IT.COM

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We need this one too guys :)

This guide will also help LLLL.com holders to understand more the value of their 4 letters .com based on how expensive the similar 3 letters .com are.

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of February 1, 2008:

3-Letter .com - $6700 (+ $300 since January 1, 2008 report)

But I consider their guide a bit old since they are not taking in consideration the emergenging countries that appreciate other letters and as we have run a poll here several times lately, the majority of people consider the letters U
and W to be Premium letters.

Let`s have a look at some recent LLL.com sales as reported from NameBio.com :

nak.com $27,135 2007-12-22 SEDO.com
nyz.com $10,605 2007-12-19 tdnam
utw.com $10,100 2007-12-10 SEDO.com
via.com $157,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
cgf.com $14,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
vkx.com $6,200 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
mje.com $10,734 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
okf.com $8,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
our.com $60,000 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
kxr.com $7,101 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
lhg.com $13,613 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
wae.com $10,099 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
hya.com $7,499 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
yrd.com $9,100 2007-12-05 SEDO.com
vfk.com $15,750 2007-11-29 AfterNic.com
qee.com $10,882 2007-11-27 SEDO.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yiy.com $8055 godaddy 27th feb -

•••
these guys are so funny...

naq.com is again on auction, 5 hours to go! hurry up!

it's just hilarious...

naq.com, Lost, Private, Pre-Release, $4,400, 2/22/2012

the auction essentially lived on a bidding war between two known domainers, so no lack of payment and no cancel indication on the auction's report.

regards,
tonecas

very interesting action that is going on at NameJet.

so, in this case the auction got cancelled. then it was put on another silent auction and this auction then disappeared from the auction history and no information sent regarding a potential mistake. now the domain is on another owner that was not the winning bidder. not sure if it got sold by the first winning bidder but the fact is the first auction is showing as cancelled.

and no, it was not the previous owner that recover the domain. the domain was on-hold for wrong contact information for a year. this was a domain that was retained by NetSol and submitted for auction on NameJet (at least they are freeing the domains that warehoused)

in another auction, for uspresidents.com on 2012-02-19 that ended at $5,400, the auction got cancelled but the domain was then pushed to the second place bidder. if the winning bidder didn't pay why wasn't a new auction started?

and then people question why this business is so badly seen by the average guy.:bah:

regards,
tonecas

•••
•••
Some interesting movement at 4.cn a large portfoilio holder is selling approx 100 LLL.coms for $5000 each and so far they have sold these. UK company selling Abstract Holdings International LTD.
zgb.com zfl.com zce.com zbf.com yxn.com yxa.com ykl.com yiq.com xya.com xwt.com xwo.com xwm.com xwl.com xpu.com xnr.com xhk.com xgz.com xgh.com xdk.com xdh.com xct.com xbz.com qcl.com pyj.com kcy.com jzk.com jxc.com
hzd.com hxz.com gze.com gzd.com gxu.com gxr.com exb.com dzl.com bxy.com kjh.com

I think they have just pitched it just right, in that they will all sell at that price and only on a Chinese platform would they have been able to.

Last edited:
•••
are they on auction? don't see them.

not sure also of it is a great deal. the domains were listed in 2010 with n Brendhan Hight/Marchex, in 2011 with Yonatan Belousov/Original Web Ventures and finally in mid 2011 with the current owner Sherene Blacket/ Abstract Holdings International. doesn't seem people who sell cheap, not even with bulk sales.

anyhow, this is important action. thanks for posting.

regards,
tonecas

•••
are they on auction? don't see them.

not sure also of it is a great deal. the domains were listed in 2010 with n Brendhan Hight/Marchex, in 2011 with Yonatan Belousov/Original Web Ventures and finally in mid 2011 with the current owner Sherene Blacket/ Abstract Holdings International. doesn't seem people who sell cheap, not even with bulk sales.

anyhow, this is important action. thanks for posting.

regards,
tonecas
Hi Tonecas keep up the good work with your post. That makes sense its originally owned by Marchex, as at the time they were registered I was also full time scouring drops for LLL.coms and never felt I was in competition with another UK based guy
They are under the banner hot sales. Its a buy now page, it also shows recent sales.
http://www.4.cn/hotsale. So long as you are not fire selling names you can drip them out at $5,000usd all day long

•••
•••
some more WTF from network solutions

NameJet:

mam.com $11,600
ieg.com $10,099
oni.com $11,679
vie.com $22,705

regards,
tonecas

Last edited:
•••
@tonecas You had a bidding war with marta. It's probably the longest bidding war I have seen.

•••
@tonecas You had a bidding war with marta. It's probably the longest bidding war I have seen.

:)
the longest I seen took more than 3,5 hours. i saw it wouldn't take that long before one of us gave up so there was no point to continue :hehe:

regards,
tonecas

•••
some more WTF from network solutions

NameJet:

mam.com $11,600
ieg.com $10,099
oni.com $11,679
vie.com $22,705

regards,
tonecas

Were these listed by private owners? Didn't see them coming at all...

•••

Whois was showing pending delete. There was no reserve on these auctions either.

•••
Whois was showing pending delete. There was no reserve on these auctions either.

Thanks. Strange things going on indeed...

Buyer of mam.com did a pretty good deal, I think.

•••
they were domains on-hold because previous owners no longer exist. Network Solutions sent them to auction without any warning.

yes, mam.com has an immediate buyer at 100-150k. vie.com can fetch 250k.

regards,
tonecas

•••

Hmmm, it's strange, I didn't see them as Pre-Release too. Not sure how I could miss LLL.com's auctions by not adding them to my backorder list...Mystery...

•••
I'm not a buyer of LLL, but I have also noticed this with LLLL's recently. Names have been disappearing or getting lower then normal bids. Does anyone in this forum have some pull with some big bloggers that could shed some light on Namejet? It seems like if we can get 1000 domainers to start talking about them, they will shapen up.

•••
they were domains on-hold because previous owners no longer exist. Network Solutions sent them to auction without any warning.

yes, mam.com has an immediate buyer at 100-150k. vie.com can fetch 250k.

regards,
tonecas

It feels like insider trading in that namejet are not looking to get the highest auction price by maximising exposure. They are looking to line a select few pockets with bonuses, avoiding tax if it's employees of namejet. It's happening too often not to be systematic corruption.

•••
It feels like insider trading in that namejet are not looking to get the highest auction price by maximising exposure. They are looking to line a select few pockets with bonuses, avoiding tax if it's employees of namejet. It's happening too often not to be systematic corruption.

I don't trust any of these companies but in these cases i am getting to the conclusion that it's pure incompetence.

NameJet seems to have some independence from their owners, and the management of domains and their sale runs through many holes. it would be in their best interest to promote these domains to the broadest audience they could reach so to get the best revenue from domains that they should have never had.

i see domains that were on-hold, 95% of the time because of no longer valid domain owners that are retained and then sent to auction by NetSol and stepping over the pre-release lists. and in the last 5 months or so I've increasingly seen domains at Enom and NetSol that were expired, had several backorders but never got to auction and enter pending-delete status. :gl:

in the ONI.COM auction, the domain even hit the pre-release/soon to be available list on NameJet but immediately disappeared from their site. i think one or two domainers backorder it at the time (one high profile).

the participants on these 4 auctions ranged from 14 to 17... they should have gotten +300

regards,
tonecas

•••
Hmmm, it's strange, I didn't see them as Pre-Release too. Not sure how I could miss LLL.com's auctions by not adding them to my backorder list...Mystery...
Am I reading this right, you didn't have them on your back order list, so you think this is the only way you could of missed them ie those 15 odd biders in the auction had the opportunity to be part of the auction because they were the only ones who had them on back order. Time to back order all 17,000!

•••
did not see these four. Reading the post here, I still can't figure out the way to order them? (How can someone order them?)

•••
finally you are getting there :hehe:

well, it's that simple. funny how 99% of people miss that. just show how this market is inefficient. no more point in hiding the secret :hehe:

it will be funny now to see 100's backorders on 17k domains.

now comes the question on how to generate the 17k combinations...:gl:

regards,
tonecas

•••
Am I reading this right, you didn't have them on your back order list, so you think this is the only way you could of missed them ie those 15 odd biders in the auction had the opportunity to be part of the auction because they were the only ones who had them on back order. Time to back order all 17,000!

All I wanted to say is that I pre-order all LLL .com's, .net's, .org's in advance.

In this case I didn't have them in my list.

More to say, I do my back-orders on NJ daily: pre-releases within 1 day.

I am 100% sure that these LLL.com's were not included in list!!!

That's why it looks phishy!

•••
Get this 3 of the 4 are back in pre bidding for the next 7 hours
mam.com $11,600
ieg.com $10,099
oni.com $11,679

The best one is not
vie.com $22,705

Im coming round to Tonecas thinking, its just incompetence.

•••
Marta won Vie and Oni.com. It just doesn't make sense why he/she would pay for one name and would not pay for the other. I e-mailed NJ and asked them what was going on. Marta is still a bidder on other domains I got in auction.

These domains should only be auctioned to those who were part of the auction. It shouldn't be in prerelease at all. Something smells fishy.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Marta was the winner of:
vie.com
Oni.com

Was Marta the winner of the these domains?
Mam.com
Ieg.com

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Response from NJ:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting NameJet Technical Support. I'll be glad to assist you today.

We show all four of those domains you referenced were sold on Saturday and are Pending Payment, with a total 28 day grace period to pay. The winner has NOT defaulted, and is a long time client - we expect full payment from them.

That said, we do find for some reason they are listed as a pre-release names on that report. This is an error in the file we have received from Network Solutions. We will contact them immediately and get these taken out of that list. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We do apologize for the alarm this must have caused!

Thank you for choosing NameJet as your source for aftermarket domain names.

Best Regards,
Wendy
Technical Support Team

Last edited:
•••
wow. same thing as NAQ.com. the domain was put on auction soon after the previous one has ended. and then it was removed. and the first auction still shows as cancelled but NameJet says it was an error.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Marta was the winner of:
vie.com
Oni.com

Was Marta the winner of the these domains?
Mam.com
Ieg.com

yes silentg, Marta won the 4 and it will take him some time to pay for the domains but there is no reason to suspect they haven't/wont be paid.

regards,
tonecas

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back