Dynadot

The High ROI Domain Sales List !!

NameSilo
Watch

Please post your Domain/s that fetched you a high ROI of 10 times or more on your purchase price for the benefit of other members of NamePros Community.

Please include at least your Purchase price,Selling price & the Domain Name in your post.Thanks for your help:).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

For those who are just passing by and may have content to share but don't know it - What's an ROI?

•••
ROI - Return On your Investment.

•••
2$ .info which i sold for 100$ in sedo

so 2$ gets me 90$ :)

•••
2$ .info which i sold for 100$ in sedo

so 2$ gets me 90$ :)

Thanks for sharing Chandan but it would be better if you could also include the Domain Name in your Post as without a Domain Name a sales thread is incomplete :imho:.

•••
Can not reveal actual domain due to NDA, but...
Registered .com for $1.99 with Godaddy coupon.
Sold it for $5K six months later.
About 2,500 times the cost.
That's highest ROI for me :D

•••
Can not reveal actual domain due to NDA, but...
Registered .com for $1.99 with Godaddy coupon.
Sold it for $5K six months later.
About 2,500 times the cost.
That's highest ROI for me :D

Never heard of such an amazing ROI anywhere till date,also am a little curious as to whether you registered that Name only when you had a $1.99 Godaddy Coupon Code or you did not take any chances on that Domain and registered as soon as you found it was available.

•••
Never heard of such an amazing ROI anywhere till date,also am a little curious as to whether you registered that Name only when you had a $1.99 Godaddy Coupon Code or you did not take any chances on that Domain and registered as soon as you found it was available.
It was dropped domain and just happen to found $1.99 coupon code.
Not so sure it's amazing, though.
Repeated such sale would be amazing ;)

Last edited:
•••
I have sold 50 domain names (48 dot com, 1 dot net and 1 dot org) so far this year, all to end users, with an average sale price of 20.19 x purchase price over the 50. All were hand regs or cheap drops.

The best individual name this year sold this year was a dutch phrase dot com that sold for 48.61 x purchase price (cheap drop held for 11 days).

•••
Hand registered a few government stimulus package-related domains about a year and a half ago, sold one for about 10x regfee. I believe the buyer got excellent value for it, too.

Current events and technology names can be profitable, but watch out for the temptation to register too many, or ones that have no obvious commercial value.

*...and please, please, please don't register human tragedy names. The bad karma will get you eventually.

•••
what if you use it to put up information site? Karma isnt so bad as long as you have good intentions

I see many other domains we'll use up before .tel and .mobi get taken seriously

•••
Back