IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stop lying. Epik would use GiveSendGo.com
;)
They would create their own knockoff service. Sounds about right. :ROFL:

Brad

•••
Masterbucks.com is up for renewal in October.

They have under (5) months to raise the $10 to renew it.

Then they need to raise another $10 by December when NameLiquidate.com expires.

It doesn't look good.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Masterbucks.com is up for renewal in October.

They have under (5) months to raise the $10 to renew it.

Then they need to raise another $10 by December when NameLiquidate.com expires.

It doesn't look good.

Brad
Perhaps, it will go off into the sunset.
I worry they will “play out the clock”.
@Kathleen Kalaf, have you considered using a fundraiser, in all seriousness? It should be GoFundMe.

You might raise the $100,000 or $91,000? of domain? People are usually more empathetic raising money for legal costs.
I empathize with you… Reflects bad on industry. —Rooting for the RICO lawsuit to succeed against epik.

Your case is apolitical. It’s wrong what happened to you.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps, it will go off into the sunset.
I worry they will “play out the clock”.
@Kathleen Kalaf, have you considered using a fundraiser, in all seriousness? It can be GoFundMe or GiveSendGo just use one.

You might raise the $100,000 or $91,000? of domain? People are usually more empathetic to people raising money for legal costs.
I empathize with you… Reflects bad on industry. —Rooting for the RICO lawsuit to succeed against epik.
She did.

The problem is the domain world is small overall.

That is really the main reason Epik is able to still carry on this scam.

Small field, small player, and an impotent regulatory body in ICANN.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
She did.

The problem is the domain world is small overall.

That is really the main reason Epik is able to still carry on this scam.

Small field, small player, and an impotent regulatory body in ICANN.

Brad
If only epik wasnt a “nobody” in this business.
Having small market share helps ICANN to ignore, despite the six-figure transaction.
Is epik on borrowed time?

Last edited:
•••
Epik must be really short on cash. At least they are treating everyone's renewals the same, ie waiting till the last minute before they spend the money at the registry on the renewal.
Their domain federatedidentity (that they used to use for logins) expired on 4-13, but they didn't renew it until yesterday 5-24 (41 days after expiry).

and what exactly or why does it work better or change anything for em to wait last minute to do it?

•••
If only epik wasnt a “nobody” in this business.
Having small market share helps ICANN to ignore, despite the six-figure transaction.
Is epik on borrowed time?
Outside ICANN, there have been reports to the FBI and Washington AG. The wheels of justice can just be incredibly slow.

Look how long much larger companies were able to carry on scams. FTX, Theranos, Enron, Bernie Madoff, etc. Those were all multi-billion dollar operations.

Sooner or later this behavior will likely catch up with Epik, but I am sure it is frustratingly slow for the victims.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I've been trying to find some domains on NameLiquidate in order to use up my final credit at Epik. I had intended to only bid on names that had a few months until expiry and bought one like this the other day, which was delivered into my account just fine. However, I must have forgotten to check on one other - I won another about 12 hours ago - not only has the domain not been delivered to my account, but the renewal (which I was also charged for) has not been done. Not that I am the slightest bit surprised of course. The domain expired 1-2 days ago, so I guess they have another 40-ish days to sort it out. Anyway, I'll use up the credit one way or another - it's just whether I get any domains out of it that'll be in question...

•••
Maybe Bill Hartzer should buy this name.
The communists took away my grandfather's house a hundred years ago, but he bought it at an auction, dismantled it, and moved it to another place.
We still live in this house.
The DNProtect domain name was sold by Epik Inc to a well-known domain investor, along with a bunch of other domains. I have had discussions with that domain investor who reached out to me. They wanted thousands for the domain. Given the circumstances, I am not going to pay thousands for that domain.

Good luck to the new owner of that domain if anyone buys it, at this point it's pretty much worthless.

•••
The DNProtect domain name was sold by Epik Inc to a well-known domain investor, along with a bunch of other domains. I have had discussions with that domain investor who reached out to me. They wanted thousands for the domain. Given the circumstances, I am not going to pay thousands for that domain.

Good luck to the new owner of that domain if anyone buys it, at this point it's pretty much worthless.

The same investor who bought a big part of the Epik portfolio?

Who is it? Kinda shady trying to sell you back the domain Epik stole from you.

•••

My guess is the plaintiff's attorney in the RICO lawsuit is going to want to know more details about these asset sales, and where the money went.

The amended lawsuit mentions the concern regarding asset sales -

Stating concern about an asset sale. The amended complaint adds a section titled “Defendants Attempt to Sell Epik and Its Assets”. It explains that Epik CEO Brian Royce recently tweeted about negotiating asset sales and that former CEO Rob Monster confirmed to Adkisson on May 12 “that he understood ‘that an asset sale is being finalized'”. The complaint states, “If an asset sale is completed, Epik intends to pay its creditors before repaying the consumers whose funds Defendants misappropriated.”

This could end up roping even more people in. I hope for their sake these transactions were arm's length, and not some shady insider deals.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Sounds like a shrewd businessman playing with Bill’s feelings attached to the name.
Bill was shrewder and he told us his logic why said no.

How different from domainers offering “expired DNs” they won back to prev owners; who let the name expire; for whatever. It’s the same reason! (At least to me) I wouldnt call it shady, since distinction belongs to epik. —

Any news on Whoq.com? i liked that 1 too lol

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, any goodwill associated with that domain is pretty much dead at this point.

It's an unfortunate situation, but you were better off rebranding.

Brad

•••
Yeah, any goodwill associated with that domain is pretty much dead at this point.

It's an unfortunate situation, but you were better off rebranding.

Brad
Like Epik; we’re approaching there… They ruining name.
You gave me the idea. I wonder if epik rebrands. LOL.

Last edited:
•••
Like Epik; we’re approaching there… They ruining name.
You gave me the idea. I wonder if epik rebrands. LOL
Epik as a brand basically has no value at this point. If they are known for anything, it is only bad things.

They have already sold off many of their assets. All they really have left of any value are their current registrations, which have been plummeting in recent months.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

There were two large Epik portfolios of domains that were sold. It was a part of the second portfolio of domains that was sold by Royce. I know this investor, and I'm not going to come out and potentially ruin his reputation publicly. At least not now, I'm not that petty.

•••
Sounds like a shrewd businessman playing with Bill’s feelings attached to the name.
Bill was shrewder and he told us his logic why said no.

How different from domainers offering “expired DNs” they won back to prev owners; who let the name expire; for whatever. It’s the same reason! (At least to me) I wouldnt call it shady, since distinction belongs to epik. —

Any news on Whoq.com? i liked that 1 too lol
Whoq was sold as a part of the first portfolio of Epik names, let's call him the "ndsplitter" investor.

•••
I'm not going to come out and potentially ruin his reputation publicly. At least not now, I'm not that petty.

Fair enough. I don't think I would go that easy on a guy trying to peddle a stolen domain.

Let's face it. Epik stole the domain. He bought it (knowing it's stolen) and is now targeting the rightful owner to sell it to, you.

Easy math I think.

Last edited:
•••
and I'm not going to come out and potentially ruin his reputation publicly. At least not now, I'm not that petty.

I would also like to add... It's actually a petty move on this Investor's part. No shame in taking over a portfolio previously owned by E but... He could've offered you this particular domain 'at cost' .

Right thing to do. Especially since it doesn't concern a very valuable domain.

You're the rightful owner. Everyone in this industry knows this...

•••
To update those following my issues with the .tv names that were not renewing despite being paid for.

Thanks to efforts by a few people, all the .tv names with issues have been successfully moved to another registrar. Many thanks to those that took the time to get involved and help me!

•••
Epik must be really short on cash. At least they are treating everyone's renewals the same, ie waiting till the last minute before they spend the money at the registry on the renewal.
Their domain federatedidentity (that they used to use for logins) expired on 4-13, but they didn't renew it until yesterday 5-24 (41 days after expiry).
It is now loading a parking page. That really inspires confidence. :facepalm:

Brad

•••
Last edited:
•••
I tried registering a new domain using my Epik masterbucks balance. The transaction was done on 23/05/23. Up till now, the domain hasn't been registered and still available for registration on other registrars.

•••
Do people keep paying for domain renewals (sometimes multiple times for the same thing) and this is the net profit of Epik villains?

Last edited:
•••
Did Epik fire all support staff?

They don't respond to tickets anymore.

•••
Back