Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very interesting - around 1:32:00 Braden said there are lots of investors who have Epik shares. And Ammar admitted that his shares came in a deal years ago and he wasn't even aware he had them. So it seems there are probably a lot more investors than we had thought.

Makes me wonder why there's so little coverage regarding the mess Epik is creating and the damage they impose on real people.

If there are more high profile domainers invested in E they should speak up.

Regarding the podcast, although it's a good listen, they all act like it's all just a big epik fail and seem to make a lot of fun out of it. Fine, but they are neglecting to address the seriousness of the impact this has on people's lives.

Personally I'd also be curious to know which 'high profile' domainers are still with E and why.

•••
Makes me wonder why there's so little coverage regarding the mess Epik is creating and the damage they impose on real people.

Regarding the podcast, although it's a good listen, they all act like it's all just a big epik fail and seem to make a lot of fun out of it. Fine, but they are neglecting to address the seriousness of the impact this has on people's lives.

Personally I'd also be curious to know which 'high profile' domainers are still with E and why.
Let’s start with the basics;
It’s expensive to transfer out;
I said i had 149; care to multiple that by $8-10?

It has to be slow and steady; i dont think this line of questioning is appropriate; they are the ones taking all the risk; keeping domains epik. Let’s further investigate them and make their lives miserable with suspicions of ulterior motives. And sometimes, you can laugh make a joke of uncomfortable big situations; at least 1-2: especially @jberryhill had serious tones; and my favorite line was amongst all the laughter, ridicule jberryhill said
“i try to be helpful” which you are not doing

When they called it Darwinism; there was another smart man; i respect who maintained respect for epik’s remaining loyal; which you are refusing to do. It’s like they are automatically criminals; for still domains epik. Thank you to that guy too! Ammar best moderator better than hosts. Ammar and @jberryhill took the topic seriously; and i applaud their discipline throughout.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Is there a criminal investigation right now, or does everyone pretend everything is ok, at govt level.
It must be easy to find/catch these people, their servers, phones; seize their assets, etc.
Can we check whether there is an investigation involving/against Epik.
???
Authorities must understand that we didn't invest in Masterbucks or take a risk.
They just decided to kill their own business and steal our money, and must be preparing to do something worse.
Multiple reports have been made to the FBI, Washington AG, and ICANN.

It is not like the authorities are going to update people on an active investigation.

We know from leaked text messages and comments in this thread that the Washington AG has an active investigation.

I assume the FBI will get around to it eventually, if they are not actively investigating now.

Transactions like the @Kathleen Kalaf one are likely to be highly problematic for Epik if they are on the FBI's radar.

Brad

•••
Let’s start with the basics;
It’s expensive to transfer out;
I said i had 149; care to multiple that by $8-10?

It has to be slow and steady; i dont think this line of questioning is appropriate; they are the ones taking all the risk; keeping domains epik. Let’s further investigate them and make their lives miserable with suspicions of ulterior motives. And sometimes, you can laugh make a joke of uncomfortable big situations; at least 1-2: especially @jberryhill had serious tones; and my favorite line was amongst all the laughte, ridicule jberryhill said
“i try to be helpful” which you are not doing

When they called it Darwinism; there was another smart man; i respect who maintained respect for epik’s remaining loyal; which you are refusing to do. It’s like they are automatically criminals; for still domains epik. Thank you to that guy too! He was best moderator better than than hosts.

I wouldn't call 149 domains a lot but understand that issue. That's a lot of money to 'waste' on transfers. There's nothing wrong in using them at a calculated risk.

I'm talking big Portfolios here. The ones you would be able to track from their leak.

Some are still there. People with funds. People with motive. People with (relative) power. You don't hear them/ speak up.

And yes, I appreciate a good joke but would appreciate it even more if key players in this industry would come together and condemn E for each and every single scam they've been pulling to date.

•••
One of those addresses is clearly a home residence.

You really should not be using your home address on business documents, especially for something that is not like a small mom & pop company.

Brad
Rob would never be that dumb;
although i believe Rob M remains in WA;
take a close look at the company’s address:
03587E70-60DE-46AA-AA76-30609B6B5BDE.jpeg

This is Epik’s agent; they used agent’s address.
https://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/privacy-by-default

•••
The truth is the domain industry is small, and even in that field Epik is a relatively minor player.

I am disappointed by the coverage in the field overall. Really only @DomainNameWire and DomainGang.com have made much effort to cover it.

Many of the more prominent blogs and people have completely avoided the situation.

I agree. It is time to distance yourself.

If you don't do it now, it might reflect poorly on you later, especially if it comes out some of these connected parties had inside information and didn't speak up.

I think there is actual empathy for the victims, but they are trying to make the most out of a bad situation.

Brad

•••
Rob would never be that dumb;
although i believe Rob M remains in WA;
take a close look at the company’s address:
Show attachment 234511
This is Epik’s agent; they used agent’s address.
https://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/privacy-by-default
You can look at their business registration and see the home residence.

I think because it is used on a business registration, it would be acceptable to post it.
However, I don't think it is appropriate.

The address is used on Epik Holdings Inc, Epik Inc, eRise, etc.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't call 149 domains a lot but understand that issue. That's a lot of money to 'waste' on transfers. There's nothing wrong in using them at a calculated risk.

I'm talking big Portfolios here. The ones you would be able to track from their leak.

Some are still there. People with funds. People with motive. People with (relative) power. You don't hear them/ speak up.

And yes, I appreciate a good joke but would appreciate it even more if key players in this industry would come together and condemn E for each and every single scam they've been pulling to date.
Thanks man! Wouldnt big portfolios make it more difficult and cost intrusive!
And i’m being 100% transparent!

They said RegisterFly but Moniker came to mind; when a registrar fails and another is forced to acquire it ina forced takeover.

Getting SVB and Signature Bank vibes! Jk :) You ask a valid question; it weighs a risk-cost analysis if paying $8000 to transfer out 1000 domains is worth it!! I think some also refuse to believe; end seems near…Reminds me of dog in the burning house meme; but slow and gradually while secretly hoping epik doesnt fail until then…That’s my best guess; would be great if epik’s biggest clients posted here

Last edited:
•••
When they called it Darwinism; there was another smart man; i respect who maintained respect for epik’s remaining loyal; which you are refusing to do. It’s like they are automatically criminals; for still domains epik. Thank you to that guy too! Ammar best moderator better than hosts. Ammar and @jberryhill took the topic seriously; and i applaud their discipline throughout.
Darwinism is referring to the customers who would still use Epik now.

After the massive data breach, after being broke, after screwing customers over, after attacking domainers, after not being able to process registrations/renewals in a timely manner, etc.

If after all that, someone still decides to use Epik, I get the Darwin reference.

Brad

•••
Darwinism is referring to the customers who would still use Epik now.
Yes Brad, it reminds me of those who say “Darwinism” on people die subway surfing. I understand the concept of natural selection and survival of the fittest best part; without Politics— I didnt appreciate that euphemism.
After the massive data breach, after being broke, after screwing customers over, after attacking domainers, after not being able to process registrations/renewals in a timely manner, etc.

If after all that, someone still decides to use Epik, I get the Darwin reference.

Brad
Agreed; which is why having Rob Monster, CEO mitigated those concerns, for me. Rob MIA is damning; cultivated relationships over many years, and i’d be curious how many of those bridges are burned; without calling the remaining stakeholders “Darwinism” some things may be out of their control; like costs; transferring thousands, costs 8 thousand; easiest anw; to seemingly difficult Q.

Last edited:
•••
Yes Brad, it reminds me of those who say “Darwinism” on people die subway surfing. I understand the concept of natural selection and survival of the fittest best part; without Politics— I didnt appreciate that euphemism.
Some people simply don't know about these issues. If you don't frequent domain forums or blogs, you might not have heard about any of this.

However, in my view the Darwinism reference would be related to those that do know about all these problems, and still decide to use Epik. I think that would be stupid to take the risk, knowing about these issues.

Even if you believed in @Rob Monster, he is no longer the face of the company. In fact, he is no longer willing to even show his face anywhere.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The truth is the domain industry is small, and even in that field Epik is a relatively minor player.

I am disappointed by the coverage in the field overall. Really only @DomainNameWire and DomainGang.com have made much effort to cover it.

True. Good thing we have this thread containing a lot of info for people to read and research may they encounter the same issues with E/MB.

To be honest, I'm not even sure Epik got that much coverage to begin with, even in their 'prime' days, besides the hype they created on nP.

I think there is actual empathy for the victims, but they are trying to make the most out of a bad situation.

I agree. Probably worded it a bit harsh. It can be an awkward subject matter. Even more so if you got somehow unknowingly dragged in, even just by association.

•••
Thanks man! Wouldnt big portfolios make it more difficult and cost intrusive!
And i’m being 100% transparent!

They said RegisterFly but Moniker came to mind; when a registrar fails and another is forced to acquire it ina forced takeover.

Getting SVB and Signature Bank vibes! Jk :) You ask a valid question; it weighs a risk-cost analysis if paying $8000 to transfer out 1000 domains is worth it!! I think some also refuse to believe; end seems near…Reminds me of dog in the burning house meme; but slow and gradually while secretly hoping epik doesnt fail until then…That’s my best guess; would be great if epik’s biggest clients posted here

Definitely. If you have a lot of domains with them it's a bitter pill to swallow.

If you're in this situation, I think the best thing to do to cover your bases is to have whois privacy disabled (and accurate) and have up to date EPP transfer codes on file. May ICANN need to step in, you should be able to get out in a timely manner or make sure the domains remain under your possession once awarded to another registrar.

•••
Rob MIA is damning; cultivated relationships over many years, and i’d be curious how many of those bridges are burned;
Hi Samer,

What should be most surprising is that Monster discontinued the Orphans.com initiative so quickly after starting it. It's now a parked page. What are your thoughts on all this?

Take care.

Last edited:
•••
Tip for those investigating how the money (~$10M) disappeared. Look at all the people Monster sent money to, wires crypto, etc. Many of those people are unknowing pawns as Monster just later used them as excuse to launder money in their names.

•••
•••
What would be the motivation to create orphans.com site. There can be two possible reasons: Child traficking, so deepstate can sacrifice them; or just the opposite, protecting children from the deepstate. In any case it would be target of the deepstate or the antideepstate. We know most charities pretending to protect kids were actually child traffickers (at least until recently). Their original motivation can be positive, but deepstate would print money and use that money to buy anything. I think Epik's problems were caused by such things, either by being very bad already, or being target of very bad entities. Most of the western govts are corrupt or were corrupt until recently. So, it may take time to fix Epik, because it may require fixing the world and nearby galaxies. Everyone says, we are close to the victory, but looks like there are some negotiations going on with negative ETs, possibly because good ETs don't want them to come from their home galaxies and do crazy things as revenge.

I invite white-hat military to take care of this situation. Because investigators themselves might be part of the crime, or they can be the actual criminals. What would KM do: kill merchants in a convoy, wear their clothes and pretend to be them; in addition to other horible crimes like stealing kids, and drinking their blood after torturing them. I mean Epik can be greater victim than we are, and original Epik people may not be around, or just the oppsite they may have deserved execution long time ago before cash problems.

Last edited:
•••
•••
What would be the motivation to create orphans.com site. There can be two possible reasons: Child traficking, so deepstate can sacrifice them; or just the opposite, protecting children from the deepstate.
There are plenty of more plausible motivations, like virtue signaling for instance.

You pretend to do something good, but it is really just part of the grift to make yourself look better.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
What would be the motivation to create orphans.com site. There can be two possible reasons: Child traficking, so deepstate can sacrifice them; or just the opposite, protecting children from the deepstate. In any case it would be target of the deepstate or the antideepstate. We know most charities pretending to protect kids were actually child traffickers (at least until recently). Their original motivation can be positive, but deepstate would print money and use that money to buy anything. I think Epik's problems were caused by such things, either by being very bad already, or being target of very bad entities. Most of the western govts are corrupt or were corrupt until recently. So, it may take time to fix Epik, because it may require fixing the world and nearby galaxies. Everyone says, we are close to the victory, but looks like there are some negotiations going on with negative ETs, possibly because good ETs don't want them to come from their home galaxies and do crazy things as revenge.

I invite white-hat military to take care of this situation. Because investigators themselves might be part of the crime, or they can be the actual criminals. What would KM do: kill merchants in a convoy, wear their clothes and pretend to be them; in addition to other horible crimes like stealing kids, and drinking their blood after torturing them. I mean Epik can be greater victim than we are, and original Epik people may not be around, or just the oppsite they may have deserved execution long time ago before cash problems.
3rd option, trick people into thinking you are a good person, including yourself.

•••
Did Igor get paid?
Look who it is. Where is that evidence you claimed to have of Monster's money laundering? It would probably help get Igor paid. Publish it or DM to me and I will.

•••
Yes. What is interesting to me is that even as of Nov last year (when the current situation was already well-known) the net losses at Epik were not very high (as per @jmcc). It'll be interesting to see the December figures once they're out.

These are the ICANN registrar totals and monthly changes, total renewed and total new registrations, total , deletions (deleted no grace), transfer gain and total transfer loss for Epik from the most recent reports (November 2022 / 202211) to Septeber 2020.

Month - Registrar - Total - Change - Renewed - New - Deleted - Gain - Loss

| 202211 | Epik, Inc. | 767,293 | -13,003 | 33,911 | 13,777 | 12,984 | 1,767 | 14,246 |
| 202210 | Epik, Inc. | 780,296 | -12,258 | 38,559 | 10,942 | 11,330 | 2,548 | 15,339 |
| 202209 | Epik, Inc. | 792,554 | -15,611 | 57,622 | 10,364 | 12,009 | 11,193 | 15,976 |
| 202208 | Epik, Inc. | 808,160 | 20,323 | 47,675 | 19,074 | 8,442 | 11,770 | 9,513 |
| 202207 | Epik, Inc. | 787,837 | 2,496 | 38,648 | 10,132 | 7,858 | 7,990 | 6,670 |
| 202206 | Epik, Inc. | 785,341 | 4,555 | 31,504 | 10,825 | 10,191 | 6,525 | 3,156 |
| 202205 | Epik, Inc. | 780,786 | 7,829 | 35,480 | 10,858 | 7,589 | 9,128 | 2,890 |
| 202204 | Epik, Inc. | 772,957 | 15,257 | 32,751 | 19,875 | 7,123 | 7,711 | 4,574 |
| 202203 | Epik, Inc. | 757,700 | 9,791 | 35,317 | 11,757 | 7,278 | 7,856 | 3,606 |
| 202202 | Epik, Inc. | 747,909 | 9,871 | 32,497 | 9,540 | 8,128 | 10,503 | 2,832 |
| 202201 | Epik, Inc. | 738,038 | 8,542 | 50,657 | 10,115 | 11,287 | 19,148 | 1,972 |
| 202112 | Epik, Inc. | 729,496 | 15,536 | 37,898 | 12,837 | 12,066 | 14,544 | 5,931 |
| 202111 | Epik, Inc. | 713,960 | 14,578 | 27,317 | 15,334 | 10,473 | 18,891 | 4,581 |
| 202110 | Epik, Inc. | 699,382 | 15,421 | 27,453 | 13,170 | 11,914 | 17,449 | 7,258 |
| 202109 | Epik, Inc. | 683,961 | 19,973 | 41,039 | 12,570 | 12,327 | 30,060 | 5,798 |
| 202108 | Epik, Inc. | 663,987 | 10,876 | 41,311 | 15,077 | 25,245 | 23,841 | 5,116 |
| 202107 | Epik, Inc. | 653,105 | 2,065 | 33,079 | 10,091 | 20,882 | 17,198 | 6,364 |
| 202106 | Epik, Inc. | 651,046 | -2,436 | 40,290 | 10,308 | 15,509 | 6,294 | 5,035 |
| 202105 | Epik, Inc. | 653,482 | -1,197 | 41,140 | 10,009 | 11,867 | 5,705 | 4,002 |
| 202104 | Epik, Inc. | 654,679 | -9,930 | 31,581 | 12,028 | 6,483 | 7,384 | 5,723 |
| 202103 | Epik, Inc. | 664,609 | -22,033 | 26,218 | 12,437 | 9,265 | 8,106 | 6,880 |
| 202102 | Epik, Inc. | 686,642 | -6,713 | 27,640 | 8,405 | 51,296 | 8,581 | 10,753 |
| 202101 | Epik, Inc. | 693,351 | 4,127 | 41,922 | 8,928 | 13,895 | 18,327 | 11,420 |
| 202012 | Epik, Inc. | 689,224 | -15,110 | 25,503 | 10,437 | 19,494 | 5,221 | 10,185 |
| 202011 | Epik, Inc. | 704,334 | -36,000 | 25,841 | 11,998 | 36,349 | 3,958 | 13,360 |
| 202010 | Epik, Inc. | 740,334 | -5,696 | 26,229 | 26,104 | 25,404 | 4,939 | 4,072 |
| 202009 | Epik, Inc. | 746,030 | 16,176 | 27,309 | 12,715 | 13,911 | 5,554 | 3,565 |

It is still a subtantial registrar. Apart from being able to pay employees and operating costs, it has to be able to pay for new registrations and renewals. Most of the domain names are in the .COM gTLD and that's a good thing. The renewal rates in .COM tend to be quite strong. The renewal rates in the new gTLDs are often low.

Most of Epik's registrations are using off-registrar hosting. They are not hosted on Epik's nameservers. As Epik has focused its market on the domainer market, it would be safe to say that many of them are on sales and auction websites. The problem with the domainer market is that apart from the premium regs, the renewal rate in the more speculative registrations (which go straight on to the sales sites) tends to be low. If they cannot be sold within a year, they are dropped.

The domain name market is a complex one and there are many factors that can make or break a registrar. Brian Royce was basically thrown in at the deep end. His comments about domainers showed that he was unaware of Epik's position in the market's ecology. It is not a diversified registrar like the large players and is largely focused on gTLDs. Its treatment of people over the Masterbucks issue would be unacceptable in any other industry. The problem with a lot of the expectations about Epik failing catastrophically and immediately is that Epik has a large momentum in terms of renewals.

The transfer loss (domain names transferred out to another registrar) ramp up after August 2022. The renewals and new registrations (the lifeblood of any registrar) are stable. ICANN has a three month delay on publication of the reports so the December 2022 reports will be published on 01 April 2023. There is an interesting spike in transfer losses just after the hack but it seems quite limited in effect. Transfer gains didn't collapse during the months after the hack. What makes the November 2022 and October 2022 transfer gains different is that they are much lower.

Regards...jmcc

•••
I've been mulling over the idea of starting up my own domain registrar but with such low margins on domain sales it's important to come up with creative ways to monetize those customers to make the business a real money maker. Here are some of my initial ideas:

1) I could Just take domains out of customers accounts, then send myself a crypto payment marked as payment to the poor sucker whose domain I stole so it looks like proper transaction in company books. I will of course need to focus on customers with large domain portfolios that don't keep up with audits but since I control the code that hosts that domains I can make exp date or even ownership or anything say anything I want so by the time they figure it out it it'is too late and I have a good excuse. If I really got caught I could just give them back the domain and keep my embezzled money.

2) I could then sell those stolen domains to people for a discount if they are wiling to help me embezzle and launder by paying a fraction of costs in USD and then sending the balance in crypto secretly or buying some property or item in a hidden trust's account. Company takes a loss but I can pocket a big chunk tax free.

3) I could set up a domain escrow service and launder money for organized crime and myself. Domains have no set definitive cost so it would be very easy to buy and sell domains to each other at high and low prices and keep that squeaky clean'ish money in between. Of course this model doesn't always end well but I guess there is some risk in all business models.
4) I could also use my escrow service as a personal LOC and loan out money at high interest rates for domains names and make big bets on stonks and crypto with that money and hope the kite doesn't crash before more wind comes.

5) I could then claim those domains I hold as collateral as my own and take out massive loans or trick investors out of their money with inflated valuations.

6) I could set up a simple ponzi scheme where I give people make believe money in exchange for real money.

7) I could sell all my customers' and their users' data to the highest bidder and just make it look like a big accident but if this is ever discovered it would probably go very badly for me, especially if all my customers I betrayed were a bunch of militia types with bald heads and black boots. I sure hope no one would make it public if I did such a thing.

8) Now with all this filthy lucre in crypto in various anon wallets how can I convert to real money since it is still pretty hard to buy real things with crypto? Well there are people who will convert your crypto to USD or whatever for a cut, usually about $.75 to the dollar. You just show up in a coffee shop with your devices and money, transfer the crypto and take the money. There are many sites online to coordinate such transactions but most of them are in places like Mexico or Thailand, especially Thailand.

Now of course it would be very easy for anyone with half a brain to unravel these scams so I will need to have a bunch of corrupt people around me to help cover up things and protect me.

Anyone want buy some shares in my new registrar? What should I call it?

•••
When Brian Royce failed to repay those innocent, not accomplices, customers HE took money from, with the money he got from asset sales, strung them along, treated them like garbage, telling some to "F" off (w/o the abbreviation) and instead used that money to repay creditors, himself and his garbage devs working on his garbage fintech he became another monster to me and my enemy. That was a mistake.

You'd think a guy that has always struggled financially would have learned to have compassion for others in financial hardships but nope.

14 days to get off his arrogant, skinny lying arse and reach out to every customer he owes money to personally or I go full berserker mode. Time is up.

Last edited:
•••
Back