discuss The Future Of Domain Investing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandista

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,

I have a question.

What is the future of domain flipping? Will domain sales decrease or increase?

Another interesting question: If you have a good investment, will you invest it in real estate or any other small business, or in domaining?

Please share your opinions, hope this will help me and others.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think so too that sales will remain strong - people are spending more and more time on the Internet, everything is digitalized, so even more online presence for businesses is needed.

As for investment - it depends. If you are a domainer and you know what you are doing - it is a good investment. But if your idea of investing in domains is simply buying any name that costs more than $600 on DropCath - you better buy a house or put your money in the chest and burry in your backyard.

The good thing for an experienced domainer is that he can do both - invest in interesting and prospective names and buy the house at the same time (if you have funds of course).

•••
Domains sales will remain strong, the world is moving more online as the years pass. The high street (physical retail) gets hit as a result. The question about what to put a good lump of cash into, or what is a potential good investment: Real estate? A promising start-up? More good domains? My answer: If you have the means, do it all. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

I have a question.

What is the future of domain flipping? Will domain sales decrease or increase?

Another interesting question: If you have a good investment, will you invest it in real estate or any other small business, or in domaining?

Please share your opinions, hope this will help me and others.
Overall I think the sales will increase for at least the next 3-5 years. How much will definitely depend on inflation.

My main business earns considerably more money than domaining and getting back into domaining was a way for me to diversify my money. Were domaining to takeover and be my dominant source of income, I would most likely look at real estate.

•••
Growing inflation is motivating people are to buy equities and crypto. Not sure how the average domain fits that scenario.

I expect sales will stay strong.

•••
•••
Domaining will only become more profitable. Truth be told I kind of lucked not being to get involved last 20 years. After the obvious top-level names were taken its more a matter of finding good names that are undervalued or spotting future trends. There is no way as a teenager I would have avoided the anything is better than nothing trap.

•••
My first two years I made plenty of mistakes but with the growth in need for digital real estate will only increase

I think the distributed internet will become more popular in the next couple of years.

I'm undecided if it will give more control to the people or the Government.

•••
Does it seems like there are fewer reported sales in the Domain name sales report thread at NamePros?
Though: reported sales at Namebio seems to be as 'always' to me.
I follow the completed sales thread and some days it does seem like there's only a couple of sales while others there are 20 sales.

With nearly 1000 pages of posts, we could probably go through and see how many pages were posted for each year. But that wouldn't necessarily show better selling years, merely more participation.

•••
Looking at the future of domaining, what are your thoughts on domainers owning their personal portfolio website? Do you advise domainers to own their personal portfolio website or continue to sell through other registrars like Dan, GoDaddy, Afternic e.t.c without owning their own site?
And why not sell in the two systems? personal portfolio website and any other salesmarket

•••
Hi @scithe
Can you please share your opinion?

•••
•••
My first two years I made plenty of mistakes but with the growth in need for digital real estate will only increase

•••
Does it seems like there are fewer reported sales in the Domain name sales report thread at NamePros?
Though: reported sales at Namebio seems to be as 'always' to me.

Last edited:
•••
Domaining will outlive our lifetimes.. Thousands of trends like crypto, meta will come n go.. domains will always be the "sell shovels in the gold rush" play in all those trends

•••
Domaining will outlive our lifetimes.. Thousands of trends like crypto, meta will come n go.. domains will always be the "sell shovels in the gold rush" play in all those trends

yeah domain is something like foundation

•••
Looking at the future of domaining, what are your thoughts on domainers owning their personal portfolio website? Do you advise domainers to own their personal portfolio website or continue to sell through other registrars like Dan, GoDaddy, Afternic e.t.c without owning their own site?

•••
Im looking to sell my portfolio of 1000 domains ,coms, They are all either related to the New green energy TECH or EV Auto Ind. Can anyone advise me on the best registrars like GoDaddy ect to list them on, Im looking for world wide coverage for them.

•••
Im looking to sell my portfolio of 1000 domains ,coms, They are all either related to the New green energy TECH or EV Auto Ind. Can anyone advise me on the best registrars like GoDaddy ect to list them on, Im looking for world wide coverage for them.
List them on Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
Hi, Is Afternic a part of Godaddy group??

•••
Back