Sedo.

mibworld said:
I have read the opinions about Sunday being a good day for eBay auctions, but I think that it applies more to other products, like electronics and computers, than to domains. In my opinion, most domainers are active during working days and many rest on weekends. Traffic and posts at domainers forums show a similar behavior. I have had better results with auctions ending between Tuesday and Thursday. As to the best hour, I think between noon and early night is the best in most cases.

I don’t recommend auctioning too many domains at once, as you could saturate the buying capacity for that day, and some of your domains could sell for low prices. However, a group of 5 to 10 domains ending the same day could be a good idea, especially if you include some good domains.

•••
bmugford said:

Brad
Ok after listening to everyone I think I will do two auction days. I will create ten day auction that ends Sunday 11/23 between 8-10pm est and then another ten auction that will end Tuesday 11/25 between 4-5pm est. Of course I will spread each one out by 5 minutes so they do not compete with each other.

Once they are done i will post some results for everyone. Wish me luck :)

Last edited:
•••
bmugford said:

Yes, I second that and if you do a 10 day auction, start that on Thursday evening so you get two weekends in and it ends on Sunday evening.

•••
Back